Cygnus-1X Metal Detector - Page 11
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree500Likes

Thread: Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7374 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Doc give us another update - is this thing still alive?? Has the train derailed? Throw us a bone here, I'd take a cartoon drawn on a napkin as evidence that hardware even exists after months of promises. Now even Garrett is generating new detector buzz. Gotta up your game if you want to run with the big boys and stay relevant. Opportunity windows can close quickly. We want to believe...so give us something to believe in.
    Last edited by vferrari; May 23, 2020 at 06:21 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" coming..
    6189 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    is this thing still alive??
    Lets just Hope Doc is Ok, his area has been hit hard by the virus. Hopefully all is well..

"I'd take a cartoon drawn on a napkin" That's a good one...

Be Safe guys, joe

Blood Member of RingKeepers
    2020......Gold Rings....55....Misc Gold 1...Silvers ...53

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    41226 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Hope he is Ok also.....
    Digger RJ likes this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8665 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    He says he's doing fine and toiling away in the lab.
    FWest, vferrari and Digger RJ like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Randy

Aug 2017
    SW Missouri/Oklahoma
    Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800
    15593 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Heard from Docweiser. Things are moving very quickly now & falling into place better than expected for the Cygnus 1-X. Stay tuned for more coming details!
    Last edited by Digger RJ; Jun 07, 2020 at 01:27 PM.
    FWest, signal_line and cudamark like this.
    AviTech Associate
    The Cygnus 1X, soon to find All thatís been missed, & left behind!

What would life be without challenges, and detecting of course.....

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" coming..
    6189 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    OBN, I have no clue what THz imaging is, truth be told. However, I have stated over and over for years now on this forum, look at some of my reponses to Vferrari's threads, for instance. I can't do the math on machines, and I do REALLY DO NOT KNOW how the Cygnus is going to do its thing! I just know how to swing one! I'll go with you to Merritt Park...as soon as I get the go ahead from the head honcho which will probably be early March, as the ground right now here is frozen. The warm temps this week didn't unfreeze it and next week is going to be icky. Icky is a technical term! Dumb question, is Merritt in the county or city?

Not to put pressure on Doc, both of us being Marylander's but I got one of the first Fisher "AQ" Impulses. He's deep...

Waiting for smokey at Merritt.....
    Last edited by OBN; Jun 15, 2020 at 01:04 PM.
    SeabeeRon likes this.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
    2020......Gold Rings....55....Misc Gold 1...Silvers ...53

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    30293 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Merritt? I've been going north for Indian artifacts but the corn is up now. Pretty much done for the summer. I really can't do the heat. I will start detecting again come November or December. Bee allergies keep me home.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    261 times
    There are too many posts hitting on too many areas for me to respond in logical order and be as comprehensive as all of you would like. Read between the lines on what I do say below, if you are careful and I am precise enough it should leave most feeling pretty good.

Great strides have been made in the Cygnus project and we are currently further along than even hoped for. Now think about that for a minute. It was originally hoped that test machines would be ready to crank out last fall. So what I mean is that even though the overall pace of operations became much slower than originally hoped for the quality and actual down and dirty testing has gone way beyond. AviTech has decided to do just about everything itself which slowed down release dates has resulted in a HUGE hammer about to drop. CNC operations, 3D printing operations, PCB manufacture are all in place and ready to roll off the first 100 units (that can be upped), actual testing to meet the requirements list combined with conversations with friends doing similar technologies but not metal detection has resulted in 4 spin off products and a Cygnus 2 that I really have no words for at this time.

I've given the internal team an expected release time frame but am not ready to make that public yet, but that could change literally by tomorrow.

Will try to give updates more often but I am one tired man. I love the work that I do though and I made a promise to you, I can say you will not be disappointed!

Stay tuned....
    Something new is coming, the Cygnus, don't be left behind!

us
    fishstick

Oct 2012
    Indiana
    Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
    1166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by docweiser View Post
    There are too many posts hitting on too many areas for me to respond in logical order and be as comprehensive as all of you would like. Read between the lines on what I do say below, if you are careful and I am precise enough it should leave most feeling pretty good.

Great strides have been made in the Cygnus project and we are currently further along than even hoped for. Now think about that for a minute. It was originally hoped that test machines would be ready to crank out last fall. So what I mean is that even though the overall pace of operations became much slower than originally hoped for the quality and actual down and dirty testing has gone way beyond. AviTech has decided to do just about everything itself which slowed down release dates has resulted in a HUGE hammer about to drop. CNC operations, 3D printing operations, PCB manufacture are all in place and ready to roll off the first 100 units (that can be upped), actual testing to meet the requirements list combined with conversations with friends doing similar technologies but not metal detection has resulted in 4 spin off products and a Cygnus 2 that I really have no words for at this time.

I've given the internal team an expected release time frame but am not ready to make that public yet, but that could change literally by tomorrow.

Will try to give updates more often but I am one tired man. I love the work that I do though and I made a promise to you, I can say you will not be disappointed!

Stay tuned....
    Understand completely and looking forward to it!!! THX doc....

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    30293 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    So, if I read your post correctly you are ready to roll off the first 100 units. Can you give us an idea of weight of each unit and ball park pricing?

In the meantime, I'm off to the hardware store, again.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Jun 26, 2020 at 04:31 PM.
    sprailroad likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    33666 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Hello Doc,

Looking forward to see your final product!

Regards,

Doc

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7374 times

Stay tuned....
    There will be pics and first hand reviews (good or bad) when we have the first 1000 units ready to ship and not a second before.
    So if I read between these two lines, we will have to wait until you up your production capability and materials 10 fold (however long that takes) before we will see pics and and first hand reviews. Or has something changed...again. It is hard to "feel pretty good" about something that is still invisible. It would be nice to at least see a graphic rendering of what you are going to feed into those CNC machines, at least, if not an actual prototype picture and a preliminary list of features and capabilities. Yeah, I'm pushing hard, but that is because I would like you to be successful. Having another legitimate detector manufacturer is only good for us detectorists especially since another legendary player in the industry has apparently recently bit the dust (Whites).
    gunsil and sprailroad like this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    880 times
    Metal Detecting
    Any business is tough...and although I am sad to see White's close, they weren't putting out a modern product in the style and features that the other guys are.

I'm excited to see what the next year brings the hobby
    Coins I have found in MY yard-

1775 British half penny, 178x half penny, 1816 Spanish 1/2 Reale, 1849 large cent, 1858 Seated Liberty quarter, 1892 Barber quarter, 18xx Shield nickel, 1897 Liberty head V nickel, a pile of Indian cents & Wheat pennies, 1946 dime, 1963 half dollar.

Atari Token

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    30293 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDubs View Post
    Any business is tough...and although I am sad to see White's close, they weren't putting out a modern product in the style and features that the other guys are.

I'm excited to see what the next year brings the hobby
    I'm not surprised White's closed. There have been other manufacturers who just couldn't make it in the past, time moves on, but next year? I hope we're still not hiding from covid next year! People keep talking about a vaccine for Covid, but...there may or may never be one due to the complexities of the process. Fauci stated the way to get rid of AIDS was a vaccine...that's been 40 years now. I am tired of not being around people. My most interactions are with the guys that came this week and rebuilt my deck (hence hardware store comment) and the lawn guy.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Sponsored Links