MDing Lake Pleasant
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Tom

Jan 2014
    West Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett PP
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

MDing Lake Pleasant

I'll be flying to Phoenix this weekend from W. Michigan and considering bringing my Garrett AT Pro. I just started detecting this past spring and am totally hooked on beach detecting, in and out of the water. Don't know anything about AZ regulations. I know Lake Pleasant is a Maricopa Co. Park and am curious if there are rules against detecting in Co. Parks. I emailed the Maricopa Co. Parks & Recreation Dept. and got no response. Any insights would be appreciated.

us
    Dan Gamache

Aug 2013
    East Mesa, Arizona
    Garrett Deepseeker ADS
    115 times
    Prospecting
    Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay. A former yooper here.

This thread should answer your question.

us
    Tom

Jan 2014
    West Michigan
    12 times
    Thank you very much. Looking forward to it.

us
    Jul 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Whites TDI
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tomnkari View Post
    I'll be flying to Phoenix this weekend from W. Michigan and considering bringing my Garrett AT Pro. I just started detecting this past spring and am totally hooked on beach detecting, in and out of the water. Don't know anything about AZ regulations. I know Lake Pleasant is a Maricopa Co. Park and am curious if there are rules against detecting in Co. Parks. I emailed the Maricopa Co. Parks & Recreation Dept. and got no response. Any insights would be appreciated.

Ok, here's the scoop . . . they will let you detect there, but they will not let you take out anything you find . . . that is
    exactly what the park ranger told me when I asked. BTW, they call it a beach, but is looks more like a mountain side,
    all large rocks and no sand. I don't consider THAT a beach. I'd say your best bet is to go north of Lake Pleasant, but
    you may end up on someone's claim . . . . I suppose the safest way is to enroll in one of the MD clubs here, they have
    land set aside, but unless it is quite remote, you can bet it has already been picked clean. Also, stay away from State
    land. BLM land is good, but try to avoid anything to readily accessible, because you will find all kinds of junk, mostly
    spent bullets from people target practicing. I like the Palace Station area, in the middle of the Bradshaws, or around
    Milk Creek. I would advise you to take a camera with you, because chances are, you will not find a damn thing, but the
    pictures will be fantastic.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful god, who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes.  Gene Roddenberry

us
    Tom

Jan 2014
    West Michigan
    12 times
    You're right. I found nothing. Way too rocky. Should have stuck to my original plan and detected the Salt River where everyone tubes in the summer time. The river was way down, too. Steve at A&B Prospecting in Phoenix was a big help, too. Thanx for the input guys, really appreciate it. Live & learn.

us
    Mar 2010
    Arizona
    Whites Minelab Fisher
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tomnkari View Post
    You're right. I found nothing. Way too rocky. Should have stuck to my original plan and detected the Salt River where everyone tubes in the summer time. The river was way down, too. Steve at A&B Prospecting in Phoenix was a big help, too. Thanx for the input guys, really appreciate it. Live & learn.
    I really don't think you would of done any better on the salt to many beer cans and keys. And then there Indian lands next that are far much worse.
    cliffy
    Last edited by Cliffy; Mar 22, 2014 at 05:47 PM.

us
    Jul 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Whites TDI
    20 times
    My bet is that they call it a "beach" to attract naive tourists . . . . if they had any brains though, they would truck in some sand and make a real beach . . . then they would get tourists and locals.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing, all-powerful god, who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his own mistakes.  Gene Roddenberry

May 2013
    36 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20140408_172930.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	269.2 KB 
ID:	975093

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20140408_173021.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	975096

I found these in the salt river these past couple weekends out, there sure is a lot of beer cans and pull tabs though!!

us
    Jul 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Whites TDI
    20 times
    Nice finds, I have detected there, but all I came up with was a few pennies!

Sponsored Links