Looking for advice on digging in the Philippines

cyber

Mar 30, 2008
There is a piece of land in the Philippines that almost certainly has Japanese caches on it. Besides what a few people say, one concrete slab is slowly being revealed by a stream (the slab is about 10 feet down). And there are other cement slabs (smaller) in other places on the property (at similar depths). Also, there are a few Japanese that regularly come searching the area...

Anyways, the issue is the following-the big cache by the river is going to be extremely difficult. The other smaller caches I'm not sure about how to handle-I know they could be boobytrapped, but I have no way of telling.

I have no experience with treasure hunting. I know how to dig, and can handle some medium heavy machinery, but thats if theres no complications with the caches. What would the standard percentages be to have someone help dig this stuff up? There is no military/rebels in the area-but they might show up if the procedure takes too long... I'd like to deal with someone with excellent references-and you might have to provide security as well-if the Japanese or any form of military show up. It's a very rural setting, so I can't count on law enforcement for protection. Also-I'd prefer if they did not have any connections to the Philippine government, or if they did they'd have to pay the bribes from their own percentage. I can handle getting the gold out of the country. So-am I best to try and dig up the small pieces myself? Or do I really need to hire outside help. Perhaps the first thing needed would be a full sweep of the site with ground penetrating radar? If so what companies in the Philippines rent that equipment/provide that service.

Any and all advice/help is appreciated.

Note: I am not in the Philippines, nor am I the owner of this land. I am in contact with the owners of this land, and I am interfacing for them as they would rather have nothing to do with this-and just get their money when its done-but be able to claim no knowledge of the proceedings. I will of course be able to provide more details and get whatever permission necessary from the owners if I find someone I would be comfortable dealing with.

Com1diver

Mar 29, 2008
I lived in the Philippines for more than 20yrs. I've been treasure hunting on and off about the same time. I have a metal detector for underwater use and can scan those items. The less people you let know about it the better. You say it's rural but as we say here there are no secrets in the barrio. I work abroad and will return April 4 2008. I'm getting back into a few projects that I've put on the back burner for awhile to build up my savings.

I have access to hydraulic cutting and diving gear that can be used underwater. Let me know if your interested.

Com1diver

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Central Luzon, Philippines
Detector(s) used
Blood, sweat and tears of my nation's forebears
Cyber,

Which part of the Philippines are you referring to? PM me for the answer if you don't mind. I may be able to provide some technical assistance if its near me.

Com1Diver,

Are you a Filipino national?

dred

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug
cyber said:
There is a piece of land in the Philippines that almost certainly has Japanese caches on it. Besides what a few people say, one concrete slab is slowly being revealed by a stream (the slab is about 10 feet down). And there are other cement slabs (smaller) in other places on the property (at similar depths). Also, there are a few Japanese that regularly come searching the area...

Anyways, the issue is the following-the big cache by the river is going to be extremely difficult. The other smaller caches I'm not sure about how to handle-I know they could be boobytrapped, but I have no way of telling.

I have no experience with treasure hunting. I know how to dig, and can handle some medium heavy machinery, but thats if theres no complications with the caches. What would the standard percentages be to have someone help dig this stuff up? There is no military/rebels in the area-but they might show up if the procedure takes too long... I'd like to deal with someone with excellent references-and you might have to provide security as well-if the Japanese or any form of military show up. It's a very rural setting, so I can't count on law enforcement for protection. Also-I'd prefer if they did not have any connections to the Philippine government, or if they did they'd have to pay the bribes from their own percentage. I can handle getting the gold out of the country. So-am I best to try and dig up the small pieces myself? Or do I really need to hire outside help. Perhaps the first thing needed would be a full sweep of the site with ground penetrating radar? If so what companies in the Philippines rent that equipment/provide that service.

Note: I am not in the Philippines, nor am I the owner of this land. I am in contact with the owners of this land, and I am interfacing for them as they would rather have nothing to do with this-and just get their money when its done-but be able to claim no knowledge of the proceedings. I will of course be able to provide more details and get whatever permission necessary from the owners if I find someone I would be comfortable dealing with.

I have done my share of TH and MD in the Phils, be careful is all I can say, this sounds like a comon scam, they want you to hire them to dig.... make sure you have a Govt permit, do it legally, DO NOT GO OUT INTO SOME AREAS that are controlled by bandits or NPA gureillas...be careful of digging into concrete, booby traps and old bombs. Also, if there is a Jap treasure supposedly there, MD the area and look for artifacts first, if you find no period relics then the japs weren't there and they certainly couldn't have buried loot where the locals say...PM me for more.

Billy

boki

Mar 5, 2009
weve been treasure hunting some places in the philippines with my father, somewhere in isabela, bicol regions, and story of non-sense things such as ghosts, "medium" or the local quack doctor, all of this is pure scam, so a piece of advice, just do some technical things by using the appropriate equipment, underground scanner, metal detector. don't ever believe for those whole will offer help by saying they will mediate to guardians" of the treasure so you have to offer, white chicken, cigarrettes, etc. pathetic... as of now we are using an ordinary metal detector and a long range locator... but this time, im not using it for a long time due to my work. if anyone interested for the adventure here in the philippine, buzz me in.... send me a message...

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you actually dig something up or have any assets you know about worth trading then the easiest way forward is to get something called safe keeping receipts for them (SKR). Contact the British for this at www.skrbank.com and they will arrange it. You’ll notice that all the big bunkers are insured by Lloyds. These guys will help you through the processes and get you your money. Otherwise you could end up like Roxas!!!

e-goy.com

Jun 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sir you are we need in one project here..project twin drum.easy to get but we dont have diving equipments

Geoflats

Jul 31, 2023
Philippines

Just curious, it's been a long time now but did you get the help and/or answers you were looking for?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, it's been a long time now but did you get the help and/or answers you were looking for?
He hasn't been on website since 2008.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread