Burns Park & Relevant History

DogtownCache

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New here and this site has been very informative for finding Arkansas treasure tales, caches, evidence and history.

I would like to know if anyone has any experience or literature regarding to the Burns Park area. I’ve found a few interesting notes involving North Little Rock and the surrounding areas. There was a lead and silver mine 10 miles north of what was Argenta, which the name itself is derived from the Latin word, argentum, meaning silver. Jean LaFitte, Louis Bringier and others in the 1800’s reportedly operated a mine near what is now Burns Park not far from Crystal Hill.

Anyone who has searched near here or any finds in the Pulaski county area who are willing to share would be appreciated. Good luck on your searches 96E5BB73-ABAD-412A-BE3B-16C2E448EA5F.jpeg BC807C53-239E-4A06-B647-775287177C82.jpeg 30BAEFEA-4F4F-49C4-A908-69BF2DC46459.jpeg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search for some of tabdogs old posts,he hunted the parks in NLR and LR regularly and posted about them.Sadly he has passed on.Good luck in your hunting!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not relevent to this post but here goes anyway.Surely all the hunters in AR havn,t given up.No posts for a while here.I havn,t been able to get me a Tector as yet due to finances being at a low ebb but when I do I think i,ll try and post here about my doings.Give this guy a hand how about it.

OP
OP
D

DogtownCache

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked some old threads and with a detector some lots seem like a reasonable place to look. I think the real question is what do people want to spend their time looking for, hunting lots or searching for something more, like a kgc cache.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread