Hot springs detecting

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to the Hot Springs area in April and was wondering what area would be best to metal detect

Whittington Park and that whole area is very old. This entire area was where professional baseball did their Spring training, up a little past WWII. The problems are that I think that you can't metal detect in the park and a lot of the area is privately owned so you would have to door knock. There are a ton of older homes around the convention center and up from Oaklawn across the street. There is a newer park north of Whittington that is too new to have anything. By the gator farm there were practice baseball fields that are now either under asphalt or in the woods. Privately owned.

deadeye Sam

Oct 23, 2014
I would love to detect in Hot Springs there is a lot of woods but I imagine most of every thing is labeled Historical

Gumbeaux

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350 w/ Piece of junk dollar store built pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in hot springs. Ive got a few old houses. Ive got my eye on. My only down fall is i got a really crappy pin pointer. Everytime I dig. I have hell finding my target. If you guys are still around pm me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions