Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 + PROformance coil/ Vibra-probe 580 / Waitin' for enough finds to finance an AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Smith here. Been lurking mostly for the past year. I just got an Ace 250 and have only hunted a couple of places here in the Ft. Smith area with it. Riverfront Park can be hunted and it's across from Miss Laura's old brothel. It's good for a few rings and coins from time to time as it's usually packed around the 4th of July.

Creekmoore Park is trashy, but good for a few clad coins. I picked a nice 14k ring up from an old school playground on the Southside of town too about a year ago.

If anyone is in the Fort Smith area and wants to hook up to search a site I'm game... once the frozen tundra temps move back to the North! ;-)

My goal is to make enough with the 250 so that I can upgrade to an AT pro in the future. I'd like to have that VDI number to help me avoid digging bottle caps/nails, etc. and the ability to submerge it would be really handy should I head to the beaches of Florida for spring breaks and in the local lakes.

Best regards!

OP
OP
Pudsbrat

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rooster I use an Ace 250 too.....not a bad machine....but I think the AT Pro is a better machine....maybe one day I will get me one too.....Are all the parks in Ft Smith open to detecting or just some?????.....I have a friend of mine that live on 35th Street and I get up that way from time to time......might have to holler at you next time I am up there.....see ya later......

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 + PROformance coil/ Vibra-probe 580 / Waitin' for enough finds to finance an AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pudsbrat said:
Hey Rooster I use an Ace 250 too.....not a bad machine....but I think the AT Pro is a better machine....maybe one day I will get me one too.....Are all the parks in Ft Smith open to detecting or just some?????.....I have a friend of mine that live on 35th Street and I get up that way from time to time......might have to holler at you next time I am up there.....see ya later......

City parks are open to hunting, so long as one fills the holes back in properly. I was really suprised about the Riverfront park. It's right between the national historic site (judge parkers court house area) and Miss Laura's! It's been good for modern coinage and a few rings.

I hit the school yards on the weekends or in the summertime.

I'm at the point now, where I want to start asking permission to hunt private property. Never done it and I just know there's old silver coins waiting to be found on many of the private homes and sites around here.

Happy Hunting! -Rooster

wiimii

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2010
Hello from Phillips County. Live in river bottoms here been to wet and cold to get out for some time now. Grounds gotta dry out some.

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wiimii said:
Hello from Phillips County. Live in river bottoms here been to wet and cold to get out for some time now. Grounds gotta dry out some.

I hear ya. I've had all the snow and cold I can stand. I'm itching to get out and dig.

If the winters keep this up, I may have to move to Florida ;-)

wiimii

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2010
I moved here from the Dallas area 4 years ago. Talked to my friend there and he can not believe the snow he got. He spent Friday on a front end loader. Sure glad I moved.

OP
OP
Pudsbrat

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey wiimii...where do you live.....I live in Mena.....good to see another Arkie on here.....lots of Arkies are out there but they dont know about treasurenet or all of this ....see ya later :icon_thumright:

Prospector1

Feb 19, 2007
I am also an Arkie and new to MDing AND TN!! Live in thw NW corner of the state and looking to find someone to go with and somewhere to go!! ANY ideas would be helpfull!!

Rooster Cogburn

Jan 19, 2009
Fort Smith Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Prospector. Fort Smith here. Right now, I'm just looking forward to WARM weather and the thaw so I can start swinging the coil ;-)

OP
OP
Pudsbrat

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if you are looking for someone to go hunt with I can give you a name...John Wammack....lives in Bentonville.....dont have a phone # but he might be in the book up there.....good guy....garrett dealer and coin collector.....been hunting a long time....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions