The Vergulde Draeck (Gilt Dragon)

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this is a long shot but has anyone on here ever done any research into the crew of the Vergulde Draeck.

i have done a bit of research and there does not appear to be a crew manifest that anyone knows about i have read the survivors letters that were found in the west cape archives back in, i think 2015.

I'm thinking the best place to look would be probably those same archives or the netherlands (texel) archives because that's where the ship left from originally.

anyone have any advice or tips for looking in to this stuff.

i would love to find a crew list to verify some possible new information i have come across about the survivors.
:treasurechest::3coins:

any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know this is a long shot but has anyone on here ever done any research into the crew of the Vergulde Draeck.

i have done a bit of research and there does not appear to be a crew manifest that anyone knows about i have read the survivors letters that were found in the west cape archives back in, i think 2015.

I'm thinking the best place to look would be probably those same archives or the netherlands (texel) archives because that's where the ship left from originally.

i would love to find a crew list to verify some possible new information i have come across about the survivors.

Hey merc. There is a group on facebook that do active research on the gilt dragon. I sometimes also help out when i can. The group is called the gilt dragon research group.

They are still active. I do think however they take a more of a archeological view of the research rather then the treasure side of the story

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Past masters are another group also but work more out of the N.T

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Any luck with your research on the gilt Merc

Sent from my SM-G935F using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Contact information for the Verguide Draeck Research Group:Contact: Steve Caffery
Phone: 0421 888 104
Email: [email protected]

Postal Address:
Gilt Dragon Research Group
PO Box 4044
Narre Warren South VIC 3805
Don........
PS: You may find this video interesting:
https://www.gofundme.com/gilt_dragon

Last edited:
OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
yes i have been in contact with the research group but they do not know anything about the crew i have also contacted the VOC archives in the netherlands and they do not know of any crew list either. everything i have read on only has the information about who the captain was but i have found a letter with more possible crew names in it so i am looking for a crew manifest to verify if this letter is real.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
mercenarie,
In past years, two members of TN seemed to know the most about VOC vessels; one user name was VOC and the other was 'Cornelis816'. If you go to the search box and type in "VOC vessels" you will eventually see posts by 'VOC'. From there, you can send him a personal message. For Cornelis, do the same procedure, but type in 'Cornelis816' then give him a private message. Tell him I said 'hello' if you reach him.
Don.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread