NPG memories; the pages are becoming yellow and brittle

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KvonMueller, 1955 with Chevy, Mexico, bandit cave :icon_thumright:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...authkey=Gv1sRgCNuYwPnyoaz5oAE&feat=directlink

The NPG issue date is December 1979

Karl included a remembrance (not related to photo):
Milford Smith passed away on May 1 at Laramie, Wyoming. He was interred at Rock Bluff, Nebraska. Smitty, as he was known to his friends, was an early day friend and associate of several TH-ers: Herman Aaronson, the Reed brothers, Karl von Mueller, and others.

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting note from Vol. 8, No. 3 December-January NPG: :icon_thumleft:

"Coin filled bags, almost 700 of them, were found in the basement of the Redfield mansion and Reno authorities suspect that there may be many more hidden on the property. The late LaVere Redfield left an estate of over $100,000,000 and his penchant for hoarding and hiding anything of value has led several professional treasure groups to search known hideouts on the Truckee River. Another property on the outskirts of Sacramento and deeded to a family friend was found to contain thousands of rolls of uncirculated coin dating back to the 1890s and as late as the 1950s. The rolls were stacked between wall studs and behind removal panels. In one wall, the coin rolls had spread the studs a few inches."

Thanks, Karl von Mueller! :notworthy:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Since my flood I've been able to replace every NPG issue from
volume 6, number 1 through volume 12 number 6 and
have many duplicates. I am still looking for replacement copies
for all of the Ballinger titles (Association: In The Steps; Treasure
Hunting Unlimited; T.H.A. Newsletter; THU and the Institute plus
any others that don't come to mind). In the von Mueller titles I need
Adventure Bulletins; Circle of Companions; Treasure Hunters News from the 1950s (not the 1970s versions by someone else); Exanimo Express; The Express; Th-ers Express. I will trade anything i have duplicated for
anything i'm missing. Excellant chance to pick up scarce von mueller
National Prospectors Gazettes for cheap. I also have many of the early issues of Silver & Gold that i would give for what i want. I'd also like to find the first
volume and some second volume issues of World of Treasures - will give
regular treasure magazines for them. Anyone interested in trading can contact me at my firewall for a list in return for their list only. siegfried schlagrule
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions