Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    Garret Sea Hawk,White's Coinmaster,Goldmaster,MXT,BH
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Cibola Or NOT?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
    DT: you posted --> These cave dwellings
    Thats cheating, I would love to examine them. I wonder how many kiddies they lost there?

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Mom, Dad I'm going outside to play for awhile. Opps I slipped, iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, SPLAT
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan64
    I must just not have a very vivid imagination. The only thing I clearly see is the phenomenal photo of the cliff dwellings. Those look fantastic and in remarkably good condition!

Everything else I have to REALLY stretch my mind to make it look like anything more than just rocks and shadows. It would seem that most of the things you're trying to point out (stairs, doorways, adobes) would be far too enormous if you look at the perspective of things from the photo.

The close-up photo of the cliff dwellings - is that area shown from a distance in any of the first two photos?
    Well everyone has an opinion, but let me ask you, have you ever heard of anyone being able to go over to the North Rim and stand on it? Are there any observation decks on that side of the canyon..........
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1804 times

Yes there are a few places, the National park service has a great old campground and cabins for rent, we stayed there a couple nights, CCCCCold. And there is a big observation deck that was built lately and overhangs the canyon,, It wasn't done when we were there but it looked cool. North Rim I say.
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Dave44
    Yes there are a few places, the National park service has a great old campground and cabins for rent, we stayed there a couple nights, CCCCCold. And there is a big observation deck that was built lately and overhangs the canyon,, It wasn't done when we were there but it looked cool. North Rim I say.
    Yes would love to get some pictures from a helicopter while flying through there
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Roadquest
    Interesting picture depost, I clearly see what appears to be a structure ( abode )
    with stairs coming up to it. And the doorway to the right of the structure.

To the right of the picture, would I be right, in that the face you have in the circle,
    is facing right. Would be left on the rock.

The door and square, at top of the picture is obvious.

As I said, interesting picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Roadquest
    After looking at the picture with inverted colors, there appears to be corner marks that look to be faces in the stone, check out under the white arrows, you'll see them Roadquest......
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

us
    Jan 2011
    Florida
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ris
    Here's what caught my eye (circled in green): a strange shadow, shaped like a snake mouth or open hand, and white rock perched on a ridge...
    yeah i caugh that too but didn't post it, did you make out the faces in the rock just above your green circles
    DON'T TREAD ON ME!

Feb 2005

Question? If your standing on the North Rim, how can you be looking North??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links