Aztec Gold Site, What Equipment Should I Use?

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose,

I was neither emotional nor inaccurate in my assessment. As I stated before there are good and bad points to Mexico as a country and culture. The same applies to the U.S. and any other country. I have had the privilege of much travel throughout the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia. The same holds true for every country.

Your response is typical however of most Mexicans that I know. They can't take any criticism of their own country and culture (not honest with themselves) and can't wait to point out the negatives of other countries, especially that of the U.S.

Haste el favor de volver a leer lo que escribe en el "post" anterior. Si lo lees con calma te dieras cuenta que digo; ya entrando mas al interior del pais la mayoria de la gente cambian de actitud a una mas positiva. Si tan listo estas para ponerle la culpa a los Estados Unidos por el crimin etc. entonces tambien le debes de dar credito por un ambiente "progresiva" y una tasa creciente de la "clase media" pero estoy seguro que no estas dispuesto de hacerlo. Porque es asi en Mexico, todo el orgullo de las cosas buenas, pero lo negativo, pues no hay duda que es por la culpa de mi ajeno, en este caso los gringos (E.U.) Que muere aqui Don Jose porque ya es un tema vieja.

God bless you sir.
Royal1

Last edited:

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jose mexican, Royal amigo you may just find out what a wrong assumtion is, especially a wrong assumtion regarding Jose, lol

furness

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Furness & Royal, cafe in the patio? First Don Royal, just about everything that you mentioned in your post, applies equally to the US, my home and for whom I fought for in two wars. starting with Guadalcanal in 1942'. You are being hyper protective of the US also, no? Can't she stand on her own two feet?

As for the drug problem, which in turn is financing the turmoil in Mexico, as well as the other Latin counties, if there was no drug consumption by the 'escapists' in the US, there would be no money, hence no reason for the Narco gangs, or wars. Peace would return - questions?

I am fully aware of the constant deterioration of the US, as well as the rise of the middle class here in Mexico. Neither county is perfect, but under the present administration there, I have many, many, more rights here in Mexico than in the US.

Since you live in California, being a 3 rd generation Californian myself, now an Arizona citizen, may I suggest that I have seen it go from a golden state, to a perfect example of what you are advocating about the Mexican border regions.

Much of the border problem would disappear if the present course / laws on immigration were allowed to be enforced. Amnesty is 'not' the way to go, On the hope of this, the border is becoming saturated with Latinos from all Pan American countries hoping to cross and then be granted a green card later, in spite of actually committing a 'felony' by an illegal entry. With this saturation of generally lower educated people, the lack of job availability forces many into crime to simply survive.

So as I said Royal, relax, come on down and look for treasures, another field that is far superior here to the rapidly growing opposition in the US led by hungry, job security lobbying, Archaeologists, and money strapped states..

Get on a mule and go with Furness and I, exploring in the still unknown, deep barrancas for lost old Jesuit mines. Since I have already found and own Tayopa, that is out. But there are still many many to be found. Shall we ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. notice my signature? no questions?

p.p.s Your Spanish is rather good my new 'friend'. "More coffee?"

Last edited:
OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1942, eh? Wow you are old. Lol, my grandfather fought in WW II. (Invasion of Normandy and the push into Germany) Thanks for serving Sir!

Have you actually been in your right state of mind when reading my posts? I just got through mentioning in my posts that negatives and positives can be said about ALL countries including the U.S. and then you accuse me of being too sensitive about the U.S. What is your deal, too much peyote? ;)

Look, all I care about is that people get their facts straight. People need to be aware of the GOOD and the BAD and for people to stop romanticizing Mexico. There are problems there, many, of which I have first-hand experience. For anyone to deny this and want people to look the other way is not serving any of the readers here.

Is it worth going down there for travel, vacation, treasure hunting maybe even living there? Absolutely, but people need to be aware of what to look-out for and where the better places are for each one of these activities. Thanks for the invite by-the-way. I just came back a week ago from 3 weeks of treasure-hunting deep in the south of Mexico. Been to Mexico many, many times and I stand by my statements. Good and bad *hit, decent folk and complete douche-bags. You got it all in old Mexico.

Don Jose no estoy aqui para ofender pero la verdad que se te ve mal y medio necio estos argumentos. Que estes bien senor!

P.D. Cuando estas dispuesto a platicar acerca de tesoros y otros temas pues lo haremos no? Tengo mis lugares y me imagino que tendras algunos tambien.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Royal, 'Mature', 'Mature' You gonna be at my 150 th birthday party?.heehhe

As for talking treasures, yep, of course. I believe that I have some 8939 posts in here, basically on treasures, so I am at your call, Which ones do you wish to talk about?.

I also posted the location of three still lost mnes, . La Tarasca, Las Pimas,and El Naranjal, now go find them. I have mine, now go get your's.

You posted--> Que muere aqui Don Jose Literally "let this subject stop - die- here. I agree.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

If any of you on this post have any interest in treasure hunting in Mexico, there are still some very good places to go where you won't be disturbed and where if you do your research stand a good chance in locating some good finds. Who knows, you might even find the "mother-load"

Remember, research, preparation and being careful about your surroundings where you go, who you talk to etc. is key to your success down there as it would be in any country.

I do have a general question for all of you out there, if one were to find some silver and or gold coins or bars/relics could you get the same or at least close to the same price for those valuables as you would state-side? If so, where would any of you recommend selling such items down there in Mexico?

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I've got to agree with that, i was out there twice last year for three weeks each time, i loved every minute, ( Puebla Pu ),
almost cried when i had to get on that plane to come home,

my house is now up for sale and i'm moving there permenantly as soon as its sold,
i have the use of a flat in the old part of the city and my pension will give me a very comforatable living there,
piegrande will know the area :>) its on 14 oriente just round the corner from the Cinco de Mayo,
i can't wait to get back out there, the weather is like eternal summer, and the people were great,

Exactly correct. I am well aware of that probability. The grandfather, who has been dead since my wife was around 30 years old, claimed there were steps leading down from the skeleton. No explanation given as to why they did not dig down the steps, but my guess was the amount of work involved might discourage them. People believed the legends enough to come and ask if they could dig on the property, and he let them. Someone once asked why he let them dig, and he said if he didn't they might kill him and dig anyway. And, besides digging around the roots of his avocado trees was good for them.

By the way, I do not know the city of Puebla very well. I have been there, but cannot find my way around. If I go there by bus, I give the address to a taxi driver and he beams me there.

Puebla is a nice city, overall. The historical section is excellent. Last visit we saw a park with a beautiful fountain. People go to the parks and simply hang out for a long time. Students with text books, mothers with kids who chase the pigeons; sometimes old men playing chess.

Last edited:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have been in contact with other expats in various countries. I have no illusions, as Royal implies, when I say I love living in rural Mexico. What my friends agree is every place has good and bad. No exceptions.

To find a place you want to live you need to find a place where the bad things do not especially affect you, and the good things are important to you.

A friend in China says he knows there are some very poor people in his small city; he doesn't care because he is not poor. Other people would not want to live around very poor people.

I live in a house which is most of the winter unheated. I don't care, because the body adapts to sleeping in a cold room, and I do have a fireplace for local heating. So, I don't mind an unheated house. Others would not endure it.

There is corruption and incompetence here. I am not especially bothered by that. My wife's family are warm and friendly. That is important to me, so I can live with the bad things.

Some men like Phillippines or Thailand. I simply don't do sweat and mosquitoes, period.

On many forums and boards, there are always people who accuse those of us who like living in Mexico of being ignorant, or more likely, have our heads buried in the sand, we just don't get how bad the country is. It is beyond tiresome.

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that matters is that you like or even love the place (country) you live in. That is how it should be. I was merely trying to bring some perspective to my thread on the topic of Mexico especially since I do have many of my own life experiences on this subject. I wasn't looking to push anyone's buttons or any s**t like that. One thing I have learned over the years is that people get way too sensitive on social media sites. Be it Facebook, Youtube, Blogs etc. To many butt-hurt emotions out there. It makes a person not want to participate in social media anymore. It almost seems not worth the trouble. Take care all.

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

If any of you on this post have any interest in treasure hunting in Mexico, there are still some very good places to go where you won't be disturbed and where if you do your research stand a good chance in locating some good finds. Who knows, you might even find the "mother-load"

Remember, research, preparation and being careful about your surroundings where you go, who you talk to etc. is key to your success down there as it would be in any country.

I do have a general question for all of you out there, if one were to find some silver and or gold coins or bars/relics could you get the same or at least close to the same price for those valuables as you would state-side? If so, where would any of you recommend selling such items down there in Mexico?

Does anyone have any insight on the question above? Thanks.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bk royal, have been afuera for a week or so. As for selling your artifacts or metal, do it in Mexico. To take them across the border without permits, sets you up for multiple felonies in both countries, and generally, you will receive just as good a price for them in Mexico, plus you are not setting yourself up with the US IRS.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose,
Thanks for the response. I see that you said it is possible to sell your finds down in Mexico and still get a good price for them. Do you know of an individual, a company, a store, a business or the best place to do this specifically that you could reccomend? Thanks again for your response and information on this topic. God speed to you sir.

Sinerely,

Royal1

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any insight on the question above? Thanks.

whilst i have no idea about coins or larger amounts, i've been told small amounts such as a few grams as grains or flakes can be sold at a fair price to almost any dentist,

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in contact with other expats in various countries. I have no illusions, as Royal implies, when I say I love living in rural Mexico. What my friends agree is every place has good and bad. No exceptions.

To find a place you want to live you need to find a place where the bad things do not especially affect you, and the good things are important to you.

A friend in China says he knows there are some very poor people in his small city; he doesn't care because he is not poor. Other people would not want to live around very poor people.

I live in a house which is most of the winter unheated. I don't care, because the body adapts to sleeping in a cold room, and I do have a fireplace for local heating. So, I don't mind an unheated house. Others would not endure it.

There is corruption and incompetence here. I am not especially bothered by that. My wife's family are warm and friendly. That is important to me, so I can live with the bad things.

Some men like Phillippines or Thailand. I simply don't do sweat and mosquitoes, period.

On many forums and boards, there are always people who accuse those of us who like living in Mexico of being ignorant, or more likely, have our heads buried in the sand, we just don't get how bad the country is. It is beyond tiresome.
sorry piegrande i had seen you mention you were in Puebla i should have said possibly know where i mean for the flat,.

yes all countries have problems we have problems with the number of Asians now and islam, taking over areas and turning them into muslim ghetos, hoards of east europeans many of whom are fugitives from there own country, caused by EU free travel and work rules, and continuing their criminal activities over here where they are not known,
the God awfull weather, were lucky if we get more than 1 or 2 weeks a year where we dont need a coat on when we go out, i wore a shirt jeans and that was it both times i was there and wont need to dress like an eskimo for most of the year,

when i arrived in Mexico there were things that shocked me at first such as the amount of unpainted concrete blocks used in the buildings, and the state of some of the poor, i was told off quite a few times by my penfriends relatives for leaving a tip after a meal out or giving poor kids a few pesos, but after a few days the eyes and mind addapted to the different conditions and a different culture, the blocks no longer impinged on the eyes or the mind they faded into the back ground,

i'm from a small town and used to the country side but found i loved the hustle and bustle of the area i stayed, shops opening at 10 in a morning and not closing until 9 in the evening, and the flat being 10 minutes from everywhere as my penfriend told me, i could buy anything i wanted within a few blocks, food and many other items at a 1/5th of the cost here,in the UK,
the fantastic weather cool at night so it was easy to sleep, low humidity, yes i have spent quite a few years when i was younger in Oz and round the south pacific so no sweat and mossies was also a plus,

walking to the Zocalo in a morning about 9 or 9-30 everyone sitting in the sun in the park area there then changing to the shady seats after about 10 when the sun warmed everything up, getting breakfast at McDonalds by just pointing to the menu on the wall, or coffee at the italian coffee house,
after a week i could make myself understood enough with a few words or hand gestures and pointing to order things in restruants or shops,
meeting my penfriends students so they could hear an english accent as they had really only heard American accents before, she teaches English at the language school and University there,
i could go on but i think most reading this will get the gist of this and why i intend to return,

Last edited:

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jose, you can ride the burro, me i'll walk,---- upwind :>)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furness, that is blatant prejudice and racism. Next you will be posting against we poor, down trodden, OIRISH who may have been riding mules and sweating for days without a bath, sigh

Coffee my friend?
:coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furness, that is blatant prejudice and racism. Next you will be posting against we poor, down trodden, OIRISH who may have been riding mules and sweating for days without a bath, sigh

Coffee my friend?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Its not called prejudice, its called a sense of smell,

yes i'll have a coffee with you anyday amigo,

actually i quite like the oirish,
i have quite a few inlaws catholics from the south,

OP
OP
royal1

royal1

Nov 21, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Furness for your response. Does anyone else have any info on the question below?

Does anyone know of an individual, a company, a store, a business or the best place to do this specifically that you could reccomend to sell gold/silver coins or relics in Mexico? Thanks again for your response and information on this topic. God speed to you sir.

Sinerely,

Royal1[/QUOTE]

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Royal, that is a rather indescrete question since one has any idea just what you may have to sell or how you aquired it. When you arrive at that stage, you will know how to do it legally.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread