Desperate need of info.. Frank Reynolds Original Prints.

skfloyd

Dec 18, 2009
Hi guys!I found these today while visiting a small town antique shop. They are three professionally framed Frank Reynolds golf prints. They appear to have been hand touched w/ water color. I know most of his cartoons were done for Punch Magazine in the early 1900s but that's all I know. I'm looking for some kind of idea on there value.

I did find one on Ebay but I'm not sure if the price is accurate or the guy is just idiot fishing. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frank-Reyno...=Art_Prints&hash=item3368ff20f1#ht_6129wt_825

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2011-08-20 19.05.57.jpg
    2011-08-20 19.05.57.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 597
OP
OP
S

skfloyd

Dec 18, 2009
Hey thanks! I picked these up for $15 each. If anyone needs more pics let me know and I'll get some.

OP
OP
S

skfloyd

Dec 18, 2009
That last link looks pretty promising. The ones I have are the same size as some of the ones listed here. Seem to be in the $50-65 each range. That's not to bad considering I paid $45 for the lot. Thanks again for your help.

OP
OP
S

skfloyd

Dec 18, 2009
Me too! LOL I'm going to get them checked out just in-case before I try to sell them.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These AREN'T watercolors. They ARE most likely hand tinted Lithos, an not necessarily even tinted by the artist himself. It was common years ago to make a black and white run of prints, then hire someone to go paint in a wash of red on the coats, blue on the pants, etc. It was a cheap way of printing and unless it is a small edition , signed and numbered by artist, it's likeley a mass produced item. We use the term "Print" loosely today. Often a print is nothing more than a photographic poster (NEVER BUY THOSE FOR INVESTMENT!) Now days you see the term "Glicee" print. Glicee in french simply translates to "INK Jet" LOL.....I true print is one where the artist himself, ran the actual press or at least oversaw the process, pulling one print at a time, then signed and numbered his limited edition. Often only 50-100 prints being made.....That said your pieces (i"m guessing) value rests in the collect-ability of the Artist. They probably mass produced many of these, but for the price I think you should be able to sell them for framed 50-75 ea, fast. Maybe several hundred. You will have to research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread