• paintings 010.JPG
    paintings 010.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 237
  • paintings 011.JPG
    paintings 011.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 224
C

Cappy Z.

The name Dong is very common. Kind of like Jesus in Mexican or John in the US. I am posting an obit. Hope this helps.

OBITUARY -- Collin H. Dong
April 01, 1998

Dr. Collin H. Dong, a San Francisco physician for 63 years and the author of two popular books about arthritis, died last Wednesday in San Francisco after a stroke. He was 94.

Dr. Dong developed his back-to- basics vegetable-and-rice diet in the 1940s in an attempt to control his own case of arthritis. That led to the 1973 publication of "The Arthritic's Cookbook," a Bay Area best-seller that is still in print, and then to "New Hope for the Arthritic."

A native of Watsonville and a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and Stanford University Medical School, Dr. Dong began his general practice in the 1930s. He retired at the age of 90.

He was a longtime resident of Telegraph Hill, a devoted golfer, an artist, an art collector and a former boxer. He was active in the Salesian Boys Club and in the Wah Ying social club and helped establish the Chinese Hospital.

OP
OP
vickilynn

vickilynn

May 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm 950 V
i went with your lead but came up with nothing. Thanks though , was this just a guess?

C

Cappy Z.

vickilynn said:
i went with your lead but came up with nothing. Thanks though , was this just a guess?

Sure. I mean there must be one million Smith's in the US...I'd bet 10 Million Dong's in China..

Good luck.
:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread