Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be flying to Phoenix this weekend from W. Michigan and considering bringing my Garrett AT Pro. I just started detecting this past spring and am totally hooked on beach detecting, in and out of the water. Don't know anything about AZ regulations. I know Lake Pleasant is a Maricopa Co. Park and am curious if there are rules against detecting in Co. Parks. I emailed the Maricopa Co. Parks & Recreation Dept. and got no response. Any insights would be appreciated.

OP
OP
T

tomnkari

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much. Looking forward to it.

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
I'll be flying to Phoenix this weekend from W. Michigan and considering bringing my Garrett AT Pro. I just started detecting this past spring and am totally hooked on beach detecting, in and out of the water. Don't know anything about AZ regulations. I know Lake Pleasant is a Maricopa Co. Park and am curious if there are rules against detecting in Co. Parks. I emailed the Maricopa Co. Parks & Recreation Dept. and got no response. Any insights would be appreciated.

Ok, here's the scoop . . . they will let you detect there, but they will not let you take out anything you find . . . that is
exactly what the park ranger told me when I asked. BTW, they call it a beach, but is looks more like a mountain side,
all large rocks and no sand. I don't consider THAT a beach. I'd say your best bet is to go north of Lake Pleasant, but
you may end up on someone's claim . . . . I suppose the safest way is to enroll in one of the MD clubs here, they have
land set aside, but unless it is quite remote, you can bet it has already been picked clean. Also, stay away from State
land. BLM land is good, but try to avoid anything to readily accessible, because you will find all kinds of junk, mostly
spent bullets from people target practicing. I like the Palace Station area, in the middle of the Bradshaws, or around
Milk Creek. I would advise you to take a camera with you, because chances are, you will not find a damn thing, but the
pictures will be fantastic.

OP
OP
T

tomnkari

Greenie
Jan 26, 2014
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. I found nothing. Way too rocky. Should have stuck to my original plan and detected the Salt River where everyone tubes in the summer time. The river was way down, too. Steve at A&B Prospecting in Phoenix was a big help, too. Thanx for the input guys, really appreciate it. Live & learn.

Cliffy

Mar 8, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Minelab Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right. I found nothing. Way too rocky. Should have stuck to my original plan and detected the Salt River where everyone tubes in the summer time. The river was way down, too. Steve at A&B Prospecting in Phoenix was a big help, too. Thanx for the input guys, really appreciate it. Live & learn.

I really don't think you would of done any better on the salt to many beer cans and keys. And then there Indian lands next that are far much worse.
cliffy

Last edited:

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
My bet is that they call it a "beach" to attract naive tourists . . . . if they had any brains though, they would truck in some sand and make a real beach . . . then they would get tourists and locals.

ErickP

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140408_172930.png

ForumRunner_20140408_173021.png

I found these in the salt river these past couple weekends out, there sure is a lot of beer cans and pull tabs though!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread