arivaca

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
BLACKFOOT said:
I need to know if anyone has a map or knows where Jacqui canyon or gulch is down in the Arivaca area

Blackfoot

Just checked all the old books and maps of AZ I still have, no mention of it at all i'm afraid :(

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
I vaguely remember something about it ?
If I am right ?
It is near a ranch (later abandon) that was run by two bothers?
Thier ranch was by a nice sized spring .....
The canyon ran north to south, into Mexico ?
Any help ???

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
Maybe I was shown a fist sized nugget that still had quartz on it was told it came from that canyon.
I was up at Congress when iwas shown it.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
I forgot to mention, :tongue3:
"Doc" & I are going to be in this area
Sometime during our trip :thumbsup:
"We " will just southeast of the "Ranch/canyon"
There's a site down there, that I have wanted to check out

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
Yaqui Canyon:

Latitude: 31.33472
Longitude: -110.29583

Disclaimer: This is the ONLY Yaqui Canyon I could find in Arizona.

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
Thanks!

I was down in that area looking for it . When I was told by the Game Warden that I was under armed to be in that area.
Only time in my life I had ever been told that.

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
Been there Blackfoot!

Three of us down in the area between Nogales and Sasabe for 4 days and three nights. this past Feb.

MD'n armed was quite an experience for sure.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
Blackfoot -- Wizzard
That's somethhing "Doc" & "I" will never be accused of ! :thumbsup:
We normally have several Large! bore hand guns.... a couple of shotguns
And, A! Couple of Big bore rifles
FOR!
EACH of us! :tongue3:

wadewebb

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2009
ive live and prospect this area for 15 years and this is the first ive resistered in but it sounds like you alldont do much in the great out doors much,this and outher sites ive visited,everybodies cryn about big kittys,snakes,needing big old guns,sounds like a bunch of hype to me,i would like to do some exploring ,or finding,, the dam cat will avoid you you be lucky to catch a fleeting glims of one and if your so none aware of whats going on to get snake bit stay home,the cost of this hoby is what you want to spend,or what comforts you want to give up,most of the time i carry agun but never needed it still a grate deturant to trouble,as for listening or beliving anything a warden says,you should think twice,exspeachaly about mining and prospecting laws thay will misrepsent and plane old lie..if you want to have a good adventure look me up,my name is [email protected] anytime wade.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
ED:
"Yacqui Canyon "
It could be that,
The Name, is "Local" :icon_study:

Reply to Post #11
Quote: "Most of the time the I carry a gun, but, never needed it"

Reply:
"I carry TWO! spare Tires !" :thumbsup:
AND! I've Never needed them! :tongue3:
But!!
I'll NEVER! leave them behind! :-\

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
wadeweb the warden told me i was under armed because i only hhad a semi auto .22 pistol. he said the dopers in that area were armed with full autos. the next week a law patrol and some dopers had a gunfight using full autos i moved my gold hunting to a different area.
i have had to use my pistol to scare off a mountain lion that i walked up on while it was feeding it was using its claws to shred the deer, i think it had no teeth.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
Wadeweb
From your "reply" !
"I", Quote, "it sounds like you all don't do much in the great outdoors much" ! Unquote!
Well,
In very recent years, I have spent 14 months, straight
Camping/prospecting/TH'ing, w/my dog, living/camping beside my Jeep!
Yes!
You read that Right!
14 SOLID! Months !
Do you know of anyone who can "TRUTHLY", say, and! did that ?
This coming trip, (this year) is planned to be as long or LONGER!

Attachments

• Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    Jeep & Roads 1.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 494

Buck

Jun 30, 2003
arizona
Hello Blackfoot. next time that you want to go to arivaca and want company. Feel free to call me. I have been there before. Buck

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
This area is interesting to me. I have heard that you don't want to go there in the summer months, since it is hot as hell, and it is very remote, which is good in my opinion, you don't want to metal detect on top of where someone else has already been. I have a map that shows the location of some ancient mines, and various placers in that region. I haven't ever been down in that particular area. Some of you are talking about having weapons, and I wonder what the laws are regarding this for BLM land, etc. I am relatively new to metal detecting, but I have learned a lot fast, by searching the internet for different tips, experimenting with my detector to see how to tell what I have, etc. From what I have read it seems that Gold and Silver are not the only things you should look for, there are also other metals, and meteorites! I am planning on taking some vacation time in the last week of July, but I have not decided yet where I am going to go, I'm still researching different areas. I have a very high heat tolerance, but still, I think that I will see what the weather is like around that time to decide which area I will go to. Personally I don't like doing a lot of climbing and all that because you waste time you could be actually metal detecting and also wear yourself out. Right now I am considering Bradshaw Mountains area, Payson area, and maybe if the weather is not to hot, something down in the aforementioned area.

wadewebb

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2009
down neer ft hucuca,seira vista thares a ridge trajl and cyn thares allso a old yaqui smuggeling trail neer bear vally ranch thats 300 or more years old ,,wadewebb

wadewebb

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2009
ya BLACKFOOT,ITS IN THE CORANADO MONUMENT NEER SEIRRA VISTA,,,,,,,WADEWEBB PS. SORRY FOR BN SLOW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread