ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artworks are not my forte by any stretch... But... I will say that a quick search revealed nothing about a "karl vanoi" artist.

The scene and feel of the piece IMO are oriental.

Realize this... as I long ago have... paintings are a dime a dozen... everyone tried it at least once in their life it seems.

In other words... paintings are sometimes a tuff nut to crack due to the mass amount produced over time... the art schools around the world alone produced 100 million paintings im sure.

With all this babble...

Good luck.

OP
OP
KangaWoo

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank AARC, my older family members seem to think its something special, but as I told them, "just because its old doesn't mean it's valuable"

The scene reminds me of a movie, but I can't put my finger on it, Jurassic park or something.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artworks are not my forte by any stretch... But... I will say that a quick search revealed nothing about a "karl vanoi" artist.

The scene and feel of the piece IMO are oriental.

Realize this... as I long ago have... paintings are a dime a dozen... everyone tried it at least once in their life it seems.

In other words... paintings are sometimes a tuff nut to crack due to the mass amount produced over time... the art schools around the world alone produced 100 million paintings im sure.

With all this babble...

Good luck.

To be fair well excecuted paintings are rarer than the art school ilk. This is a mid range painting. Good quality and condition but not particularly great due to its banality of topic even if it were a listed artist. Its European for sure, likely Dutch.

Hang it on the wall and enjoy it. Its worth more that way than in money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread