Australian Coins

teejay7

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2007
mate we not only produce the best detectors,the biggest nuggets, the best beer, the best detectorists, the best beaches and finally my stach for the year
ATTACH]

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teejay7 said:
mate we not only produce the best detectors,the biggest nuggets, the best beer, the best detectorists, the best beaches and finally my stach for the year
Geeeezzz..you forgot to mention anything about the women down there..lol

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
well i just got my ace 250 about 2 weeks ago and ive been learning how to use it in the backyard and i have found 5 one cent pieces, 2 two cent pieces a 1946 shilling and my best coin a 1926 three pence, and that is just in my backyard.

teejay7

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2007
Mate i have been hearing some good things about those ace 250,s but i wonder what the ace 500 would be like.????? terry my last pic did not happen .]

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 511
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 509
OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
sweet collection, i hope someday mine will be like that, and i am off to a good start aswell i am up to five 1 cent pieces, three 2 cent pieces, a threepence, shilling, halfpenny and a penny and i havent moved out of my backyard...yet.

Axel

Sep 3, 2006
Australia , NSW
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
mercinarie said:
sweet collection, i hope someday mine will be like that, and i am off to a good start aswell i am up to five 1 cent pieces, three 2 cent pieces, a threepence, shilling, halfpenny and a penny and i havent moved out of my backyard...yet.
How's the detecting going mercinarie?

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This rain has been awesome! I found 8 coins all one cent and two cent coins in the dirt!

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not having access to a beach here in Canberra I've detected up about $1200 in decimal coins in the last year on the sporting fields here in Canberra and found about 120 pre-decimal coins in other places :D

My oldest has been an 1822 Irish Penny but my favorite was a 1867 Queen Victoria penny - it came out of the ground fairly dirty but cleaned up fantastic - an EF coin where you can see every hair on Queen Victorias head. Last weekend I found in one small area of a park $5, 2 halfpennies, 5 pennies, one florin, two rings and a pre-1918 german medal - I love this hobby.

slak jak

Mar 13, 2008
melbourne australia
Detector(s) used
whites pi 1000 x2. quatro , ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slak jak here , i guess i have done pretty well with a 1882 soverion melbourne mint , also i only 1930 ausy penny , found in the water next \to the pier at frankston beach about 9 years ago , it sold for 6200 dollars in a coin auction in sydney , not a bad days work . slak jak.

OP
OP
mercinarie

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I ve been away for awhile lads i am in canada now working at a ski resort but when i get back to australia i will whip out the old detector and start trying to find a gold coin again. Anyone in aussie found anything cool latley? I just have a few questions though what kind of places does eveyone detect? also how do you find out who owns the land you want to detect on because i live in WA where there is alot of farmland and the farmland i want to detect on doesnt have and signs or anything like that saying who owns the property? the answer will probably be obvious but i dunno!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread