A Jesus Painting and a Print

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The painting was given to me by my dear mother and she said it was sold to her at an antique shop having once been in a Monastery. Possibly it is a print with a very nice frame. The print on right I bought recently at an estate sale. Does anyone have any general knowledge to share about these? The print is on thick cardboard like material. JesusPainting.jpg Jesus Print.jpg Thanks for looking.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Correction: the second is titled " Christ in Gethsemane" and the original painting was in 1890.

I hope the experts chime in on these.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent a copy to an art teacher. Hopefully she will be able to find something.

OP
OP
alabama11

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you all for the great research. I got #2 for $25 and thought that a great buy. Thank you painting scholars. Nothing on back.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just doing some tidying up of old unidentified works.

Lovely keepsakes in remembrance of your mother. The first one is a print from a painting by Charles Bosseron Chambers (1880-1964) titled “Confide in Me”. Chambers was a devout Catholic painter, illustrator and teacher born in St. Louis, Missouri and sometimes referred to as the "Norman Rockwell of Catholic art".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread