Scroll Quest? $50,000 amulet to find, anyone?

vxrecon

Oct 24, 2005

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
It seems legit. Proceeds will be going to a worth-while cause, too. Not just somebody trying to line their pockets, hoping the total sales of the scrolls and publicity outweigh the value of the prize. Of course, it looks like it's one scroll per treasure. Kind of like a lottery where you have to use your brain for more than just what numbers to pick.
If anybody else is interested in this, I just put a bid in for 2 scroll sets. Might be a good time-waster since it's hard to go hunting up here in the winter.

OP
OP
V

vxrecon

Oct 24, 2005
Yeah, I put a bid in for 1 as well.

And I agree, it's good that the money is going to a worthy cause. I had a lot of family lose homes in these past hurricanes.

The site is nice. It looks like they put a lot of work into it, I've seen a bunch of site's that look like
they were thrown together on geocities or something. Glad to see someone taking their time with
it and making it look good.

I hope the "Scroll" is as well put together as the site!

S

ScrollQuest

Wow, you guys don't miss a beat.

We just launched this hunt and already it's up here. I didn't even get the chance to post a "Hey check out this hunt" thread.

Oh, well, I guess that's a good thing!

So here it is...

"The world weeps, for knowledge has lost a great Ally." - Dr. Jos?
Denia, PhD

The famed explorer Algernon Emmery Ambrose has passed from this world.
In his stead he left us one of the greatest treasure hunts ever imagined. In the
Illuminated Scrolls containing his meticulous field notes are hidden
clues to the most fantastic treasures- REAL treasures for you to find.
In this first available scroll, "The Guardian's Amulet", Ambrose depicts
the tale of an ancient Celtic warrior and his magical amulet. The clues
to find this talisman are hidden within the text of "The Guardian's
Amulet". The amulet in question is handcrafted of rubies, sapphires,
silver, and gold; valued at over $50,000. Do you have the skills to find
this treasure?

The amulet in question was hand forged by master smith Stephanie Dykes. It's solid Silver and Gold, with over 100 Ct's of rubies and 200 Ct's of Sapphires. She's a bute.

We plan on releasing new scrolls, with n ew treasures every 3 months or so.

I hope you guys check us out, I think you'll like what we have going.

www.ScrollQuest.com

Thanks,

Scroll

Attachments

• rewardAMULET.jpg
    rewardAMULET.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 653

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME SCROLL ;

I didn't read Into it, But Can you Answer A Couple Questions?

? ?Are These In the U.S. ?

AND the RULES ? (If any)

Answering these Questions Could Help your Cause.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
An excerpt from "The Will" section from the Scroll Quest website.

Locations: "Tokens representing these artifacts have been hidden in certain locations within the lower forty-eight contiguous United States of America."

Rules in regards to finding the token: "When the token is discovered to have been collected, 30 days will be given for the finder to announce his discovery to E&G, at which time, E&G will exchange the actual artifact for the Token representing said artifact. If no claimants come forward in 30 days? time, a new Token will be placed in the same location and the opportunity to discover that location will be reopened. Following the successful discovery of a Token, follow-up Tokens will be placed there for treasure hunters discovering the location after the initial claimant, for a duration which will equal two to three months from the release of the Scroll in question. Another of Mr. Ambrose?s Scrolls will be released at this point, and the process will repeat until such a time as all the Scrolls and artifacts yielded to E&G by Mr. Ambrose are released and discovered."

S

ScrollQuest

jeff of pa said:
WELCOME SCROLL ;

I didn't read Into it, But Can you Answer A Couple Questions?

? ?Are These In the U.S. ?

AND the RULES ? (If any)

Answering these Questions Could Help your Cause.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

Thanks, for asking. I knew their was probably something else I should have put up!

Yes, the contest does take place in the US. And each scroll's treasure will be hidden
in a different region of the country to try and make it accesible to all.

The full rules are available at www.ScrollQuest.com

But the important ones are...

1. Open to anyone, Foreign or Domestic

2. All treasures or tokens are hidden on public lands, none are hidden on private property

3. None of the treasures are buried or hidden underwater or require uncovering, their is at least one angle where they can be viewed in plain sight

4. If the treasure has not been found upon the release of the next scroll, we will begin releasing additional clues.

5. You must have purchased a copy of the scroll (electronic or paper) to be eligible to claim the treasure.

Two other things...

1. Once the treasure is found, we will place 5 more smaller treasures to be found in the same spot. Barring that no one has posted the solution online. This allows more people to share in the adventure.

2. The gentlemen above had mentioned, we are holding a charity auction on ebay that ALL of the proceeds from will be going to Hurricane relief (Red Cross + Habitat for Huanity) This is a way to buy the first scroll before it's official release. And the cause is quite worthy, we had a lot of friends and family displaced by these tragidies.

We are still tinkering with the site, so their will be more stuff to come. Also, we would love to have some more of you guys join our official forum.

Thanks guys,

Scroll

Attachments

• coverlow(2).jpg
    coverlow(2).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 723
OP
OP
V

vxrecon

Oct 24, 2005
These guys are awesome.

I emailed them from their address on the site, and they wrote right back and answered all of my questions. And get this, they said that they plan on hiding a half a million in treasure over the next year. Now that's what I'm talking about!

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
I don't think that they were a scam - they just grew faster than they could keep up with... It was only a couple of guys putting this together and it blew up on them... That's what I think. I hope they keep it up - I was enjoying it... I would like to hear a response from them as to what happened. I hope that Jason's family is fine and healthy - they did have a baby not that long ago and a move to TX...

JadeWhiskey

J

jeanette

Sorry Jade Whiskey, S.Q. has not delivered the amulet prize, mini hunts prizes, orders, or reply to any e-mails. The so called move has nothing to do with this. Read up on tweleve.org and catch up.They are in the not recommended section.

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
I talked with Holli one of the winners - they DID get screwed - everyone did...

I always like to think that everyone in this world does not set out to do bad things (I guess it's my own little fantasy world)... I met Jason before SQ and he seemed like a great guy... That's why I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt - but, they ARE AWOL...

JadeWhiskey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions