Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started as a discussion http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...al-detector-design-requirement-wish-list.html but now the overall design is complete, the requirements list is complete and locked down and some of Tnet's finest have joined AviTech for field testing and other production activities. Our field testers are all hand picked from right here on Tnet as this board after exhaustive research, is rated the best of all. All of our field testers here have in their signatures "AviTech Associate" and while they can be followed around for clues they are all under an air tight NDA and will not be able to answer too many questions until testing is complete and the first production cycle is locked down.

We still have not locked down the first model delivery date but are kind-of looking for March of 2020 depending on what we find in testing and what changes need to be made. Manufacturers of the various elements, shaft, control box, sensor head and the like is pretty much locked down but still open if there is better pricing available. If you or someone you know can make any of these items please post here or PM me to inquire.

Our reasons for doing this are in the thread quoted above but one big point to remember is that Cygnus will be a high quality machine built to be water proof and durable along with a host of other features adopted from posts in the quoted thread, because Cygnus is for you!

There will be some videos coming out and smokeythecat will be our video production artist, expect some videos around the January-February time frame, sooner if testing holds true. many of the tests are already completed by AviTech while producing other related products so it's not like we are starting from scratch.

Everything about Cygnus is MADE IN AMERICA something we are proud to state!

We are not out to just make money, we are about giving back to the community and each of our 9 field testers / engineers / artists feel exactly as I do in this area.

Hope to see all of you with a Cygnus machine in your hands soon and thanks so much for all of the PM's already received offering both the best of luck and other valuable ideas.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guarantee it will be beyond awesome.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be able to detect in space,...... that's the feature I like.

It's a sure bet there are pull tabs on the moon.
(And maybe a few coins)

OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fishing.jpg
It will be able to detect in space,...... that's the feature I like.

It's a sure bet there are pull tabs on the moon.
(And maybe a few coins)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it will catch a marlin...

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a complete list of these "Associates" somewhere?

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might not be able to catch it- but given enough mercury it might be able to tell you it's there. :P

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's going to be a very fun winter! There is a list, Santa checked it twice and we are all on the "nice list"! :notworthy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a complete list of these "Associates" somewhere?

I let the team know that signatures are optional so if they want to be known they can be known that way or by replying to you, I see two with signatures in this thread of the 9. If any of them prefer to be anonymous it is their choice. Thanks for asking!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cant wait to see it!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, I expect to retire the Deus after this. I already sold the Equinox...what does that tell you? I also sold my PI machine last year. Yes, it's a tease, but you won't have to wait long.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds promising. Glad to see/hear that AviTech is listening to actual users in the field. I know everybody has a different opinion on what's important though. What works for one person may not be the desired function for another.

But hopefully this new detector will shake up the industry. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer. :icon_thumleft:

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just be sure to get one before your friends do. Good targets don't grow back next season. :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to see a company actively listening to end-user wishes. features are nice, but it all comes down to performance in the end. I reserve all judgement until I actually see it in use.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a test garden will stuff buried deeper than what you would believe. AND I have three hunted out spots to take the Cygnus 1-X to. This is going to be so much fun I can hardly stand it!

RichieSoprano

Jun 3, 2019
Maine, formerly NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot Bedliner on DD Coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the privilege and honor of seeing this take off from sketches and chats. Lotta you guys know I used to be a cop. I can say this: Cygnus is to metal detectors what a .357 Sig is to a slingshot. Oh yes...you WILL find your target.

Last edited:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious to know what type of Pricepoint (Rough figures are fine, things change) We might be able to expect? As well as, when these are being produced will it be a limited run? Will it be available for cross country purchase, and finally, Will you PM when ready xD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread