Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    Garret Sea Hawk,White's Coinmaster,Goldmaster,MXT,BH
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Cibola and Santa Fe have the same location

Cortes traveled through the Mayan temples and on to Veracruz, (which were later used by the Spanish to load millions of dollars worth of gold and minerals onto their ships) Coronado traveled through the new world to Cibola in 1540-42, which is located at the same spot that Santa Fe is now. HMMMMMMMMMMM!? The conversations of the Great Giant Serpent, could they be one in the same treasure ?
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Re: Cibola and Santa Fe have the same location

Quote Originally Posted by dtpost

Cortes traveled through the Mayan temples and on to Veracruz, (which were later used by the Spanish to load millions of dollars worth of gold and minerals onto their ships) Coronado traveled through the new world to Cibola in 1540-42, which is located at the same spot that Santa Fe is now. HMMMMMMMMMMM!? The conversations of the Great Giant Serpent, could they be one in the same treasure ?
    With this being said, i have followed Kanabite's post about the "Giant Serpent" and on his #69 post of the first page is a ideogram. In the bottom right hand corner you'll see a heart shaped symbol with what looks like water flowing out of it, could this be telling us that this is the start of the Rio Grande River!??
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1606 times

Funny, I responde to this exactly in another post. Yes the Rio Grande is the route. In N.M. it would be very easy to perish without water, the path of least resistance as it were.
    It is wild that you started this, having grown up in that area I have a fondness for it.
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dave44
    Funny, I responde to this exactly in another post. Yes the Rio Grande is the route. In N.M. it would be very easy to perish without water, the path of least resistance as it were.
    It is wild that you started this, having grown up in that area I have a fondness for it.
    Would love to go out there and do some searching but only if it was a, sponsored expedition, and after about a year of research first and pictures. I do know that the Santa Fe Mission church sits with its back facing north north east. I read a caption in a book that stated the spanish refer to a time during the day when the cross on the church crosses a certain part of town and shows the path to a treasure. (keeping location to myself) lol
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2346 times

Evening DT: you posted --> (keeping location to myself) lol
    Cheapie skate, sniff

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    1606 times

Is that the church with the magnificent staircase? The state has been overrun with further westerners who do not understand the culture but would like to change it,, Don would be a fantastic addition to your treasure hunt, You need a fellow with flare and a command of the language. You guys can always give me a finders fee for the hookup lolol.
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Is that the church with the magnificent staircase? The state has been overrun with further westerners who do not understand the culture but would like to change it,, Don would be a fantastic addition to your treasure hunt, You need a fellow with flare and a command of the language. You guys can always give me a finders fee for the hookup lolol.
    sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    1606 times

Ooops,, I know the area,, and I know some locals still. And man I would love to visit some of those places with my metal detector. The fella I bought my Etrac from was one of the first to detect Glorietta Pass,, Heck I didn't even think about detectors back then.
    Thomas Paine-

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Ooops,, I know the area,, and I know some locals still. And man I would love to visit some of those places with my metal detector. The fella I bought my Etrac from was one of the first to detect Glorietta Pass,, Heck I didn't even think about detectors back then.
    I think you would need ground penetrating radar for that search but as I have learned there is a local that owns one and is for hire, let me know if you plan a trip out there
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Feb 2008
    19 times

"The Caballo treasure has been going on for 15 years"

A lot longer than that....

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2346 times

BK Hi Dave, gracias for the plug. Progress gentlemen?

Don Jose de La Mnacha

us
    Apr 2011
    Southeast New Mexico, Central Florida

Quote Originally Posted by lostcauses
    "The Caballo treasure has been going on for 15 years"

A lot longer than that....
    That is alot farther south then Santa Fe,it is just south of Truth or Consequences in the Caballo mountians just east of I 25.The story is that there are 17, 50 pound bricks. It was 18 but an old guy found the cave and removed one but was killed because he wouldn't reveal the location.

Feb 2005
    1 times

I think the story of cibola was a fairy tale to throw other westerners off course. I read in a national geographic that Jamestown, the first english settlement was a group of english looking to raid a rich empire like the aztec. I find it hard to believe that the spanish tortured the aztec and found out nothing as to where or how they got gold and other treasure. I am positive they learned something and went directly to that spot. Esteban had knowledge of such mystical places and was able to locate the place described by suffering tortured aztecs. He found this place that is very sacred to the mexica and the priests mined it with the very people that mined it for the aztecs. I think there is a lot more going on with this story than most realize. yes the holy faith is the city of gold. The kingdom of heaven where the streets are paved in gold. Only the heart of gold can enter. lol. You gotta love it. There is some strange aztec/spanish treasure that is not doc noss or ldm that is in the southwest...waiting. I would post more pics but there is no point if people have no response. I do not believe estaban died in zuni. I do not believe that is where. I believe he was sacrificed to free the sun in an aztec mesoamerican ceremony. happy hunting my friends.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    2346 times

cibola is actually in the barranca del Conijaqui, Sinaloa. very remote , now a national monument. Long story here.

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Apr 2008
    104 times

I've lately been thinking it was more about Quivira who's heritage as a name goes back much further than Cibola.

Originally it was not thought to be on the plains at all but in fact quite a distance away according to an old old map going back to the 1300's.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors