Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mysteries in the Mountains

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2003
    10 times

Mysteries in the Mountains

Anyone in AZ ever hear or go to the area around Arivaca in this story?

Apr 2006
    1 times

Re: Mysteries in the Mountains

Story here.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/cu...tent?oid=47018

I'd like to find a more precise location, Carreta Canyon is pretty close to where I'm at.

us
    Annmarie, better half of RonandAnn ;)

Jun 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Garrett Ace 250
    40 times

Here's a map I found in searching old newspapers....hope it helps...
    Annmarie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arivaca 3b.jpg 
Views:	2580 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	175506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arivaca 3c.jpg 
Views:	2342 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	175507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arivaca 3d.jpg 
Views:	2294 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	175508  
    Illustrator Draftsman Second Class, Enlisted Surface Warfare, U.S. Navy (Retired), Mom of 3, Troop 65 Committee Member, Genealogist 35+ yrs

us
    Still in Basic Training

Aug 2007
    Southern AZ
    Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......

Ron and Ann: Thanks for the maps, they are interesting and sure help me with research. I live next to some of the circles.....!!

us

Jun 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Garrett Ace 250
    40 times

You are quite welcomed...glad I could be of help!!

If you want the bigger file (as I have to downsize due to limitations on posting pics here)...PM an email and I will email a bigger map.

Have FUN!!!!
    Annmarie

Quote Originally Posted by lessthanzero
    Ron and Ann: Thanks for the maps, they are interesting and sure help me with research. I live next to some of the circles.....!!
    PS: which circle? Just kidding....there are so many of them LOL
    Illustrator Draftsman Second Class, Enlisted Surface Warfare, U.S. Navy (Retired), Mom of 3, Troop 65 Committee Member, Genealogist 35+ yrs

Aug 2003
    10 times

Ron& An:
    I was looking for info on the area of the geodes. Is that on the map in one of the circles?

us

Jun 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Garrett Ace 250
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by elkman13
    Ron& An:
    I was looking for info on the area of the geodes. Is that on the map in one of the circles?
    Elkman....I really couldn't say. I just research the old newspapers on things folks are looking for and if I get lucky (as I did with this map I posted)...I try to pass it on...I'll see if I can find anything in the newspapers and post...k?

May 2005
    3 times

That old map is quite large.

26"X38" and lists seventy two locations.

At one time it was exclusively distributed by Many Feather's Trading Post, in Wickenburg Az.

It was a Copyright, 1969 , by Lee Hammons.

Maybe that will help you a bit in your research.

Bob T.

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    51 times

I have been to and around The Arivaca Area lots of times.
    My last trip down there ,
    I was south, right, on the border, camping in "Fresnal Canyon", near the water tank ( a damed up gulley where water collects)
    Where there's a Spanish mine and a modern gold mine (abandon)
    I have also camped at Arivaca Lake, that's southeast of town, about 15 miles
    And!
    I have been into the mnts on that side, the westside, of Tumacacori/Atacosa Mnts!
    And!
    Up into the Twin Peaks area ! East of town above the Lake!
    What are you looking for ?
    The Canyon that has Silver Nuggets laying around?
    There's a gentleman in town who knows where it is and goes out and collects bucketsful of them!
    Doc & I will be going into the area that's Southeast of town, 'bout 15 miles SE !
    Looking for a lost Spanish Mine/Mission!
    In the Pajarita Wilderness area!
    It was found and then relost back in 1947 or so!
    The "Finder" disappeared and was never found (By his partner and the Sherriff's Posse)
    Could be "The CURSE!" of the Old Padres at work!
    BUT!
    If you need a hand ,drop us'ns a note/PM/reply/email/etc !! !
    We'll be in the area for months ..
    Just look for the Yellow Jeep Wagoneer a'pull'n the small trailer!
    With a large dog! looking out the Jeep window!
    CptBil & Bugs

Aug 2003
    10 times

captbil
    Donít believe in falling rocks and walking through a arch add disappearing but I was not sure there are geodes in that area? Are you still at Yahoo??

Aug 2003
    10 times

gnewt
    I see a article in the local paper about drug smugglers in the Pipe Cactus Monument area. The university is stopping funding of research because of safety concern. Not sure of that location. This was my problem E of Douglas. You better be on the look out or your truck will be in Mexico and a bad ending if your lucky enough to be left standing. I was hoping to go with a couple other people to be safer now days. Bad when it comes to this!!

GNewt

Jan 2008
    Tx/Al
    Spectrum XLT/ White
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by elkman13
    gnewt
    I see a article in the local paper about drug smugglers in the Pipe Cactus Monument area. The university is stopping funding of research because of safety concern. Not sure of that location. This was my problem E of Douglas. You better be on the look out or your truck will be in Mexico and a bad ending if your lucky enough to be left standing. I was hoping to go with a couple other people to be safer now days. Bad when it comes to this!!
    I am not a loner and like a lot of you guys it pays to team up with the hog leg toters, like myself in an area near the border. After being in a few wars you get spooked easy. Having a good dog is smart, you have some protection and a good alarm system plus a friend, but don't risk him or her..
    You cannot trust a friend, you can trust an enemy. Speed of dark, infinite. UFO time.

Feb 2005

CptBil,

If you make it and you need someone to camp sit while you are out doing your thing I can likely volunteer a day or two here and there depending on my work schedule. It won't take me long to get down from Tucson.

Jan 2007
    10 times

AzExplorer

We'd love to have ya...the trip Cptbil snd I are planning is within spitting distance of the Mexican border.we can watch them come across the border....So PM Cptbil....and thanks

GNewt

Jan 2008
    Tx/Al
    Spectrum XLT/ White
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by DOCC77
    AzExplorer

We'd love to have ya...the trip Cptbil snd I are planning is within spitting distance of the Mexican border.we can watch them come across the border....So PM Cptbil....and thanks
    Doc,AZ,CptBil, When I am prepared for my excursion, I hope Apr. I would like to camp near or around where you people are. I have to get a couple of more items to be equipt. I miss my truck since I sold it but I am going for 4wd. I have just about every thing I need to find treasure/gold. Since I am a ham, I will have my SSB and can talk anywhere.
    I may have to cut my trip short because I have a Dr. appt 9th of Oct. thats only 9 months from now.(for a Check up)
    What trouble will I have with a 7mm carbine with a 30 round clip or a side arm? I like a revolver because it doesn't throw those shells out. I doubt you need them further north so I can play that by ear, you folks know what to expect and keep me posted. I really don't care about toting a hog leg but sometimes theres two legged animals out there.G'Day
    You cannot trust a friend, you can trust an enemy. Speed of dark, infinite. UFO time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links