Does anyone know the name of that book?

IzArt

Nov 11, 2008
DC
Hi all, I'm an avid reader but first time poster, but I just have to ask, and I "think" this is the appropriate forum.

There was a famous treasure hunting book published in the 30's (I believe, but I really don't know), it was full of images and cryptic symbols etc.

My mom was telling me about it when I was a kid, I'm thinking sometime in the 90's. Someone found a gold fairy statue by following the clues in the book. They found it on a bridge in Niagara Falls, and we watched the spot on it on Good Morning America or another big morning show. I remember they found it where there was a loose stone in the bridge construction or something like that, and the clues were on an image that had a teepee which was covered in drawings etc that were the clues. I was a kid at the time, but my mom said she remembered lots of talk about the book when she was a kid, and thought it came out around that time (hence my guess on the time frame). I also remember that the book was extremely rare, and if you were able to find a copy you were going to have to shell out some big bucks to obtain it even at the time.

She passed on in 95 so I can't exactly ask her what the name was, and my dad has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. My husband doesn't believe me and I'm attempting to find at least the title so I can prove to him that I am not full of it...at least on this subject. lol

Either way I was hoping someone might at least know what I was talking about.
Thanks in advance to anyone who might know or at least remember that spot on the morning show so I know I didn't imagine it.

jsm94

May 15, 2008
I'm not sure if you are still checking back for the answer, but I believe the name of the book you are looking for is "The Last Fairy" by Fred Hancock. It was published in 1984 with 2 golden treasures hidden---one in the UK (a wand) and one in the United States (a fairy).

The book had a very old look to it, so it is not surprising that you thought it might have been published in the 1930's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread