A supernatural experience at Picketpost Mountain/Alamo Wash.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Picketpost Mountain was one of my favorite prospecting haunts back in the day. You could still watch the cowboys bringing the range cattle up the dry washes to get a drink at the windmills and watering holes. I was always turning up bits and pieces of broken Indian pottery as I fed my dry washer. I found no appreciable Gold, but put in a lot of hard work and learned some History and Geology while I was at it.
One time I had been there three or four days and my water and my spirits were running low. It was the middle of summer and I found it very hard to get any sleep because it stays hot all night long. That night I drifted off to a fitful sleep. All night long I dreamed the Apaches were torturing me with Cholla cactus. They would drag me through the cactus fields with rope on horse back and use their long lances to force me into the worst thickets of it. I had cactus in my eyes, mouth, and everywhere else and it was very painful and I was afraid and lonely. Well when I finally woke up the sun was already up and making life miserable and I got up and dressed and went outside. When I stepped outside the tent, I noticed a red arrowhead sitting on the ground in front of my tent. To this very day I believe that I had a supernatural experience that night.

The red arrowhead has since disappeared.:icon_scratch:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Picketpost Mountain was one of my favorite prospecting haunts back in the day. You could still watch the cowboys bringing the range cattle up the dry washes to get a drink at the windmills and watering holes. I was always turning up bits and pieces of broken Indian pottery as I fed my dry washer. I found no appreciable Gold, but put in a lot of hard work and learned some History and Geology while I was at it.
One time I had been there three or four days and my water and my spirits were running low. It was the middle of summer and I found it very hard to get any sleep because it stays hot all night long. That night I drifted off to a fitful sleep. All night long I dreamed the Apaches were torturing me with Cholla cactus. They would drag me through the cactus fields with rope on horse back and use their long lances to force me into the worst thickets of it. I had cactus in my eyes, mouth, and everywhere else and it was very painful and I was afraid and lonely. Well when I finally woke up the sun was already up and making life miserable and I got up and dressed and went outside. When I stepped outside the tent, I noticed a red arrowhead sitting on the ground in front of my tent. To this very day I believe that I had a supernatural experience that night.

The red arrowhead has since disappeared.:icon_scratch:

I believe you. More than that, have you ever metal detected those dry washes? I met a guy many, many years ago(1982) east of you that made a good income finding nuggets in the washes south of the Superstitions. Now I don't believe in the Lost Dutchman mine, but I do think there were mines in the area(Spanish-Peralta) and the place is igneous rock. Wpuld not believe there was gold anywhere around there, but have actually seen the man's gpld nuggets, handled them and there is gold that came from somewhere and washed down those washes at some time in the past. And you are not the first person to be "visited". My old friend Jerry(long deceased) told me his experiences in that area in the 1930's.
Good luck on the hunt, forget the paranormal, seek the gold...

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
Maybe they had something buried close to where your at and were trying to scare you off so you don't find it.

OP
OP
elgatodelnoche

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe you. More than that, have you ever metal detected those dry washes? I met a guy many, many years ago(1982) east of you that made a good income finding nuggets in the washes south of the Superstitions. Now I don't believe in the Lost Dutchman mine, but I do think there were mines in the area(Spanish-Peralta) and the place is igneous rock. Wpuld not believe there was gold anywhere around there, but have actually seen the man's gpld nuggets, handled them and there is gold that came from somewhere and washed down those washes at some time in the past. And you are not the first person to be "visited". My old friend Jerry(long deceased) told me his experiences in that area in the 1930's.
Good luck on the hunt, forget the paranormal, seek the gold...

No I haven't metal detected there. My little brother did some and got NADA, but when we were members of the Superstition Mountain Treasure Hunters a fellow member named Salvador used to dowse for nuggets and get results.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
They're still around? Haven't heard much on them. Its always Phelps Dodge/ Freeport, ASARCO and all the foreign company's that come over and dig all our mineral wealth.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
I just can't believe we're wide open to foreign country's to come here and dig up our lands but yet the government doesn't want us doing squat!

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are all poor, because we are not allowed to dig and make money.
We need to go to a foreign country,dig up there gold,get rich,then come back and dig our own country up.

DentonSandy

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
Denton, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe your experience. That fitful night could have been the same night many years ago that you didn't survive..so you won and the Apache lost but he also retrieved his arrow head.and perhaps left it so you would remember the dream.

Spirits can lead a person to treasure or lead them astray. One man believed that the Dutchman Mine is tough to find due to being protected by Apache spirits because they do not want the land raped and ravaged.

Only God knows just how many treasures have been passed over by trickery.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
I believe your experience. That fitful night could have been the same night many years ago that you didn't survive..so you won and the Apache lost but he also retrieved his arrow head.and perhaps left it so you would remember the dream.

Spirits can lead a person to treasure or lead them astray. One man believed that the Dutchman Mine is tough to find due to being protected by Apache spirits because they do not want the land raped and ravaged.

Only God knows just how many treasures have been passed over by trickery.

You mean like reincarnated?? Stop it! Your scaring me! Lol!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my sister in law attempted to frighten me with tales of a hairy monster roaming this area...she knew my brother an I would walk home from her house{late at night} out by the pyrlite crusher...I never saw a thing out side of some drunk hard rock miners, or their children...also drunk.

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
my sister in law attempted to frighten me with tales of a hairy monster roaming this area...she knew my brother an I would walk home from her house{late at night} out by the pyrlite crusher...I never saw a thing out side of some drunk hard rock miners, or their children...also drunk.

Could that big hairy monster been her husband? Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread