OP

262jp

Dec 31, 2011
S. E. Okla
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been there but might try this winter after deer season. Just trying to find out if it is accessable. With all the deer leases nowadays it may be gated. Looks like a neat spot to detect!

Jul 3, 2014
Camden, Ar
Detector(s) used
Quick silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've looked on this subject and have thought of going myself! My grandfather said when he worked for the rail line that ran through the area he could walk through the woods a short way and find several concrete buildings! So now as the rail line has been taken up these empty trails and bridges could offer a way in without having the issue of running into gates. Write me back if any one goes.

7leafclover

Greenie
Apr 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA350,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in for this winter... I live close enough (30 miles away).

Jul 3, 2014
Camden, Ar
Detector(s) used
Quick silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look it up on google maps it will take you where it used to be and you can even see some concrete mill site foundations! Looks like fun! Talked to a few people who have been there and if you want to metal detect they say to try to find the dump for Graysonia even though no ones ever found it!

7leafclover

Greenie
Apr 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA350,
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some research earlier this year trying to find Grayson's house plot and wanted to go and MD there. I think I have pinpointed it on the map based on old photos, maybe...

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be in the Malvern Magnet Cove area collecting rock and minerals next month 11/4th or 5th returning 13-15th. Bringing my AT-Pro if you guys have any interest. Graysonia looks so cool a place. Did anyone see if there were access? I'd like to meet up.
Or any of you have rock mineral interest? Since retiring 3 years ago, I've dug some nice quartz in the Hot Springs/ Mt Ida mines. But the forestry service has shut down most mines with b/s recently. So we are gonna try south, for other shiny rocks.
If you can't meet, you may know someone that has property to search, that I can get permission while in the area. It's such a rich area for geology and history. Minerals and artifacts.
Ensure I am considerate of all property. And only a hobby. Not at all for resale in any way.
Thanks,Ray

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2014
Camden, Ar
Detector(s) used
Quick silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much of the land near the area is owned by foresty companies. I havent myself had time to see if the area is or isnt gated off. Also with deer season coming up most of the forestry companies lease the woods for hunting. I dont have much time durring the weeks or weekends with school and all but i still would love to go. Might try around the end of December. You still be around then?

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a pm when you know what day's could work for you in Dec.
I'll at least do some scouting and inquiring when in the area in about 3 weeks.
Don't have any orange though to wear. LOL
Ray

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just FYI, there are much more ghost towns in AR than the Ghost Towns website shows. If you look in Amazon for "Family Maps of ____ County" (the blank is for the county you want to find a town in) it should pull up a series of books that show plat maps, old cemeteries, etc., by county and in some cases the old historical boundaries of towns. Remember too that towns dissolve, but cemeteries remain.

I've found some potentially great spots this way, and I just need to go and ask permission. One spot is down the road from my old house.

Gumbeaux

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350 w/ Piece of junk dollar store built pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a garrett 350 and live in the hot springs area. Im ready to head out and get some dirt on it!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a garrett 350 and live in the hot springs area. Im ready to head out and get some dirt on it!

Have you detected around Hot Springs any? I have hit a few private yards there. I don't have a problem heading down your way and knocking on doors. I live just north of the river.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rainy and dreary cold when I set out in November. Found some roads grown over, not passible without 4wd.
Returning for a week in April. If conditions are better, I'll head to Clark County again.
Anyone know any more?
Ray

Jul 3, 2014
Camden, Ar
Detector(s) used
Quick silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man sorry bout that. December got really busy and i completly forgot to message you that i was all booked! But i think im gonna head that way around spring break in march. Ill let you know if i find anything. Got a 4wd with mudders that should get me anywhere. Sorry bout that again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions