eugene ehrmann oil painting

justine093

May 3, 2006
berks, PA
A buddy of mine has this painting. It was his great grandmothers, and well, he really needs some cash. Unfortunately it has not been well taken care of and will probably need some restoration.

IT is by Eugene Ehrmann, who was a painter of wallpaper murals in the mid to late 1800s.
this is dated 1859. I can find no record on the internet of any canvassed art by this man. I sell on ebay, but I believe this is over my head. How do I get a rough value on this, and how on earth do I sell it????

0321081427.jpg

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Given the possible age, I'd say your best bet would be to take it in to an art appraisal place first. Then, if worth the effort, maybe get it into an antique/art auction house.

traderdan

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008
Hello, This is strange...I just returned to this site 15min. ago And find your post. I have what i've been told
is a eugene Erhmann also. Do you have his signature in photo. Mine is quite exquisite.alot of smoke damage but.......still is beautiful. Have you found any value's yet?? Me & me Mrs. are on fix'ed income's
and cannot aford a real appraisal. I'm gunna try to attach pic. of my painting. If it does'nt load,
C.me at [email protected] & i can e-one to you.( if your interseted at all...?)lol
Have a great Day
Daniel

Ps. My real reason was this disk,(Hand hammered & chiseled)Found In a nevada ghost town??
?Anybody???its 10 inches in diameter
Thanks...D

Attachments

• old painting 002.jpg
    old painting 002.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 644
  • old painting 005.jpg
    old painting 005.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 626
  • meateorite-paris pics 006.jpg
    meateorite-paris pics 006.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 439