Bradshaw/First water

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
This newbee is going to try to get in shape and get some wheels that will tote my ugly ole self around them hills looking and living. If I find anything good,fine if I don't, who cares.?
I want to know if this sounds a good choice of areas(Bradshaw Mtn/First Water) and would I need to get into any clubs. I would like to meet some of you and maybe get some info as to what the hazards are. I will contact the Rangers or what ever so I will know what my responsibility is. Since I am dumber than a wooden watch, yawl will have to hep me or run.
I sold my 2wd P/U and in the market for a 4wd.
I guess heat is another problem with ATVs. I need to find out which are not a problem.
I have been above the Arctic circle and in the Sahara Desert, so I will complain about the weather there, so you can just ignore me. I gotta belly ache. newt

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the weather reports. A friend in Prescott informewd me that he was without power water, heat etc. They got a good deal of wet heavy snow, and it took out a bunch of powerlines & phone lines.

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
boogeyman said:
Check the weather reports. A friend in Prescott informewd me that he was without power water, heat etc. They got a good deal of wet heavy snow, and it took out a bunch of powerlines & phone lines.
Hi Boogyman, You are right, it would be dumb to play in the wet snow. My plans are to replace my p/u 2wd I sold with a 4wd. April is what I am thinking, so I will keep posted on the weather. Being retired and retarded both, sort of keeps me playing by ear, no nailed down schedules. It is good to hear first hand from you on whats happening there.
I look forward to meeting with some folks there camping near so we can have some beans and bacon and tell jokes without forgetting the punch line. G'Day , Newt

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I am going to try a make it, April-Oct is my schedule. Newt

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gnewt,

No such thing as retarded in my book! Some of us just started learning later than others. If you keep up with this site, there is a wealth of information available from a lot of great people here.

Read, ask questions & explore!

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Boogyman, You got that right, this is a wonderful place to learn and chat with some smart people.
The women folks on here are super intelligent and from what I have seen of their finds, can swing that MD with the best of them. OK, that's all the credit.
I am going to alter my hunt out there and start Northwest Arizona and kinda follow my nose. April- Oct I hope. I need another MD, My Daughter does most of the swinging any way, and she is ready to find that jackpot. She already has her bug out bag (backpack) ready to go.
Hope to meet up with pros out there and do some camp sitting and prospecting or th'ing.
We did some prospecting in Al around the pre 49 gold mines, I think they shut down the last mine in 1987 or 88. Most of the miners left when the 49 rush started.
My daughter is "Snow Dragon" and I am "Rain Crow", the bird that is heard but never seen, what ever that means. I don't use that name on here because I think it means the Bird that bores everybody. Gnewt.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
gnewt:
I kind of doubt that you'll "run across"! us...! ::)
As we don't camp where it's accessable by the average person !
If it's close to civilization, it's probably been gone (MD'd) over 100's of times!
So!
We head in for the remotest areas! :P
We've been known to rebuild an old trail/road to get in ! :o

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
CptBil, I didn't plan on going into a place that wasn't remote. That is why we have tents and getting ATVs. From there we will probably be in area that we need to walk from the camp site to find anything.

Just got in from a hunt, An old town that burned in 1908 and rebuilt two miles down the road. No one has hunted this area and got lots of beeps.
The ground was hard as rock and we got a few coins , they are soaking, and plan on going back after a hard rain or snow. Take a lot of digging, most of it is deep.

Sorry I wont be seeing you guys. I will change my plans and study some maps and old mines. Seems like every place is getting covered. If it gets too bad I may be looking toward Alaska. N.Ca. is probably getting crowded too.
You guys have a good hunt. GNewt

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Gnewt:
What I meant was,
Don't expect to find us in a camp that is close to civilization! :-\
We camp OFF! THE ROAD! ;)
To find us, you'll need to know where we are camped!
There are plenty of places that haven't been "Covered"!
I have been TH'ing/camping/Prospecting since '94
AND!
I can count on one hand the number of people I have met out there!
Now!
Please remember, :D
We are TREASURE HUNTERS First..
Prospectors Second
As far as ATVs are concerned, they don't/ won't go, where we go !
As I mentioned, we go as far in as we can, by 4x4
Then, set up a Base Camp.
Then, we walk! !
The canyons are too narrow,
the sides are too rocky,
The slopes are too steep! Etc..
Although, there is a place in teh Bradshaws that I think will have good PAY DIRT!
The creek has gold, lode mines & placer mines in the head of the canyon
Which drops off into some inaccessible country miles down stream!
BUT!
There is a way in, that's by coming around from the tail end of the canyon!
Which is in some pretty remote country!
But!
There is one old old road going in!

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
I hope so, right now it looks like April , I will call and find out if you guys need anything when I start in. I start my phys. therapy tomorrow, working out every day for a couple of months. I am too sorry to do it at home.
They have a well equipt outfit at the hosp and the VA pays so its cheap. Newt

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
gnewt:
I hope that we can make a contact this spring....

Attachments

• Drillcrew.jpg
    Drillcrew.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 710
  • Drillcrew.jpg
    Drillcrew.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 675
OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
CptBil&Bugs,
I never thought about it but that "swinging 75" that I built will do all the work with a dredge. It even swings and bounces with a strong wind. If it is adjusted it will do the same job you can do with a pan, except more. I gotta get me a dredge.
I want to be there bad..............Gnewt

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
gnewt:
Have you ever seen or heard of a (Vibrating) "Dustless Dry Washer?"
I aquired the plans for one a couple of yrs back, but I haven't gotten around to
Building it yet !
Did you sent me your Phone # yet ?

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
The two sluices I built are red oak, the MD coil is removable, mounts on dowels.
I already had the 12v motor for the vibrator, all I needed was the eccentric weight that produces the vibrations for the dry stuff. I left the dang thing at my place in AL. No problem though every thing else is here in a warehouse. I can get the rest of it built at the helicopter Mfg. plant. Got access to their mach shop, and it is super equipt.
My next project is going to be a super quiet dredge, lite wt 2" that will get get to the pan. The pick up nozzle is going to be the key to my plan. I never used one , but I know what it needs to do for me. I would like to have a two way control so I could gently blow away the mud then pick up that yellow stuff, if there is a lot of silt.
That will require some real control over what goes on at the foot.
I don't care about looking at someone else's, I know what I want mine to do. Gnewt

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
gnewt:
Your reply "I don't care about looking at someone else's" !
I hope that, that doesn't indicate, that you're of these people who have a "Closed Mind" ?
Quite Frankly,
I have known/worked with, ONE TOO Many of them! :-\

OP
OP
gnewt

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Not one track mind, a shutter brain. When I get into the mad scientist mode I go first with what I want something to do. If it fails, I compare. I want to make a pickup head with control and a quiet muffler system. The suction and discharge will be off the shelf. Something else I have worked with is a fiber optic light and camera pick up, see what is going on down there before turn on. First one I built was put down a dogs throat to look at his stomach, big German Shepard. The Dr Wanted it and so I gave it to him and Ampex gave him the camera, he was a great man. (1972)
Tell me what you think and what do you want it to do. I know one thing, the LED lights now are not the heat problem I had, they are great. The Digital Cameras don't cost 6 or
8000 dollars either. That was a cheap color TV camera back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread