Kaimi

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2007
las vegas,nv
Detector(s) used
whites gmt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exit 13 off of I40 actually leads to "Franconia Road". Your best bet is to hunt north of the railroad tracks.

an informal outing is planned Dec 14-16, 2007 and if you need more detailed info just send me a PM and I will be more than happy to get you some gps coords to our campsite. Always looking for a couple of new guys to hunt with in the area.

Aloha from Vegas baby,
Stan aka Kaimi

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing around Quartzsite or Yuma? Ill be going there this winter.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I am comeing out to Arizona in the spring and i am going to look for meteorites.....==Jim==

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I know of a meteorite in southern Arizona. It came down about 30 years ago and is still in the hillside where it fell. And it was LARGE.

It came down at night, and a person I know saw it burn into the hillside next to his house. The next morning the impact site was still smoking. He went over to the hill and looked at a hole that was in the side of the hill. It was warm to the touch in the area, so I don't know what type of meteorite would do that. He talked to his nieghbor who owned the land and aske dpermission to dig it out. It buried itself and who knows HOW deep it went into the ground. ANyway, the neighbor said no, and has left it there ever since.

I know both people, know that the story is fairly accurate, and both are still alive, but both are old. I've tried to buy the land at one time, not for teh meteorite but for development, and was rebuffed. If I ever get to buy it, or even get to walk on it, I"Ll try to get that meteorite out of the hill. I've NEVEr heard of a meteroite that has warmed up the impact site the next day! I think it could be quite the exciting find!! I even offered him $100 once for permission to dig oon this hillside. He rejected it, and I intimated I'd go highr, but didn't want ot get him too suspicious.

ANyone have any thoughts? (Other than I'm nuts!) :-)

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Harrr its time to be a pirate........lets go get the treasure, I am up for some night recon YAHARRR a few hours of diggen could mean big $$$$......Remember loose lips sink ships.........Yaharrrrr.......My hats off to you for waiting so long......if that was me well........you know!

db

dustcap

Apr 1, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, Minelab Sovereign XS 2 Pro and Fisher 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrf30
Why not come clean and tell the owner what you believe to be true and that there could be a lot of money in it for him if he lets you take a sample of the rock to the university for analysis. Your better off telling him up front instead of being underhanded in trying to get what you want. Being honest with him could lead to him selling you the land that you desire.
Just a thought. :)
-Ken Chichester "dustcap"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread