Newbie here in Southeastern Az...

ooxdreddx

Greenie
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been outdoors most my life. My relatives have be into finding gold since I was young but I never got much into it till now. Saving up to get my first metal detector. I would like one that's all around good for finding gold and coins ect...Any suggetions?

Also would like to meet like minded people in the area who hunt gold and stuff...

Thanks
Sean

Sent from my LG-K373 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am in north eastern Az live off grid in a remote area welcome on board what part of southern AZ do you live

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saving up to get my first metal detector. I would like one that's all around good for finding gold and coins ect...Any suggetions?

Thanks
Sean

The X TERRA 705 is a great all around detector and at under $500 is a great buy rite now have been using one since 08 or 09 and have never felt the need to up grade

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

ooxdreddx

Greenie
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh nice. Thanks. I will check it out. My dad has a bounty hunter tracker iv and he is happy with it. I've never seen him find gold with it tho

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
Welcome ooxdreddx! I have a few BH detectors and although they work pretty good for coins (which they are made for) they don’t have a low enough frequency for much gold unless its above a gram. I would suggest investing in a Fischer Gold bug M-scope or Gold Bug 2. A little higher in price and more technical to operate, but with the M-scopes 19Khz freq or the Bug 2 at 74Khz you just miss that gold! M-scope can be found for under $300 and Bug 2 around $500- just seen one on E-bay go for $510. Minelabs Goldmonster 1000 is another great choice at about 14 Khz. Happy hunting

B&E prospecting

Feb 9, 2013
I’m actually vacationing here in AZ for 6 days looking at spending time on some GPAA claims in the Prescott and Wickenberg area with my M-scope hoping for some yellow!!

OP
OP
O

ooxdreddx

Greenie
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much! Good luck out there and take care.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ooxdreddx if you are ever going to be in the Snowflake area feel free to pm me for my number and we can meet up and I will take you out on my property to detect i have 40 acres we can detect cant guarantee we will find anything but you never know

OP
OP
O

ooxdreddx

Greenie
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an adventure! If I make it up there sometime, I will definitely let you know.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :hello: Your best choice - in my never humble opinion, would be a Prescott, Arizona made Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. My students and I have found pounds of nuggets and pickers with the LST. Good luck to you! :skullflag:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome ooxdreddx! I have a few BH detectors and although they work pretty good for coins (which they are made for) they don’t have a low enough frequency for much gold unless its above a gram. I would suggest investing in a Fischer Gold bug M-scope or Gold Bug 2. A little higher in price and more technical to operate, but with the M-scopes 19Khz freq or the Bug 2 at 74Khz you just miss that gold! M-scope can be found for under $300 and Bug 2 around $500- just seen one on E-bay go for $510. Minelabs Goldmonster 1000 is another great choice at about 14 Khz. Happy hunting

the GB2 is actually 71 KHZ and the Gold Monster is 45 KHZ

The Lobo Super Traq as Mr Soloman stated would be a great detector to look at even though I have not used one have seen one in use vary good detector I do use the GM 1000 quite often and they are vary sensitive to small non ferrous targets I.E (Aluminum,Lead,Brass and Gold to name a few)

higher KHZ detectors for small non ferrous and lower KHZ for larger non ferrous for VLF detectors

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

ooxdreddx

Greenie
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I'm just starting out so I'm learning about KHZ. There aren't very many claims around here but the Mines. I'm sure there is gold in the Gila and tributaries near it. But there are a few legends around and word of mouth stories passed down that I know of.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :hello: Your best choice - in my never humble opinion, would be a Prescott, Arizona made Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. My students and I have found pounds of nuggets and pickers with the LST. Good luck to you! :skullflag:

tesoros are made in prescott? can you get me a deal on a used sandshark? ( I want a used pi for beach vacations)

OP
OP
O

ooxdreddx

Greenie
Nov 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know that either and I wouldn't mind to hit the beach too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread