Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newbie here in Southeastern Az...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22277 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome from White Plains, New York! Your best choice - in my never humble opinion, would be a Prescott, Arizona made Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. My students and I have found pounds of nuggets and pickers with the LST. Good luck to you!

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    356 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by B&E prospecting View Post
    Welcome ooxdreddx! I have a few BH detectors and although they work pretty good for coins (which they are made for) they don’t have a low enough frequency for much gold unless its above a gram. I would suggest investing in a Fischer Gold bug M-scope or Gold Bug 2. A little higher in price and more technical to operate, but with the M-scopes 19Khz freq or the Bug 2 at 74Khz you just miss that gold! M-scope can be found for under $300 and Bug 2 around $500- just seen one on E-bay go for $510. Minelabs Goldmonster 1000 is another great choice at about 14 Khz. Happy hunting
    the GB2 is actually 71 KHZ and the Gold Monster is 45 KHZ

The Lobo Super Traq as Mr Soloman stated would be a great detector to look at even though I have not used one have seen one in use vary good detector I do use the GM 1000 quite often and they are vary sensitive to small non ferrous targets I.E (Aluminum,Lead,Brass and Gold to name a few)

higher KHZ detectors for small non ferrous and lower KHZ for larger non ferrous for VLF detectors
    Last edited by oldkoot; Dec 17, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

Nov 2017
    1 times
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'm just starting out so I'm learning about KHZ. There aren't very many claims around here but the Mines. I'm sure there is gold in the Gila and tributaries near it. But there are a few legends around and word of mouth stories passed down that I know of.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12802 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Welcome from White Plains, New York! Your best choice - in my never humble opinion, would be a Prescott, Arizona made Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. My students and I have found pounds of nuggets and pickers with the LST. Good luck to you!
    tesoros are made in prescott? can you get me a deal on a used sandshark? ( I want a used pi for beach vacations)
    Terry Soloman likes this.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

Nov 2017
    1 times
    I didn't know that either and I wouldn't mind to hit the beach too.

us
    Jan 2017
    East of snowflake Arizona completely off grid
    Mine-Lab X-Terra 705 with three coils 5x10 hf,9 inch 7 mf and 6 inch hf Garrett AT pro
    356 times
    ooxdreddx Tesoros also come with a lifetime warranty and from what I understand are vary good if coin hunting also the GM 1000 was built specifically for gold detecting I am not real sure as to how a GM 1000 would be if coin hunting I have never tried hunting coins with my GM 1000,that is why in my first reply to your post I suggested the X Terra 705 it is a great detector for coin hunting but it also has a dedicated prospecting mode which works great it also can run three different frequencies but you have to purchase different coils to do that, I was fortunate when I purchased my 705 I purchased a like new used 705 that came with three different coils one of each frequency the 705 can run, have been using it since 09 when I coin detect the 705 is my go to detector and I do use it when detecting for Gold but I also purchased the GM 1000 which is a High frequency detector 45 KHZ which makes it more sensitive to smaller non ferrous targets the 705 can run 18.75 KHZ,7.5 KHZ and 3KHZ but like I said you have to purchase a different coil for each frequency to do that but by being able to run three different frequencies it makes it a vary versatile detector
    Last edited by oldkoot; Dec 17, 2017 at 09:20 PM.

Nov 2017
    1 times
    Oh wow! Thanks for all the info.

Jan 2017
    24 times
    Check out the ghost towns USA website. It breaks down each state by county & alphabetical order. If you hunt ghost towns you'll need a small coil on your machine and a lot of patience. They are filled with tons of rusty cans. Wander away from the main areas where everyone hunts. DON'T QUIT!!! Eventually you will find an old coin or a saloon token. Good luck, be safe, hunt hard.

Nov 2017
    1 times
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

May 2006
    CO, AZ
    dfx, Ryedale!
    199 times
    Where are you are at out there? I know the area decent. Owned 3 or 4 40-acre lots, one with a complete undug indian ruin on it. (Should have kept that one to work, but oh well) I own 40 acres in SIerra Pinito right now. Which sub are you in? Golden horse??

us
    Nov 2013
    Arizona
    Tesoro Bandito Tesoro Silver Micromax
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxdreddx View Post
    ...Any suggetions?

Also would like to meet like minded people in the area who hunt gold and stuff...
    [/URL]
    Sean...
    Here are a couple of resources you might find interesting as far as doing research for gold placer areas.
    https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/1355/plate-1.pdf
    https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/1355/report.pdf
    https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/1348/plate-1.pdf
    https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/1348/report.pdf

One is a USGS report for AZ and the other for NM including the maps. If you live in Graham county you might want to consider poking around in NM.

There are lots of gold prospecting areas in southern AZ. If you do a search for the old AZ gold bulletins on the internet you can find pdf copies that are free to download. There was a famous writer or painter that took out a large placer deposit near the San Francisco river in Greenlee county. When you read that story and do the math it would have been pretty substantial in todays dollars.

I don't have a dedicated gold detector, but was seriously considering the LOBO Supertraq by Tesoro. I have a couple of Tesoros that don't have any issues after years of use. I don't think you could go wrong with the Tesoro Lobo since it could double as a coin shooter.

Wish you the best!
    Dryheat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links