Planning on moving to Australia, best place for gold?

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently living in the US for my job but I plan on retiring in Australia within the next 5 years because my family lives there. However I'd like to move someplace else closest to where the best concentrations of gold would be located locally, and I am quite serious about this. Where I'm at in California right now the gold claims are easy to reach within a few hours of driving and ideally I'd like to be able to just live right by them instead when I'm in Australia. Any advice on where to start my whole life new again there, but this time closer to the gold? Somewhere in Northern Queensland would be preferable since that's where my family is.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I was stationed in Alice Springs for a couple years, was really nice, but I was about a 10 drive from the best place I have ever nugget hunted, but only about 2 hours from a strewn field that gave up so much.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am currently living in the US for my job but I plan on retiring in Australia within the next 5 years because my family lives there. However I'd like to move someplace else closest to where the best concentrations of gold would be located locally, and I am quite serious about this. Where I'm at in California right now the gold claims are easy to reach within a few hours of driving and ideally I'd like to be able to just live right by them instead when I'm in Australia. Any advice on where to start my whole life new again there, but this time closer to the gold? Somewhere in Northern Queensland would be preferable since that's where my family is.
For qld. I think there are a few places you can go..alot of old gold towns. But public fossiking areas im not surw about..plenty of maps for purchase on line for areas around. But vic and wa have the most open areas for gold prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread