Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sierra Estrella Mtn....Old Rock House,Spanish Mine?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2006
    AZ
    Polygragh and if needed sodium P
    21 times

Re: Sierra Estrella Mtn....Old Rock House,Spanish Mine?

Quote Originally Posted by hooch
    Yea but all the good stuff is on the other side of the mountain, the res side.
    How right you are Hooch

us
    Feb 2008
    Apache Junction, AZ
    MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Havnt traveled that two track in a couple years........ was lightly traveled and no one around then either!! (Res Side)
    Define "Good Stuff" ?? Buried Gold !!!! Lost mine !!!! other then those two stories the same minerals and quartz veins can be found running from one side to the other.

I think MesaBuddy has "something" he's just dieing to tell someone about...........LOL.........he's hinted at it twice now!!!!!!!!!! GO ahead...SPILL IT MB,,,,,,,or not
    "THE GOLDEN RULE" 
    ...The one with the most gold makes all the rules...

us
    Feb 2006
    AZ
    Polygragh and if needed sodium P
    21 times

Quote Originally Posted by T.Parker
    Havnt traveled that two track in a couple years........ was lightly traveled and no one around then either!! (Res Side)
    Define "Good Stuff" ?? Buried Gold !!!! Lost mine !!!! other then those two stories the same minerals and quartz veins can be found running from one side to the other.

I think MesaBuddy has "something" he's just dieing to tell someone about...........LOL.........he's hinted at it twice now!!!!!!!!!! GO ahead...SPILL IT MB,,,,,,,or not
    Hey there T. Parker ,
    When it cools off , perhaps we'll get together and do an adventure or 2

us
    Feb 2008
    Apache Junction, AZ
    MXT 300 / Javelina Gold Trommel
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by MesaBuddy
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Parker

Hey there T. Parker ,
    When it cools off , perhaps we'll get together and do an adventure or 2
    Sounds good..............Im done with this HEAT for the year, ready for some cooler days so i can camp and explore.
    "THE GOLDEN RULE" 
    ...The one with the most gold makes all the rules...

us
    Feb 2010

want to start by saying I am not a treasure hunter, I don't even own a metal detector. What was once a secret only known by a small group of individuals is now becoming something of common knowledge. The Old Stone house and mine site in the Sierra Estrellas is even an entry on a popular AZ hiking site now! I am trying to learn the backstory of the mine and continue with the research that John Arthur Deal started with his "Brazil" website. Information is sparse and accounts vary. I have been pursuing a great number of angles and an incredible number of sources to which most yield little information beyond what Arthur Deal himself already found. My interest is in eventually creating a website to document the complete history of the mine and a background of the Estrellas, and in preserving the site in it's present condition. If Arthur deal is correct which from my research I would think so, the stone house is the third oldest (known) Spanish structure in Arizona.

But I need help! I know over the years many have visted this site including treasure hunters. Pictures are sparse as are first hand accounts of the condition of the site. I am also pursuing the John D. Mitchell legend and whether it holds any water. Finding Don Joanquin Campoy (if he existed) will likely take access to the archives in Mexico and Spain, a search that will be a ways a away. But if I can find the cave reported by Mitchell near Montezuma's head that would be a significant step. I am also trying to record information about activity and the original conditon of the mine. From pictures to first hand accounts anything would be valuable especially anything before the 50's when it seems most of the artifacts were removed and some damage was done.

Of course all sources will be kept anonymous unless specified otherwise by you. And I would be happy to share any information I have with you. From the original work by the spainards to Milton F. Rose's discovery and apparent work done in the 50's or 60's it is clear that little to no wealth remains but that of historical significance. I know there are people out there that have been here. Please help preserve the historical record for all of us, and perhaps shed some light on the John D. Mitchell legend in the process. It is a very interesting story and one that deserves to be told!

Happy Hunting!
    Matt Brady
    Matt.Brady2@gmail.com

us
    Executive Director of Nothing

May 2014
    Not in the can
    Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
    697 times
    Does anyone have a coordinate for the stone map, as shown on John Arthur Deal's Brazil site? Also, does anyone know if John Arthur Deal is still among us, or any contact info? As far as John D. Mitchell's writings about this site, it is my opion that it was designed to sell books, as most are. The little Mexican kid, the old cheif, all HOOEY. I believe however, that the Pima Indians did cover any mines in the area when they killed the miners. Afterall, the miners went to a lot of trouble to build the cabin and dig a well. There WAS a very rich mine there but good luck finding it. It would take more than a weekend. I have a cabin there I'll rent you.
    Last edited by Holyground; Oct 09, 2018 at 05:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links