Mysteries in the Mountains

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Here's a map I found in searching old newspapers....hope it helps...
Annmarie

Attachments

• Arivaca 3b.jpg
    Arivaca 3b.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 2,743
  • Arivaca 3c.jpg
    Arivaca 3c.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 2,470
  • Arivaca 3d.jpg
    Arivaca 3d.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 2,417

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......
Ron and Ann: Thanks for the maps, they are interesting and sure help me with research. I live next to some of the circles.....!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You are quite welcomed...glad I could be of help!!

If you want the bigger file (as I have to downsize due to limitations on posting pics here)...PM an email and I will email a bigger map.

Have FUN!!!!
Annmarie

lessthanzero said:
Ron and Ann: Thanks for the maps, they are interesting and sure help me with research. I live next to some of the circles.....!!

PS: which circle? ;D ;D Just kidding....there are so many of them LOL

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Ron& An:
I was looking for info on the area of the geodes. Is that on the map in one of the circles?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
elkman13 said:
Ron& An:
I was looking for info on the area of the geodes. Is that on the map in one of the circles?

Elkman....I really couldn't say. I just research the old newspapers on things folks are looking for and if I get lucky (as I did with this map I posted)...I try to pass it on...I'll see if I can find anything in the newspapers and post...k?

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
That old map is quite large.

26"X38" and lists seventy two locations.

At one time it was exclusively distributed by Many Feather's Trading Post, in Wickenburg Az.

It was a Copyright, 1969 , by Lee Hammons.

Maybe that will help you a bit in your research.

Bob T.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I have been to and around The Arivaca Area lots of times.
My last trip down there ,
I was south, right, on the border, camping in "Fresnal Canyon", near the water tank ( a damed up gulley where water collects)
Where there's a Spanish mine and a modern gold mine (abandon)
I have also camped at Arivaca Lake, that's southeast of town, about 15 miles
And!
I have been into the mnts on that side, the westside, of Tumacacori/Atacosa Mnts!
And!
Up into the Twin Peaks area ! East of town above the Lake!
What are you looking for ?
The Canyon that has Silver Nuggets laying around? ;)
There's a gentleman in town who knows where it is and goes out and collects bucketsful of them!
Doc & I will be going into the area that's Southeast of town, 'bout 15 miles SE !
Looking for a lost Spanish Mine/Mission! :o
In the Pajarita Wilderness area!
It was found and then relost :'( back in 1947 or so!
The "Finder" disappeared and was never found (By his partner and the Sherriff's Posse) :o
Could be "The CURSE!" :( of the Old Padres at work!
BUT!
If you need a hand ,drop us'ns a note/PM/reply/email/etc !! !
We'll be in the area for months ..
Just look for the Yellow Jeep Wagoneer a'pull'n the small trailer!
With a large dog! looking out the Jeep window! :D

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
captbil
Don’t believe in falling rocks and walking through a arch add disappearing but I was not sure there are geodes in that area? Are you still at Yahoo??

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
gnewt
I see a article in the local paper about drug smugglers in the Pipe Cactus Monument area. The university is stopping funding of research because of safety concern. Not sure of that location. This was my problem E of Douglas. You better be on the look out or your truck will be in Mexico and a bad ending if your lucky enough to be left standing. I was hoping to go with a couple other people to be safer now days. Bad when it comes to this!! :(

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
elkman13 said:
gnewt
I see a article in the local paper about drug smugglers in the Pipe Cactus Monument area. The university is stopping funding of research because of safety concern. Not sure of that location. This was my problem E of Douglas. You better be on the look out or your truck will be in Mexico and a bad ending if your lucky enough to be left standing. I was hoping to go with a couple other people to be safer now days. Bad when it comes to this!! :(
I am not a loner and like a lot of you guys it pays to team up with the hog leg toters, like myself in an area near the border. After being in a few wars you get spooked easy. Having a good dog is smart, you have some protection and a good alarm system plus a friend, but don't risk him or her..

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005
CptBil,

If you make it and you need someone to camp sit while you are out doing your thing I can likely volunteer a day or two here and there depending on my work schedule. It won't take me long to get down from Tucson.

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
AzExplorer

We'd love to have ya...the trip Cptbil snd I are planning is within spitting distance of the Mexican border.we can watch them come across the border....So PM Cptbil....and thanks

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
DOCC77 said:
AzExplorer

We'd love to have ya...the trip Cptbil snd I are planning is within spitting distance of the Mexican border.we can watch them come across the border....So PM Cptbil....and thanks
Doc,AZ,CptBil, When I am prepared for my excursion, I hope Apr. I would like to camp near or around where you people are. I have to get a couple of more items to be equipt. I miss my truck since I sold it but I am going for 4wd. I have just about every thing I need to find treasure/gold. Since I am a ham, I will have my SSB and can talk anywhere.
I may have to cut my trip short because I have a Dr. appt 9th of Oct. thats only 9 months from now.(for a Check up)
What trouble will I have with a 7mm carbine with a 30 round clip or a side arm? I like a revolver because it doesn't throw those shells out. I doubt you need them further north so I can play that by ear, you folks know what to expect and keep me posted. I really don't care about toting a hog leg but sometimes theres two legged animals out there.G'Day

AzExplorer

Feb 22, 2005
Code:
What trouble will I have with a 7mm carbine with a 30 round clip or a side arm?

Whatever you bring just be safe with it, having some structured training is not a bad idea either. Az is fairly liberal when it comes to gun laws if you have any specific questions send me a PM.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
AzExplorer said:
Code:
What trouble will I have with a 7mm carbine with a 30 round clip or a side arm?

Whatever you bring just be safe with it, having some structured training is not a bad idea either. Az is fairly liberal when it comes to gun laws if you have any specific questions send me a PM.
I am jesting, Don't ever take me serious and I will obey the gun laws, always have. I sure wouldn't lug junk around if there is no danger, but if there is I will have that baby handy if it is legal. If self protection is against the law(liberal) then its accident or booby trap time.
I think I had a little structured training USMC 44 USAF 48 StrikeForce( Alpha)55 (w/101 Airborne)Hq USAF Special Activities57 Air War College USAF 1960 USAF Combat Control66 Presidential Comm USAF68 (retired 71)
By the way I looked at the equipment the combat controllers get now on their web site and every thing but carbines,M14,AR16,mod 12 shotgun,1911 45auto or 38S&W rev. you had to steal. We had a choice of two weapons and our holster was made to our personal specs or we could get an issue.
These modern weapons and equipment is awesome. Just think, the drug runners got the money and can get a lot of that stuff off the shelf .

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
ELKMAN:
You mean! ::)

That you'll don't believe in "The Arch ! of Disappearing People? " :o
Come along and we'll let you go thru it !!! :P

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
capbil
Glad to do it. Maybe it will get me away from Brittany and George. ;D

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Elkman:
As you know, The Arch DOES EXSIST ! :-\

Gnewt:
As far as Arizona being VERY! Liberal on guns laws...
I have a friend in Tucson who owns and shoots a Swedish semi auto, 5 shot magazine
20 mm Anti Tank gun! ::)
AND!
This "Dude" (The Gun!) shoots a Belted Magnum blue tracer bullet
The gun is about six feet long and has a muzzle brake similar to,
what is used on the US 90mm & 120 mm tank guns!
I fired it in the prone, and it pushed me back about 12" ! :-\
Lucky, that it has a telescoping stock ,to absorb some of the recoil!
The muzzle came up, off it's bipod, and twisted to the right, about one foot!
I hit a large boulder, about 500 yds away
The bullet was 12.5 inches in! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread