THE RETURN OF THE GIANTSERPENT

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Kanabite,

It's always my pleasure to reccommend a good book.

I know it's attractive to get your information from the Internet, as well as easy, but there is nothing that takes the place of holding a book in your hands, taking your time going through it, and being able to place a marker at the good pages, all the while sipping a :coffee2:

I use the Internet a lot, just like everyone else here. There are some books that can be found, in their entirety, with Google or Yahoo. It's just not the same......at least for me.

If you get this book, take the time to run your hand across the pictures of Mapa de Cuauhtinchan No. 2. The Apache of old would tell you there is power in the images. I have always felt that power in books, since I was a child. Reckon I'll be dead if it ever goes away. :read2:

Take care,

Joe

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesero Lobo Super Traq
BLACK MOUNTAIN

In the rugged El Paso Wilderness a twin peaked mountain rises to an elevation of 5,244 feet over the Western Mojave desert of Kern County, California. Black Mountain, an extinct volcano, stands as an ancient sentinel of forgotten ancient civilizations. Many believe it is the fabled homeland of the Aztecs...Aztlan. Centuries ago Spanish Conquistadors marked this mountain with their treasure symbols, finding and burying the treasures of the Ancients. Treasure hunters have searched the Mountain for its hidden treasures. A few have paid with their lives climbing these basaltic stones. Archaeologists have barely turned over a stone here.

The dark volcanic mesas and reddish buttes are cut by narrow canyons which beckon the explorer. Here you can find the Canyon of the Three Crosses, the Wolf's Head, the towering Thunderbird, the Circle of Shadows, the All-Seeing Eye, the Sacred Terraced Valley, the Twin Gods, the Celestial Sun Gate, the Shadow of the Priest, Megalithic Monuments, Tombs of the Ancients, the Seven Chairs(now eight), and so much more.

The stories of the Ancients still gather a mocking laugh from the fields of Archaeology and Anthropology, but Black Mountain stands silent for those who have not the eyes to see or the ears to hear the Mountain's truth. That makes Darrell Lane's book doubly interesting. For over thirty years the author has searched, photographed, and made discoveries of extreme value all over Black Mountain. He has made hundreds of trips up and down the rugged canyons piecing together the carved clues of the Ancients, all the while observing the Spanish influence in the canyons.

Darrell Lane has provided the opportunity for every man, woman, and child to explore the ancient paths and feel the power of the Mountain. Regulated in isolationism by our bureaucratic government, Black Mountain is shrouded in mystery and neglected by the acclaimed experts in the fields of Archaeology and Anthropology who like to chase their tails over the schools of Diffusionism and Isolationism. Yet, here is a man who has "recognized the Mountain as being a sacred domain, a giant library of ancient records, unequaled in the Western Hemisphere."

Darrell Lane has no degree, no axe to grind. His vision of the Mountain is untainted by scholarly bifocals. His truth is revealed through numerous Indian legends, stories from prospectors and miners, and his own interpretation of what lies at his feet. His references are scholarly and annotations are many but he remains as he is...a prospector looking for a mystery in the rock. Darrell Lane said it best, "The treasure of the Mountain is more than gold and silver. The real treasure is the history written in America's literature, written in the stars and the sky, written in the rocks and dirt of mother earth, written in the shadows of the day and night; megalithic monuments carved, constructed, and engineered in stone for all mankind to see and understand."

So who were these people, these Ancient Ones? How did their cultures and sciences evolve?
What of their origins and migrations? We will always have more questions than answers. To those who question and doubt I offer you a challenge. Come to Black Mountain. Sit in one of the Eight Chairs cut form basaltic stone and gaze upwards at the Seven Sisters, Pleiades. Walk out of the mouth of the Giant Serpent on the Summer Solstice and your eyes will see into the past, the visions of the Ancient Ones will fall upon your mind, and your heart will know a little truth.

Finally, a thank you to Darrell. He's a generous man. I have found him to be genuine and forth right in every question asked of him. He is a man of many stories and secrets that yearn for a good campfire. I've been lucky enough to have sat around a few fires with Darrell Lane and count him as a good friend.

Craig Collett

Attachments

• DSCN0160  Devouring Young Serpent.jpg
    DSCN0160 Devouring Young Serpent.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Desert Treasure 051.jpg
    Desert Treasure 051.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,756
  • DSCN0006 Mojave Sunset.jpg
    DSCN0006 Mojave Sunset.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,639

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well, Thanks for those Kind Words Craig, Your a Good Partner...I see you made it back okay...I'll be posting a few more pic's shortly from Our last outing and a Special Surprise for My Partner of the "GIANT CARVED STONE MONOLITH OF....MALON, THE MAGNIFICIENT"....The E-Bay thing ain't happening, so I've decided just to let it run out to the end and then that's it. I've got a plate of other things to do besides trying to change the world, hee,hee. Prospectin' has always been my MAIN GAME and there's nothing more satisfying to me than digging (or at least trying) for gold and other neat rocks. It's becoming more apparent from day to day that I have more in common with rocks than I do People, hee,hee...I gotta find me enough pretty soon to pay all of these bills, get me a isolated Cabin and a Donkey or Burro, tu-Boot! If there's anyone out there that can post their variations of the "ALL SEEING EYE", please do so, either in Transcript, Illustration, or Photo. Then I'll do the same, in the most Magnificient of All...Karl Von Mueller's All Seeing Eye was one of my favorites in illustration. More later, Darrell

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well before I start with more pic's from My Partner and I recent outing, let's revisit the pic of the Grand Canyon I put up awhile ago, for "MALON" is there too...so without further adooo, hee,hee

Attachments

• 8-26-2009 10;06;44 AM.......MALON.JPG
    8-26-2009 10;06;44 AM.......MALON.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,564
  • 8-26-2009 10;07;10 AM.JPG
    8-26-2009 10;07;10 AM.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 8-26-2009 10;13;01 AM  MALON.JPG
    8-26-2009 10;13;01 AM MALON.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 2,497

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
CARVED "ALL SEEING EYE" .....across the range of hills....

Attachments

• 100_0413.JPG
    100_0413.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,545
  • 100_0412.JPG
    100_0412.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,593

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Put On A Happy Face!....hee,hee....I know, your saying it just can't be, heck, I've said it way too many times myself, but you know this is not your ordinary place and we are just mere puny human mortals compared to what's really here.

Attachments

• 100_0418.JPG
    100_0418.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,545
  • 100_0417.JPG
    100_0417.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 100_0426.JPG
    100_0426.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,498

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Okay, the next set is what alot of people might have trouble with (more so than the last, hee,hee), the ALL SEEING EYE has a Particular Border Shape to it...........ALL OF THEM.......I'm talking about the OUTLINE of it or the SHAPE OF IT. Peculiar that, that shape also resembles to some extent, .....ah......UFO's....sorry, I really didn't mean to say that, er, well, okay I said it, hee,hee...there's probably lot's of things that resemble the shape, the Egyptian Painted Eye......to name a few......I'll just leave it up to Your Interpretation........

Attachments

• 100_0436.JPG
    100_0436.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,446
  • 100_0435.JPG
    100_0435.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,473
  • 100_0432.JPG
    100_0432.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,460
  • 100_0420.JPG
    100_0420.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,478
  • 100_0439.JPG
    100_0439.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,479

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Like the Flower Design Illustration of the Chicomoztoc that kannabite Bob has posted, the Profile Heads of each group or Tribe, some looking down or straight across while some are looking up or straight up....This is the "INDIAN" on top of a MOUNTAIN PEAK....close to "MALON, THE MAGNIFICIENT"...Enjoy...........Darrell

Attachments

• 100_0452.JPG
    100_0452.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 1,470
  • 100_0449.JPG
    100_0449.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,463
  • 100_0448.JPG
    100_0448.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 100_0447.JPG
    100_0447.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • 100_0083.JPG
    100_0083.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,434
  • 100_0454.JPG
    100_0454.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 100_0457.JPG
    100_0457.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 100_0458.JPG
    100_0458.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,424

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
And one more, then no more.......Darrell

Attachments

• 5-28-2009 12;51;48 PM.JPG
    5-28-2009 12;51;48 PM.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,395
  • aztec creation story glyph.JPG
    aztec creation story glyph.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,447
  • aztec creation story glyph Moon Goddess.JPG
    aztec creation story glyph Moon Goddess.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,578
OP
OP
kanabite

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow !!!!! even if i seem to be the only one responding here , wow!!!!
very very nice amigo :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kanabite

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well while we are listening i would like to ask a question of you guys , especially you Oro. does anyone know anything about the background of this map ? its from the online directory of the little museum associated with the lost Dutchman stuff i think . i really might seem like i am going off on a tangent here , but not really .

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HOLA amigo - I don't know the background of this map, have seen it before and my apologies but can't recall anything about it. It reminds me of the maps produced by Julia Thomas, friend of Waltz. I know you are going somewhere with this, can't wait to hear it! :read2: Thank you in advance, :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

OP
OP
kanabite

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thank you for the response , hmmmm i am pretty sure i have seen this map in a book , but the dutch stuff is not my forte . i guess trying to figure out the source of these hand drawn maps might be like looking for a needle in a haystack . i was kind of hoping one of you guys that really study the LDM might know a little tidbit about this map or even something about the collection it came from. perhaps you are correct about Julia Thomas , i really don't know . anyway where was i going with this ? it is probably just coincidence , but sometimes that's the only thing a guy gets in this hobby . the mirror image of this map, looks a little bit like something i have seen before . where is the bowman? he really liked the heart shaped hill he had on this forum . now if i can just post these two images you can compare them and see why i curious about the source of the map.

OP
OP
kanabite

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Oro,and the rest of you guys and gals :hello:

the only reference i have found on this map is from a list posted on the ALT forum from a johnmitchell7
it is only one line and must be from his research on the LDM .
in seems to give credit for the map to an Indian but there is a question mark after the source . there is kind of a broad timeline also. it reads like this : 1846 189x Sleeping Lady Squaw Mine Indian?

interesting dates , it would suggest possibly to me anyway that maybe an Indian drew it for one of the early settlers or prospectors back in the day , maybe Mormons from the timeline , but its not much to go on .....

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanabite said:
well thank you for the response , hmmmm i am pretty sure i have seen this map in a book , but the dutch stuff is not my forte . i guess trying to figure out the source of these hand drawn maps might be like looking for a needle in a haystack . i was kind of hoping one of you guys that really study the LDM might know a little tidbit about this map or even something about the collection it came from. perhaps you are correct about Julia Thomas , i really don't know . anyway where was i going with this ? it is probably just coincidence , but sometimes that's the only thing a guy gets in this hobby . the mirror image of this map, looks a little bit like something i have seen before . where is the bowman? he really liked the heart shaped hill he had on this forum . now if i can just post these two images you can compare them and see why i curious about the source of the map.

Kanabite - for what it's worth, I visited Bowman's "heart shaped" mountaintop area after we had a discussion via PM's about what to look for. I spent a half day or so climbing up there, wandering around and exploring never finding anything that I would call important except for some beautiful views and scenery. After coming back and asking BB about it, he LOL'd at sending me on a "wild goose chase." I had given him the benefit of the doubt for a long time before that but never communicated with him again.

He did give me one things out of that though - some beautiful photos and a great half day of exploring :)

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Paul,

I have never felt that any of the time I spent in the Superstitions was......wasted.

One time I backpacked into Uncle Obie's mine at Second Water Spring with Cousin Tom Ribaudo and Juno. After looking over the place, we climbed to the top of the mountain. Great views, and you could look down into Boulder Canyon.

The three of us bailed off of that mountain the next morning and had an exciting descent into Boulder. It was a casual trip with no objective, other than to see something different. Good memories.

Take care,

Joe

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
kanabite

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why thank you mike . long time , no talk. how you been ?
its got a few of them , all about the same size and shape .
not many folks catch that part . here is another one . still not sure who made them.
those paper maps still drive me nuts . ya never know whats been changed around .

and cub,
the bowman use to say and do allot of strange things .
i'm not so sure he was on a goose hunt .
Shaman say and do things for a reason .
i let most of it go , back then . even when he called
one of my hero's , "Billy Crystal".
but there were many things learned here .
even if it was in a round about way .

besides ,the worst day in the hills , still beets the best day at work :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread