Help understanding artists signature

kelkat

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I have an 1968 original signed oil painting on wood canvas bought at a Toronto art auction, I will include the signature. I can't quite understand the first 2 letters . Measures 39" by 49".

I'm not sure if I'm able to post the actual picture, I have it but not sure if you allow a picture of a nude women. Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post. (it's my first post here )
Can anyone help me with the signature.
Thank you
Kath Art work 3 sig.JPG

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respectfully it is art. I am sure the moderators would allow the picture due to the your need for help in trying to learn more about it. This is what I would assume but please look at who the moderators are in the art forum and PM then to ask. As far as the signature I cannot really make it out as it is monogrammed on the first two letters and could be a multiple of letters. Like C T b or L T B and then there is the usage of the long L or C that makes it look like there is a extra letter before the i l s........Sorry I cannot be of more help.................................GTP

OP
OP
K

kelkat

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Respectfully it is art. I am sure the moderators would allow the picture due to the your need for help in trying to learn more about it. This is what I would assume but please look at who the moderators are in the art forum and PM then to ask. As far as the signature I cannot really make it out as it is monogrammed on the first two letters and could be a multiple of letters. Like C T b or L T B and then there is the usage of the long L or C that makes it look like there is a extra letter before the i l s........Sorry I cannot be of more help.................................GTP

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I will look up the moderator and ask . Just wasn't sure, so figured I'd better ask before posting. Well you gave me more hints as to what the letters would be, I haven't a clue.
Thank you once again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions