Russellville, Arkansas - Need Sites to metal detect - Any Requests?

INDIANMANIAC

Jan 28, 2007
My name is Josh, I live in Russellville, Arkansas and I like to metal detect for a hobby. I am needing information on any history of this area that could be provided or even a site you may think is worth trying out. Willing to accompany fellow hunter on searches. Willing to dig homeplaces, and if necessary will refill holes. Also anything of major value I will split with the property owner 50/50. Any Takers?

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
Josh, go to the beaches fer sur. AJ

The beaches can be a god-send if you are persistent. If you're lucky, you can pay for your equipment several times over in just one summer.

Buy a good scoop with a 3-4 ft handle and get in the water, being careful not to flood your electronics.

The best thing about beach hunting is that they (the beaches) are a renewable resource, as long as women wear their trinkets and college kids grab-azz around the water.

Have much fun. <><

aj

jivey1ark

Sep 26, 2007
Altus, AR
Detector(s) used
White's Prism II
Hey there,

I lived in Russellville from 1980 to 1988. A former boyfriend wore my class ring and lost it (he said). If you ever find a class ring from Altus-Denning High year 1972, It is mine!!! lol

Long shot I know, but you never know.

Carolyn

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
I'm Brian from Fort Smith. I'm New to this site but old to metal detecting (33 yrs.) Dad's fault. Thanks a lot for another expensive and addictive hobby. Duck Hunting, Fly Fishing, Rock Climbing/ Rapeling and metal detecting LOL . They all drive my wife crazy.Some never get it. I did catch something in your post that troubled me. You stated that you would " even cover holes if needed" . Don't take this wrong but, you need to cover every hole no matter where they are even the ones you dig in "Timbuktu" . It makes us all look bad and someone not looking where they are going could get hurt. also it wouldn't be to far of a stretch to make them look like you never dug there. I' ve never left a hole open. I do however have a problem with my dogs.They Know that they can't dig . But when they see me detecting my own yard, they come behind me and open all of my previous holes . Anyone else have that problem? Sorry this is sooo long. Mother used to say that i could carry on a conversation with a telephone. some days i think she was right. LOL

K

Kentucky Kache

INDIANMANIAC said:
My name is Josh, I live in Russellville, Arkansas and I like to metal detect for a hobby. I am needing information on any history of this area that could be provided or even a site you may think is worth trying out. Willing to accompany fellow hunter on searches. Willing to dig homeplaces, and if necessary will refill holes. Also anything of major value I will split with the property owner 50/50. Any Takers?

Still wondering if you've done anything with the info I sent you. :)

mattpenny

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im also from russellville and i wish i new some places to go to in my town thanks so much

OP
OP
I

INDIANMANIAC

Jan 28, 2007
I actually just sold a 10K Gold Ting I found at Shiloh Park in Russellville., It had the person's name, I even found them on Facebook. I asked them what year they graduated & they never replied, So I Sold It On Ebay...

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Russellville too. Just ordered my detector and should be on my doorstep in 3-5 days:) Would like to know where some of the old swimming spots were back in the early 1900's...Im sure some silver got lost... would be willing to partner up if anyone has info. Also, the now defunkt area that was Dwight Mission... lots of trading went on back in the day and the river crossing where the lock and dam now stands. Found a meteorite on the beach there 10 yrs ago:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread