Another Aztec location , maybe !

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me say i used to be, ghostdog,oldergoate,motell6,now I had to re= register ha/ha, ok to the imformation I ran across. I bought a book by Robt.Bell, who writes,in a dig in a Indian grave buriel site years ago, in Washington state, a dozen or more large copper spheres ,strung together by copper chains,dangleing from each sphere was a spangle 2inches in diameter ?, which had some strange hirogliphics which no expert to unravel. The theory is the Indians captured this from the aztecs in a battle, ?and kept it as a war trophy. Sounds reasonable to me could this deorative item been on a wall inside a pyramid at one time.?

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
book is a Treasure guide,by Robt.Bell,Jetco publishing,small paperback,has some interesting reads,
I think you can locate at Abe books/Jetco used to sell metal detectors.Printings 1968 to 1973. About 57 pages.
no mas

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
That is an odd artifact if those sphere are larger than say..necklace size. Could it have some maritime use I wonder

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I wonder if they could not be newer. Maybe Russian. No expert, but the way it is described, as you say..it almost sounds decorative. But have not heard of any like things from down south. My first thought was that cannon ammo that has chains ..I do not know what it is called..but copper and glyphs do not seem to fit.

OP
OP
motel6.5

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert Moon, I know the person that has possession , I will see if I can get more imformation on the relic.
I"m thinking they may have something to do with astronomical events or a ancient calander,who knows,I dont.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Well it could be.

Iit would be interesting to get a better description or pic. The astronomical "artifacts" I have seen from Aztec and Maya do not resemble that in anyway. I have a feeling for example that the famed turquoise snake in the British Museum is all about the lunar cycle. Solar "obervatories" I have seen seem to be static and fixed too, whether an engraved stone in a walkway, a panel on the wall..or a solar disk.

But maya or aztec being that far north is not out of the question. The flat head indians did not have flat heads...but ..did have an interesting tale of some "flatheads" that came their way and for a while lived amongst them till they died out. These Indians? seems to have gotten lost and made their way inland from the coast. Different look, different culture, different knowledge..some of which they shared with the flat heads. But they may not have been Indians..they could have been Chinese I suppose..people who looked sort of like Indians according to one flathead informant

Thanks cactusjumper! :)

ps..the glyphs will tell the tale motel.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Desert Moon,

Actually, the Flathead Indians belonged to a branch of the Salish. They were just one of many Salishan speaking groups.
Some of the Salishans to the west along the northern coast had a custom of binding their babies heads to a padded board to give them a flattened appearance. As they grew older, their heads took on a tapered, pointed look.

That earned all of the Salish the name.....Flathead.

Take care,

Joe

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I stand corrected ..thanks!

Here on page 156 is the story I was alluding too. Actually..does not sound much like Aztec or Maya after rereading it.

"I Will be Meat for My Salish": The Buffalo and the Montana Writers Project ... - Bon Isaac Whealdon, Robert Bigart, Dwight BilleDeaux - Google Books

Desert Moon,

Actually, the Flathead Indians belonged to a branch of the Salish. They were just one of many Salishan speaking groups.
Some of the Salishans to the west along the northern coast had a custom of binding their babies heads to a padded board to give them a flattened appearance. As they grew older, their heads took on a tapered, pointed look.

That earned all of the Salish the name.....Flathead.

Take care,

Joe

bis

Nov 17, 2012
I am in cancun i would like to know if you recomend a place to search for tresure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread