Gold Basin Help

timothydenehy

Dec 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I am new here and new to prospecting. Me my wife and 4 kids have been giving it a go with no luck, we recently tried Gold Basin with no luck, I have looked at maps, LR2000, Youtube videos and i am really confused on how to find locations in Gold Basin to dry pan that are not on claims. Can any point me to a small kid friendly location(somewhere we don't have to hike up mountains) or instruct me on how to do it myself?

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:

lchavezmisc

Jan 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kind of new to prospecting myself and am not real familiar with gold basin area. I signed up with weaver and gpaa to help gain experience and for the confidence that i was on the right claim. I enter the claim marker coordinates into my gps and also view them in google earth to become familiar with roads and landmarks. Maybe someone can chime in on what clubs may be in your area. Trying to figure out how to navigate and translate LR2000 can be a daunting task, even with help. Also beware of state trust land.

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Most claims should have something in the area indicating the claim; that said, I have seen at least one place where I know for a fact the marker is out of date. I have a pretty fast internet connection, but that LR000 is slower than hell, I could not use it even if I knew everything about it, it is just to slow. Probably best bet would be stop by a BLM office before you go and have them check. That said, I have panned for gold in places where I know it was present, and came up with nothing but dust you can only see under a microscope . . . . ended up taking more photos and hiking than panning . . . :-)

winchester3030

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2014
Mohave County, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timothy, sorry I have not been on the forum in a while. I live very close to gold basin and know it fairly well. Keep in mind that in addition to the various claim sites, there is quite a bit of privately owned land in the basin. That being said, I happen to own 40 acres there, and if you are still in the area and still interested, I will be happy to show ya around, what to look for, and let you and the wife and kids do some prospecting on my land. You won't get rich, but you will get a bit gold in the pan. IM me if interested. Bill T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions