Trying to identify the signature

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this piece up for 2 dollars. I have two other pieces that look similar but I'm rather partial to this one so I'm interested in finding out who the artist is if possible. I'm horrible at reading handwriting so I made a couple attempts to search for what I thought it could be to no avail.

photo 1(1).JPG photo 2(1).JPG

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like chicken scratches - sorry

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a Rembrant. :)

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured it was a long shot. I just really like the painting and would love to know more about the artist.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Melissa, (hope I remembered your name) you're in Illinois if I remember correctly. You could try sending a pic to the Chicago Art Institute. They will surely know the signature if it's a "listed" artist. Chances are it isn't a known artist, there are thousands and thousands of them, but it never hurts to ask.

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Melissa, (hope I remembered your name) you're in Illinois if I remember correctly. You could try sending a pic to the Chicago Art Institute. They will surely know the signature if it's a "listed" artist. Chances are it isn't a known artist, there are thousands and thousands of them, but it never hurts to ask.

It's Amanda but Melissa is a nice name :) That's a really good idea, I tried sending it to an online appraiser but haven't heard back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions