Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashley Force a real looker?? now that is a major understatement!!!! :) If she races half as well as she looks she will do very well...think she will do well regardless, its in her blood and she has got great equipment and crews thanks to her Dad..now the rest is up to her, but having the best to start with sure helps.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
racing cars is not a sport

S

stefen

I agree with the Baron, its a serious and dangerous profession.

Attachments

• mrs_puke.gif
    mrs_puke.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 334

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDEKALB said:

Well then someone better inform the millions of fans who watch and enjoy it and also all the MANY corporate sponsors who are fighting over rights to dump BILLIONS into sponsorships. The NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL and the rest are usually the ones that say it isn't a real sport...and the reason they say that is because racing is taking away their fanbase and also taking BIG money away from each league. And for at least the present moment..most racers, owners and sponsors realize it is the FANS that support their sport and provide their paychecks and treat the fans decently and at least try to be cordial and readily accessible to these fans. Like other sports....ego and aloofness, and in some cases...downright rudeness and nastiness.. hasn;t spoiled racing yet. Granted their may be a few racers that are the exception to this rule, but it is not the norm and is looked down upon with frowns and fines etc by the respective racing organizations. When was the last time MLB or the NFL fined a player for not being nice to fans during a mandatory autograph session?? Oh yeah, they don;t have those unless the player is doing it for MONEY.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDE, not flaming, but to say racing is not a sport u must have never been 200.

The phy requirements are different yes, but the level of fitness to drive maintain and NOT wreck require a level of not only mental but also phy.

A player in other sports may rest, take a timeout, nowhere is that in the sport of racing.

A nascar driver currently, even with the latest cooling suit still looses 3-15 lbs per race and must be able to make instant decisions even at the latter stages of a race.

A funny car or digger must be able to experience g loads egual to fighter pilots in combat and not black out or let there mental abilities slack.

A road racing, sports cars, must have a though knowledge of himself and his vehicle, able to maintain that instant reflexes for the course of a race. Which can vary from 30 mins to 2 hours. 24 hr races demand alot on drivers even though they are switched out after varing terms of shifts behind the wheel.

Yes i have been there and i know the phy and most importantly the mental demands these sports place on a contestant, no timeouts, no potty breaks, dehydration, mental tiredness.

Most sanctioning bodies requires the driver to wear 2-3 layers of nomex or fire proof material, socks shoes longjohns gloves velaclova and helment each adds to the heat he must endure. It is not unusal for the cockpit of a car to exceed 200 degs, combine that with the protection he is wearing, you sweat like a turkey day before thanksgiving. You get out of the car and when u can change your longjohns and socks are dripping.
Yes with the invent of the coolsuit it has been more possible for new players to enter the sport, ones that would not have been able to compete 15-20 years ago, due to the heat a driver must endure.

Those drivers would rather die then have to stop racing, I KNOW i died many years ago when my racing was taken away due to vision. If for an instant i knew how my racing future was going to go that last race, I would NOT be typing this to u all now.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NASCAR - Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks - But I like it!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
EDDEKALB said:

Well then someone better inform the millions of fans who watch and enjoy it and also all the MANY corporate sponsors who are fighting over rights to dump BILLIONS into sponsorships. The NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL and the rest are usually the ones that say it isn't a real sport...and the reason they say that is because racing is taking away their fanbase and also taking BIG money away from each league. And for at least the present moment..most racers, owners and sponsors realize it is the FANS that support their sport and provide their paychecks and treat the fans decently and at least try to be cordial and readily accessible to these fans. Like other sports....ego and aloofness, and in some cases...downright rudeness and nastiness.. hasn;t spoiled racing yet. Granted their may be a few racers that are the exception to this rule, but it is not the norm and is looked down upon with frowns and fines etc by the respective racing organizations. When was the last time MLB or the NFL fined a player for not being nice to fans during a mandatory autograph session?? Oh yeah, they don;t have those unless the player is doing it for MONEY.
hence the reason y i dont watch or purchase anything to do with any of the above mentioned "sports"

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheSleeper said:
EDDE, not flaming, but to say racing is not a sport u must have never been 200.

The phy requirements are different yes, but the level of fitness to drive maintain and NOT wreck require a level of not only mental but also phy.

A player in other sports may rest, take a timeout, nowhere is that in the sport of racing.

A nascar driver currently, even with the latest cooling suit still looses 3-15 lbs per race and must be able to make instant decisions even at the latter stages of a race.

A funny car or digger must be able to experience g loads egual to fighter pilots in combat and not black out or let there mental abilities slack.

A road racing, sports cars, must have a though knowledge of himself and his vehicle, able to maintain that instant reflexes for the course of a race. Which can vary from 30 mins to 2 hours. 24 hr races demand alot on drivers even though they are switched out after varing terms of shifts behind the wheel.

Yes i have been there and i know the phy and most importantly the mental demands these sports place on a contestant, no timeouts, no potty breaks, dehydration, mental tiredness.

Most sanctioning bodies requires the driver to wear 2-3 layers of nomex or fire proof material, socks shoes longjohns gloves velaclova and helment each adds to the heat he must endure. It is not unusal for the cockpit of a car to exceed 200 degs, combine that with the protection he is wearing, you sweat like a turkey day before thanksgiving. You get out of the car and when u can change your longjohns and socks are dripping.
Yes with the invent of the coolsuit it has been more possible for new players to enter the sport, ones that would not have been able to compete 15-20 years ago, due to the heat a driver must endure.
so ill thank them for putting themselves in the line of danger for quenn and country,please.........

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDE: so ill thank them for putting themselves in the line of danger for quenn and country,please.........

Never said that. It is a sport just like any other, the thrill and money. Just the risk factor is higher and more permanent.

rtde3, day is a great track, it will scare the bejeasus outa u if ur not use to her.

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
NASCAR is ok when they get on the road course, ovals are like watching pingpong or tennis, I get dizzy. I grew up on road racing, SCCA, Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin is the place for me, also raced at Blackhawk Farms, IRP (the OTHER track in Indy), etc. Life isn't just b*lls to the wall acceleration - stop, or on gas, off gas, turn left. Those are fun, I watch 'em, go to those races for sure. But I gotta be on a road course, because that's how life really is.

Good Lookin Racers? Do ANY of you remember Donna Mae Mimms? Made Jessica Simpson look like Homer Simpson! The real Daisy Duke! Worked for Don Yenko, raced a Corvair, of all things!

Tourezrick

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
That's my Gal! She was one yummy honey! My uncle's company sponsored her for a while. My racing mentors were the Tuttle's. Gloria had success racing, her last ride was in CSR (C Sports Racer). I raced with their son, Billy, and daughter Cheryl. Come to think of it, Cheryl didn't hurt the eyes, either! Billy - well, that was another story! They raced F Prod. Alfa, I raced a G Prod Alfa.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Tourezrick said:
That's my Gal! She was one yummy honey! My uncle's company sponsored her for a while. My racing mentors were the Tuttle's. Gloria had success racing, her last ride was in CSR (C Sports Racer). I raced with their son, Billy, and daughter Cheryl. Come to think of it, Cheryl didn't hurt the eyes, either! Billy - well, that was another story! They raced F Prod. Alfa, I raced a G Prod Alfa.

You ain't kidding she's a honey!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread