Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming soon, Tommy. No cats are being let out of the bag yet. VERY soon though. Probably best to sell your closet queens though. Fortunately, all mine are gone except for the Tesoro Cibola, which I can't seem to part with, but do not use anymore. It's out in the truck crying right now.

State Flower is a pop top! Now that's funny.

Last edited:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I got to say this its coming out in a few months....so how about a sneak peek at what it looks like??? can I sign a ND so I can see a pic of it? lol Will be keeping a eye out for it....

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might not be able to catch it- but given enough mercury it might be able to tell you it's there. :P

Now that's funny!!

Get's my Banner Vote for laughter!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting to say the least.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be more than glad to give a hand in testing.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's got me giddy! And all of you know I don't do "giddy". Kind of like being a 5 year old on Christmas morning. And I know what Santa is bringing.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I can't respond on the Dankowski forum- but we know everyone will be watching this forum-

A statement was thrown out- "Unless they have developed their own new secret technology for metal detection, I doubt its going to be any different than every other VLF detector on the market."

My response- "Yup- our own new secret technology for metal detection" and leave it at that.

:D

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the naysayers are out over there. One even said its a scam or a delusional person spreading a rumor....

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds promising. Glad to see/hear that AviTech is listening to actual users in the field. I know everybody has a different opinion on what's important though. What works for one person may not be the desired function for another.

But hopefully this new detector will shake up the industry. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks friend, most of the requirements which are locked down now (since November) came from right here, others are still secret so give rumors a grain of salt, the secret ones are very cool and will blow many away - it did me when I tested one aspect a few weeks ago )

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Calabash! It's no rumor to the point I'm taking a chunk of cash out of my retirement account to buy and resell some. When you put your money where your mouth is, that's for real! Going to have to set up a business. Ugh. I've had two over the years, none for metal detectors, but I hate the extra tax forms.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon pop my Cherry ;)

I will likely be onboard for purchase and would love to know a ROUGH price point in what the guestimates are. I can almost say with confidence something like this wont be under the $1000 USD mark, but even at that price im all ears.

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still working on pricing but if you read the thread in the first post here you would know that a good portion of this project is about giving back to the community - and we've not discussed what is or isn't going to be in Cygnus yet but all of that will come out soon!

C'mon pop my Cherry ;)

I will likely be onboard for purchase and would love to know a ROUGH price point in what the guestimates are. I can almost say with confidence something like this wont be under the $1000 USD mark, but even at that price im all ears.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are still working on pricing but if you read the thread in the first post here you would know that a good portion of this project is about giving back to the community - and we've not discussed what is or isn't going to be in Cygnus yet but all of that will come out soon!

I've been reading - I am very excited to see the future with all the amazing members here and elsewhere =)

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been reading - I am very excited to see the future with all the amazing members here and elsewhere =)

I would add that the requirements list bar a few goodies that are available just because of how we are doing it, were taken right from YOU the people!

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beyond excited. 2020 will be an amazing year for everyone. =) Best of luck on your next phase of the project. excited to hear more as it unveils =)

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywhere I can sign up on a list to get information once it becomes available to the public!!! Please! :BangHead:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will make all of you a solemn promise. Please read. I will be one of the LAST people to test it in real life conditions in the field. I have selected a site in the mineralized Northern Maryland Wissahickon schist. The site has produced a lot of clad, a few Civil War items, one or two colonial items and enough aluminum cans to make a car with! No kidding on the aluminum. The soil is highly mineralized. Accessory minerals in the ground are hematite, magnetite, rutile (ore of titanium), iron garnet, zircon, native silver, and gold. This will be quite the test! Would be nice to pull out a gold nugget! There is also a creek there and finding a nugget with the machine would be so awesome! Our Equinoxes and Deus machines could not find one in the water.

Site #2 will be a salt water beach. Both in and out of the water. (Apparently in January I'm going to water's edge only.) Place has been pounded so there may not be a lot of targets to begin with, but we will see.

Site #3 is a sandy moderate soil on the eastern shore of Maryland. There are not a lot of hot rocks there, but there are a few. Trash is light, but targets are deep! The shallow ones have already been found.

Site #4 is the horrible Virginia red dirt in Culpeper you have heard me and others talk about. My permission is 3 miles or so from the DIV sites and has been hunted since probably about 1960. I have pounded the snot out of it!

Site #5 is a Baltimore County Park. It has been hit for YEARS now, but there are some dense iron patches there and we will see how the Cygnus 1-X does there. I have apparently no idea what could be left after 15 years of detecting there by at least one club.

So the promise is - NO BS! What you see is what you get! I do not buy hype, except maybe once, and that I regretted really fast! Some of you who dig with me will be able to test drive one of these the week they are released. They will give feedback too I'm sure. And I will be videotaping this!

The buck stops here! And NO, I did not pay for the privilege of participating in this great adventure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread