Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone heard anything? Relic season is approaching again so thought I would pulse this project.

Last post by Doc is just over 3 months ago when Cygnus (with its top secret feature set) was supposedly on the cusp of production.

Now 3 months of silence from Doc and no progress on the web site either. If someone knows whether this is still progressing, please post something of substance.

Thanks.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc's having some medical issues right now, so, everything is on hold.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunate news. Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery. Thanks for the update.

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's been very quiet for quite some time. Richard has been down on his health. It seemed like it was going to get better for awhile, but as You know it's hard to say how things will be for sure. Only God knows. I received a text today that stated-"Hospice is coming in. Pray for safe passage to our Lord. or a miracle as God chooses". They asked for All of Our prayers for whatever God chooses for Richard at this point. I praise God for the opportunity just to have been brought into his life, along with Everyone else In the Cygnus Group, and on here as well . He's been very inspiring and good to Me. Please Pray for Richard...... Thank You, Randy

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prayers sent for Richard!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get better soon Doc. Try a low carb diet.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just notified of Richard's passing. Please Pray for the Family.
Randy

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Randy for keeping us updated. Sad news indeed. Prayers for his grieving family.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
May God Bless Richard, prayers for the family.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear Richard passed away. Based on my emails with him, I assume Avitech was only just him. So what happens to the project? Did any of the associates ever hold in their hands an actual prototype, or was it all based on verbal claims?

malenkai

May 4, 2016
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not. I don't know what I can say under the NDA, so I will say nothing. The way I see it, it will be up to the family how, if, and when the project proceeds. I personally hope that it does.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Richard claimed to have someone in the wings that would take over in a situation like this, but, none of us associates know who that person is, or anything further at this point. Hopefully the family or the person involved will contact us with an update.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From my time on the team early in the project- he appeared to both have an awareness of health concerns, and understanding of how important his detector could be.

My guess is he had some sort of plan for this. But whoever knows or decides now .... who knows what happens, if anything.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear, RIP Richard. Sadly, he was to Retire the end of the month.

Some info I collected from the start of this.. Might not be the end of the project if the others have the passion of Richard..

OBN-0013.jpg OBN-0009.jpg

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN, I do see on the first document you provided it was a sole proprietorship, so no corporation to automatically keep on. I suppose it will be up to his heirs to decide. Truly sad.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R.I.P. Richard. Yeah, I had conversed with him a bit about my long range locator project. He showed some interest but had too much on his plate at the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread