Yuma Area

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Sounds like a bunch of shifty people shifting over to Yuma making reports of illegals so we can have a reason to arm ourselves. I don't need a reason to get up in the morning or arm myself. I have been heavily armed sense some of you were children.

Go ahead and carry protection, but leave your paranoia and the door when you leave home or stay home. I'm more afraid of your talk of paranoia then I am of what you say is out to get us.

The British are coming...OOOppss... the illegal are comin' the illegals are comin'. Let them come. The wetbacks have been crossing the border sense my parents were born eighty some years ago. Get a life. Get a hobby. Get a gun. Take a self protection course. ACT NATURE.

ESC

Oct 12, 2006
Arizona
Wow. I never met any "part time" special forces people.

Arizona has an open carry law that allow anyone (including Texans) to carrry LEGAL weapons, in plain sight.

Learn the laws where you intend to carry.

TheHarleyMan2 said:
So let me get this straight, plus I have a question. If I come to Arizona and MD close or somewhere near the border, lets say 20-30 miles from it. I need to bring my AR-15 Shorty, maybe my .45, (5) 30 round mags for the AR and lets see at least (7) mags of .45's and my MD. Just kidding, but I don't think I would bring my AR.

Ok lets say someone starts shooting and I shoot back, ALL OK, self defense. I am not worried because I am in Special Forces Part Time and I can defend myself.

Now lets just say everything is calm and I am MD and a local, or federal law dog approaches me. Of course I am sure he will question about me being from Texas, MDing and carrying a handgun with me, Even if JUST a HANDGUN. What do you think will happen when I get approached? I have my idea of what might and will happen which will be as I had this happen to me and this is MY EXPERIENCE of what happened while MDing:
1. With Law Dogs GUN DRAWN, States: Put the MD down, Raise your right hand and with your left hand, (because my handgun is holstered on my right side), slowly reach and unholster your handgun using only 2 fingers and put the weapon down on the ground, slowly, step back away from the weapon and raise both hands, turn around and put your hands behind your head interlocking your fingers, get down on your knees and cross your feet!
2. What are you doing here, (as he is searching you)
3. Handcuffs you, (for YOUR safety he says)
4. Takes out your wallet to get your drivers license and runs a check on you and ALSO asks you if you HAVE a handgun permit.
5. After finding out you have "NO WARRANTS" and "NO HANDGUN PERMIT"
6. Takes ALL your weapons, and unloads them, takes your guns and ammo and puts it in his vehicle.
7 Then he proceeds to tell you that your gun is being confiscated and you are being placed under arrest for "UNLAWFULL CARRY of a FIREARM!
8. While you are being placed in HIS PATROL CAR, he searches YOUR VEHICLE, If it happens to be close by, if NOT I am sure he will ASK you WHERE it is so he can bring you to it so he can search it.
9. Finds nothing else in your car, maybe some more ammo, maybe.
10. As he calls dispatch to HAVE YOUR vehicle TOWED, he waits for another LAW DOG to come as back-up, if one isn't there by now, one of them will inventory YOUR contents in the vehicle, While waiting for the tow truck driver to show up, (if one shows up at all), while the ARRESTING LAW DOG, brings you to the BIG HOUSE to get your pics taken and get aquinted with other cell mates.
11. If you GET LUCKY, maybe they will just HOLD onto YOUR GUNS until you head out of town, (But I DOUBT IT), especially if they ARE NICE GUNS and YOU are from OUT of STATE.
12. Either end up spending a few days in jail, just depends if they arrest you on the weekend or not, see a judge on Monday, once they find out you are from OUT of TOWN or STATE, they will EXPLAIN THIER LAW to you, then you can EXPECT to have FAMILY MEMBERS back home to WIRE you A LOT of money to BAIL you OUT because you are NOT from around there, and MOST STATES, DON'T LIKE OUT OF STATERS treading thier territory, especially carrying firearms.
11. You may have to PLEA BARGAN on a lesser charge and fine and HAVE YOU FOREFIET YOUR GUN or GUNS.

My advice to anyone, as I HAD this EXPERIENCE carrying a HANDGUN in ANOTHER state, (while MDing), WITHOUT a HANDGUN PERMIT, cost me a weekend in jail, vehicle impounded, ($275.00 to get it out), forced to forefiet my handgun for a lesser charge, $1,500.00 fine, and because I THOUGHT I was right to have the HANDGUN for SELF DEFENSE and SAFETY REASONS, (as I explained to the LAW DOG PRIOR to HIM ARRESTING ME, and to the JUDGE when I saw him), hired an attorney, ANOTHER $1,000.00. Total weekend cost to MD carrying a handgun. 3 days of wasted time sitting in a jail cell. almost $2,900.00 including fines, attorney, tow truck, taxi fare to get my truck out of impound, a hotel room far away from that county to get a hotel room, clean bed and a shower. Not including the expense going to and from place to MD prior to me being arrested. Even though I am also self employed, I WILL NEVER work in that state, EVER! I have promotors calling me all the time to come to thier events, I explain to them, if they held it in another state I would come, otherwise, I explain to them I don't need to make money and give these A$$WIPES in that state ANY TAX money from me on any sales I would make there!

My ADVICE, either DON'T CARRY ANY WEAPON WHAT SO EVER UNLESS it is a knife, or GO WITH SOMEONE in that state who knows the area and HAS a PERMIT to carry. Otherwise, you will spend more money than what you expect, lose your handgun, spend at least 1 day IN JAIL, pay for transportation to find the place that TOWED YOUR vehicle, and HAVE a GRUDGE about what had just happened to you and have YOUR WHOLE TRIP RUINED!

I know even though I AM IN THE SERVICE, he didn't care, nor did the judge. I know the borders are getting worse and if you are caught carrying ANY FIREARM and YOU ARE NOT HUNTING, by ANY LAW DOG, be prepared to be questioned AND detained. They know illegals are sneaking into the country and drug runners are also carrying firearms, so the LAW DOGS ARE PREPARED for ANYTHING and EVERYONE and IN NUMBERS TOO. So THIS IS something to think about if one is planning on MDing even close to ANY border, even if it is 100 miles from it.

ESC

Oct 12, 2006
Arizona
How about this:

You can venture into the desert armed with nothing but a snarky attitude and I'll continue to carry a firearm.

I guarantee you that my protection is better. :tongue3:

Seamuss said:
Sounds like a bunch of shifty people shifting over to Yuma making reports of illegals so we can have a reason to arm ourselves. I don't need a reason to get up in the morning or arm myself. I have been heavily armed sense some of you were children.

Go ahead and carry protection, but leave your paranoia and the door when you leave home or stay home. I'm more afraid of your talk of paranoia then I am of what you say is out to get us.

The British are coming...OOOppss... the illegal are comin' the illegals are comin'. Let them come. The wetbacks have been crossing the border sense my parents were born eighty some years ago. Get a life. Get a hobby. Get a gun. Take a self protection course. ACT NATURE.

FireCkrEd

Greenie
Nov 2, 2006
Harbor City California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck,

I ran across this today and remembered your post....

South West Treasure Hunters Club
13592 E. 46th Drive
Yuma, Arizona 85367

I found it on this site....

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/AZ-Treasures.html

Have a great time in Yuma. My 77yr old Mother winters there. She has a place in the foothills and loves it. Lots to do and loads of SnowBirds. She's never at a loss for things to do.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread