Trying to find out artist signature, I know this painting is at least 1960s

AnneLewis

Aug 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533899418.262899.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533899563.547341.jpg

Also on another picture I have it says Estampes what does that mean? I’ve googled it but couldn’t find anything

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533899336.108068.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1533899336.108068.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 102

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
English translation for 'estampe' is 'print' so you have a signed print from a series of 950.

Several Sergon pieces use the cottage theme and are named as such.

About the Artist:*Sergon (20th Century) Philippino-American Now a California resident, Sergon grew up surrounded by the diverse cultural influences of China, Japan and South East Asia. After winning first place in a nationwide painting competition, he was admitted as a scholar at the University of the Philippines College of Fine Arts, and later went on further studies at the Scudla Lorenzo de Medici in Florence, Italy. Sergon, who was born in Manila, is noted for his paintings of brilliant still-life and lush gardens. His highly prized canvases of Japanese Koi fish and lovely, mysterious women garbed in richly colored Japanese kimonos give one an insight into his skills as an artist. The paintings are realistic in form and detail, and yet there is an impressionistic aura surrounding each piece. Sergon is achieving recognition as an exceptional talent here and abroad. His works are on display in various private and government offices, notably the Philippine Embassy in Washington D.C. His numerous collectors include such noted figures as Uri Geller, Gabe Kaplan, and the former First Lady of the Philippines, Mrs. Imelda R. Marcos, who not only owns a substantial number of his paintings, but in addition, specially commissioned Sergon murals for the Chief Executive Palace. His work has been exhibited by the prestigious "Galleries Atelier Gourdon Japan Ltd" at the art fair in Tokyo, January 1991. Sergon's works have also been exhibited at Merril Chase Galleries - Chicago, as well as Simic Galleries - Beverly Hills, La Jolla, and Sergon's recognition continually grows and excells, here and abroad.
Still trying to decipher the signature on your other piece.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AnneLewis

Aug 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh thank you for the information I very much appreciate it

OP
OP
A

AnneLewis

Aug 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I love this site! So happy I found it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread