Beach925

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2015
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering why the Aussie section of the site is so quiet?
Are there not many Aussies on here or are you all hoarding in secrecy? :laughing7:

Speak up!

You don't have to give away your location or where you have been hunting, but show us what you have been digging out of the dirt down under. :icon_thumright:

Pull up a stump, crack a tinnie and have a yarn.

AussieAndy

Aug 13, 2013
Melboourne , Victoria
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT/gold and a bounty tracker 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im yeah here mate but only just remembered my password from 2013 had to start all over again

Yehuwdiy

Jan 6, 2016
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Nugget Snoop Pro, Garret Euroace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a lurker, 5 years now...only just joined officially yesterday. I used to have another account but decided to go legit :) I'm in Canberra, tan-bark and decimal coins are my mainstay. Only manage to get in 1-2 hours a week of MD if I'm lucky, toddler, work and new house keeps me busy the rest of the time :/

In my 1.45 hours of detecting in 2016 so far I've found $17.69 in decimal currency and one 1957 penny.

Bought a Garrett Euroace second hand, now looking at buying a TRX for pinpointing coins and to try popping. I dig a mighty neat plug with my 1940s garden spade, but by the time I've finished wombating it I may as well have used a fork. For many years I just did playgrounds with tanbark as they were easy digging and easy pickings...so no need for a pinpointer. But lately have found some easier to dig parks and a pinpointer is now a must-have.

I started out with a Nugget Snoop Pro - a great machine that I'll sadly be parting with to fund the TRX. Or maybe I'll keep it as my beach machine, not sure yet. Actually I started out at about 9 years old with my mum's early Minelab machine hitting WWII sites and beaches in North Queensland. But I was too young to appreciate the time and locations I had available...ah to turn back time.

That's my story to date, who's next?

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in WA upgrading my ace 250 to either a e trac or a xp deus but the deus is winning the race so far i think

Yehuwdiy

Jan 6, 2016
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, if you have a 4.5" sniper coil I'll buy it :)

Yehuwdiy

Jan 6, 2016
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All good, hope you enjoy the new machine - moving up for any specific reason?

AussieAndy

Aug 13, 2013
Melboourne , Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im back ill be posting thousands of finds on here from the past 2 yrs all found on old victorian military camps and 1800s homesteads there are more aussie metal detectorests on instagram and facebook forums my instagram account is ... andycypz33 check it out if ya have instagram i use a MINELAB CTX3030 and also have a GARRETT AT/PRO and a garrett pro pointer and a garrett a/t pro pinpointer just about every digging tool ya can get for any terrain iv been metal detecting 4 days a week for 2yrs i dont do parks or beaches only historical spots with permission if need be everything goes on display in glass cabinets not everything gets cleaned only some to identify it best hobbie that has so much learning if ya get full on into it how to research read maps learn history learn how to research a find im 35 and run my own business aswell my main passion is military history but i also do local history save the history before its lost to development i also have 3 kids all girls they get into it aswell i also do alot of bottle hunting and digging i a fair collection mostly military somesteads ill add more to this later

Last edited:

AussieAndy

Aug 13, 2013
Melboourne , Victoria
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466723945.320581.jpg found this 12 may 1937 coronation medal at an old 1800s homestead chasin history and finding untouched spots

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey guys. Not sure where everyone is. Been wondering that myself. I think since facebook has taken over alot of people have moved to posting on there.
But i prefer tnet. Alot more interraction with workd wide users.
I have been active a few years but have seen the aussie section twindle along.
I have been into treasure hunting and metal detecting for the past 10 years. I also prospect and fossick. Living in Sydney i dont get alot of time to get out and about and now spend most of my time researching treasure leads here and abroad

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Victoria? I bought my first car from Saftey Beach

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk