Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Famous-Trails-MD9100 ACE250-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I haven't been out in ages! Brand new detector and only used it a couple of times..
I actually hit a park in inner brissie when my wife was at an appointment, how ever at night with no torch made for zero finds! Bunch of good signals tho.

I'm thinking I'll be doing this more often, is there a colour that is harder to see from a distance, i.e: red, green, blue? etc, I don't have volume control ear phones yet so ever beep alerted the parks surrounding neighbors and they would come out and try to see whats going on, really annoying when you're trying to be stealth.

Anyhow, hope you blokes are out there and having more fun then I am!
(Renovating a house & working) :coffee2:

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
Tommi, finish that house already and get on a hunt with me and grab some headphones for the ace. There are dollars waiting to be found!

R

Relics

Tommi, get out there detecting! I'd be going through withdrawal symptoms if I were you, I think!
Relics ;D

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, guess what, .... same story.. still doing the bloodly house and working my arse off!!
I'll be on the roof this weekend, that's the plan anyhow, got to screw down the roof tin so it doesn't fly off this summer.
I was told we are going to have a crazy summer full of BIG storms, which is fantastic for us, the wetter the soil the easier it is to dig, also the beaches will be starting to fill up with dropped goodies.

My wife bought me some nice headphones for my birthday with volume control - (Sennheiser HD 435 Stereo Headphones) - I'm starting to get my hearing back.
We went to straddie, found 5 x 1 dollar coins all in the same area, also some cents.
I really want to find some OLD stuff! pre decimal coins, world war relics etc.

I hit the bush across the road, found a wheel hub from a push bike (that's what I think it is), a lot of ground mineralisation which kept throwing me off, I'm learning more though, specially clear signals, I guess I don't want to walk away from a signal until I know nothing is there.

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
I know what you mean about being too busy :-[
I haven't been out for at least 8 mths probably longer. Hope you ok with the huge storms
the last couple of days. You guys got hit pretty hard.

OP
OP
Tommi

Tommi

Sep 19, 2005
Australia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Yarrum

Our house was ok, I got up on the roof and made sure the panels were stuck on well.
neighbours tree went through our fence, tho his neighbours roof copped it hard, and just recently got fixed MONTHS later, we drove past the gap and still houses with tarps on roofs. :-[

My best wishes go out to our vic and north qld friends, I hope your all well and safe.

(sorry for the late reply :P )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread