Looking for a Stagestop

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once stopped at a Stagestop that only had a sign. OLD STAGE STOP. Their was no ruins, just parking on the side of a mtn, the road was dirt but not rough. It's not the Stage stop on Senator hwy. It was W of 17, N of Bumblebee, E of the Bradshaw's. Anybody know where this was? I lost it..

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the right area where I thought I had been to it. But it didnt have any buildings left. And it was S of Cherry. Not Cleator or Turkey. The road also had a deep canyon with a flowing river in it. At the bottom was old horse coral, and a shelter cut into the bedrock. I know it isn't North of Cherry or Jerome..

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may also wish to consider your 'Stage Stop' on what was called the 'Prescott to Pima Toll Road' that went through the area of Vickroy's Mill. (On maps of the day-1876- it was spelled Vickroyes Mill.) That route more closely followed today's route 69.
Don..

craig82

Jan 22, 2018
az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may also wish to consider your 'Stage Stop' on what was called the 'Prescott to Pima Toll Road' that went through the area of Vickroy's Mill. (On maps of the day-1876- it was spelled Vickroyes Mill.) That route more closely followed today's route 69.
Don..

The flowing river he mentioned had to be the Aqua Fria then.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did revisit the area searching about 6 yrs ago. I thought it was off Orme rd, but soon realized it wasn't the road. I'm baffled, as to where It is. Questioning my memory, trying to believe i didnt imagine it. But it's not the first time. It took 10 years for me to relocate a hidden mine I had uncovered. Thanks to google earth. I'll check the Aqua fria, and see if I can spot the road, thanks.

BoydBros

Jul 28, 2019
Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab GoldMonster 1000
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any luck locating this stage stop?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any luck locating this stage stop?

No not yet. It has to be sw of 69, but not Senator hwy. I am surprised I cant find it, I'm still planning on a return vacation. I might go drive the area again..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread