OAK FLAT CAMPGROUND

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hi Everyone,

Will you folks please sign our online petition?

Thanks.

The Concerned Citizens and Retired Miners Group in Superior, Arizona is very concerned regarding the potential swap of one of the most stunning recreational sites in the world-located just 5 miles East of Superior-Oak Flat Campground. Located in the Tonto National Forest, Oak Flat Campground was set aside for recreational purposes by Executive Order from President Dwight Eisenhower in 1955 and was to be protected from future development, and in particular, inviolate to mining. Now Resolution Copper Company, a foreign-owned mining company, wants to own this land. They have taken a proposed land swap to Congress and bypassed the public process. If this proposed legislation passes and the mine owns this spectacular area, it will be excluded from public visitation and recreation-and it will be destroyed! We urge you as members of the public who care about what happens to our treasured public lands to speak out against this land swap. Sign our petition and pass it along to your friends and neighbors. Thank you. We need 20,000 signatures in 30 days on a petition to stop Congress giving great public land--and the sacred Apache Leap over to a mining company. Please sign and send to at least 20 people in U.S. This is a national issue! All the details are at http://www.mining-law-reform.info/ www.mining-law-reform.info website, or you can link directly to the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/coop2468/petition.html http://www.petitiononline.com/coop2468/petition.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seemed like a worthy cause to get involved in. It will only take a few minutes, and if everyone sends it to the people in their email address's, it might just make a difference.

In numbers, there is strength. Perhaps, even enough power to change an entire government's thinking.

Respectfully,

Joe Ribaudo

T

TreasureTales

Although I think the petition is a worthy cause, I don't know if it's set up correctly. All petitions that I've ever signed required a real signature with a full address (street, city, and state). So I wonder about the validity of the petitition once it's forwarded to the powers that be. I would also like to add that if the mining company in question is based in Mexico, we are up a creek. It is hard to turn the current folks in the Senate and the Administration against anything a Mexican company wants to do in our land, IMO.

OP
OP
cactusjumper

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
TT,

It is set up correctly for this type of petition. First time I have ever seen one like this, but I checked back up the line and it's all that is needed. For it to work best, all signers need to send it on to the people on their email list.
Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread