Cygnus-1X Metal Detector - Page 14
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree542Likes

Thread: Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9085 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Richard claimed to have someone in the wings that would take over in a situation like this, but, none of us associates know who that person is, or anything further at this point. Hopefully the family or the person involved will contact us with an update.
    SeabeeRon and FWest like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    895 times
    Metal Detecting
    From my time on the team early in the project- he appeared to both have an awareness of health concerns, and understanding of how important his detector could be.

My guess is he had some sort of plan for this. But whoever knows or decides now .... who knows what happens, if anything.
    SeabeeRon likes this.
    Coins I have found in MY yard-

1775 British half penny, 178x half penny, 1816 Spanish 1/2 Reale, 1849 large cent, 1858 Seated Liberty quarter, 1892 Barber quarter, 18xx Shield nickel, 1897 Liberty head V nickel, a pile of Indian cents & Wheat pennies, 1946 dime, 1963 half dollar.

Atari Token

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Maryland Waters
    "Excalibur".. "AQ" Impulse
    6293 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sorry to hear, RIP Richard. Sadly, he was to Retire the end of the month.

Some info I collected from the start of this.. Might not be the end of the project if the others have the passion of Richard..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBN-0013.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	1872551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBN-0009.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	1872552
    Last edited by OBN; Oct 18, 2020 at 12:16 AM.
    Blood Member of RingKeepers
    2020......Gold Rings....81....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...130

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31949 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    OBN, I do see on the first document you provided it was a sole proprietorship, so no corporation to automatically keep on. I suppose it will be up to his heirs to decide. Truly sad.
    vferrari likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1318 times
    R.I.P. Richard. Yeah, I had conversed with him a bit about my long range locator project. He showed some interest but had too much on his plate at the time.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    895 times
    Metal Detecting
    If what he was working on was true to his word- what we lost, what the world lost.... to me was in the realm of great projects the like of (the real) Tesla.

It truly would have had widespread impact.
    No gold in NY likes this.
    Coins I have found in MY yard-

1775 British half penny, 178x half penny, 1816 Spanish 1/2 Reale, 1849 large cent, 1858 Seated Liberty quarter, 1892 Barber quarter, 18xx Shield nickel, 1897 Liberty head V nickel, a pile of Indian cents & Wheat pennies, 1946 dime, 1963 half dollar.

Atari Token

Charter Member
    us
    Master of My Domain

Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerDubs View Post
    If what he was working on was true to his word- what we lost, what the world lost.... to me was in the realm of great projects the like of (the real) Tesla.

It truly would have had widespread impact.
    Fascinating. So what scientific principle was being applied to the detector that was on the path to change the world?
    gunsil likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

"Sit down and shut up, will ya? Try not to live up to all my expectations."

us
    E-Trac Wizard

May 2016
    Chester County, PA
    E-Trac
    258 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Fascinating. So what scientific principle was being applied to the detector that was on the path to change the world?
    All associates are under NDA. While that may or may not have expired due to Richard's passing (IANAL), I think we should respect the NDA until his family decides how, when, and if to move forward.
    Oldest US: 1793 chain cent; 1800 half dime | 1830 bust half | 1842 seated half | 1857 & 1876CC seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    31949 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Malenkai, since it was a sole proprietorship, which I believe ends when the proprietor passes, unlike a corporation, the NDA's are now probably invalid and the other party is not here. That said, I was just supposed to test a machine, which never happened, so I never quite knew what he was working on. So for me it's like the old math equation, half of nothing is still nothing. It's an unfortunate thing. I would have liked to test one in the horrid red dirt in Virginia where I (think) I still have a permission. Sad. With covid I'm hoping I can still get to the site, but nothing is really certain, is it?
    SeabeeRon likes this.

us
    E-Trac Wizard

May 2016
    Chester County, PA
    E-Trac
    258 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Malenkai, since it was a sole proprietorship, which I believe ends when the proprietor passes, unlike a corporation, the NDA's are now probably invalid and the other party is not here. That said, I was just supposed to test a machine, which never happened, so I never quite knew what he was working on. So for me it's like the old math equation, half of nothing is still nothing. It's an unfortunate thing. I would have liked to test one in the horrid red dirt in Virginia where I (think) I still have a permission. Sad. With covid I'm hoping I can still get to the site, but nothing is really certain, is it?
    Yes, I was supposed to test one as well. I was an associate, and I have a degree in electrical engineering, but I have never practiced EE. I understand what he was trying to do, but only at a high level. My thought is legally we can probably offer opinions on what he was trying to do, but I just feel more comfortable leaving that up to the family at this time.
    SeabeeRon likes this.
    Oldest US: 1793 chain cent; 1800 half dime | 1830 bust half | 1842 seated half | 1857 & 1876CC seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    31949 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Like I've said before, I never really knew what he was working on. I don't even know how my current machines work. All I really cared about is that they did work. On a bright note, if he was ready for production, then I assume there are files and patent applications and all that legal stuff and his heirs could at least sell it to a major manufacturer, and if the machine was going to be good, some company might want to make them. I do really wish I could have tested it in the bad Virginia dirt.
    vferrari likes this.

us
    E-Trac Wizard

May 2016
    Chester County, PA
    E-Trac
    258 times
    Metal Detecting
    The last material development I recall was that he had completed the circuit board math and designs, and was sending that out to get printed. I do not know if the prints came back or not.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    1081 times
    So has anyone been in contact with the family? Does anyone even know how to contact the family? If I were to wager, I'd wager that this whole thing fizzles into nothing.
    I believe it, therefore it is true.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    So has anyone been in contact with the family? Does anyone even know how to contact the family? If I were to wager, I'd wager that this whole thing fizzles into nothing.
    From the timeline so far with all the "delays", I'm thinking that nothing ever got out of his head into a physical form.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Sponsored Links