distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aztec Treasure located already?

It seems so.the original discoverer of the probable place for this mitical treasure was a native hunter who could not make it home for the night.so he sought refuge in a small opening at the base of a cliff.to his surprise next morning he realize that the opening was actually in a manmade wall made of cut stone blocks.so paying more atention to the inside of the cave he could barely distinguish objects that on close inspection turn up to be Urns,jade and granite Mazks,knives and swords,rotten wood shields.so he grabed a few objects and took off to town.during the next days he brought home as much as he could with the help of family members.40 yrs later his son then sold the contents to a Sylver Merchant in Taxco Mexico.and in the early 50's the collection found its way to Texas.the buyers inmediately satarted their own search for the place where all that treasure came.and with the help of my Father in law finally located the precise place.they recovered much more items but they stopped excavations when they realized the place was booby trapped.so all the objects recovered where mainly the belongings of maybe up to 200 warriors sacrificed to guard the entrance.my father in law told me that to get access to the main chamber it would be nessesary the expertise of engineers.I Myself visited the site and doing casual visual inspection on the outer wall I noticed another wall at the base of the cliff.it seems that the builders consealed cave entrances with these walls.I personally Have not attempted to excavate this sites.but if the Mexican Goverment gives me a percent of whatever I find I would give it a shot.this is the most promissing place to find the mitical Moctecuzoma treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay tuned.I will post pictures of a pair of Aztec sacrificial knives (I have to dig them up from my garage).imagine if these knives where used to sacrifice the warriors at the entrance of the cave.they would be really historical.when they where found the wood handles had rotten up already except for small turquoise pieces that might have been used as inlaid on the handles.MUSEUMS WOULD KILL TO HAVE THEM IN THEIR COLLECTIONS.I will look for them this weekend and hopefully early this week I will post the photos.satay tunned.

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see photos! Can't wait.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tayopa.I sent you a Photo of the smaller blade.that one measures 6.5'' long.as you can see is in perfect condition.the other one is 9.5'' long but the tip is broken.(obiously by bieng used).if it would have been complete it would have been at least 10'' long.on the other hand I notice that you are active in sonora State.and I have something to share with you.I have information on a site.this info was gathered doing exploration in the 40's and 50's.a team of American prospectors came to Hermosillo sonora looking for the famous Tayopa site.they basicly traveled the whole sierras with a small plane.and they came up with a promising site.to get there by land you need to go to a town called san pedro de la cueva.(I dont know it personally)there is a Small town close by called Wepari.from wepari you need to travel by mule(at least in the 50's that was the only way)a whole day and a halve.you should come to an old alambique (is a mezcal destiller)by that time the alambique was allready in ruins.from the alambique you'll see a big mountain peak to the South east.from the west face of this mountain you will see a dark colored hill to the soth west.(you will need to stand on the west face of the big mountain to be able to see the hill.)the old yaqui caleed this hill ''cerro prieto'' in Spanish even that some don't even spoke spanish.on the side of the black hill you'll notice some old foundations that resemble an old church ruin.the prospectors actually recovered a few hundred pounds of sylver but they were run off by the natives who stole all the provitions from them and they where lucky to scape with their lives.let me know if makes sense for you.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mas de wepari mi amigo -- tell me more about 'Wepari' my friend.

You know of course, that they did not stab to open the chest up for access to the heart, but 'slashed' open the diaphram then shoved their hand into the cut, up through the lungs etc., to reach the heart, which they then literally tore out.

Done quickly, and properly, the Heart retained enough electrical energy to make one or two more spasms / pulses, which were considered as a sign that their offering was accepted.

Side issue, done properly the victim was still consious enough to briefly realize that it was his heart that he was looking at. The Spanish were not given narcotics to diminish the pain.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tought that you might be familiar with the place.all I had was the stories told by My Father in Law.Wepari was a Small Village close to San Pedro de la Cueva (do not know where it is neither)the Americans got some guides from Wepari.one of them was a Fellow named Juan Noriega.I'm afraid I can't provide you with more info.hope this can be of any use to you.if you find it please send me a small bar to California.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I altmost forgot to tell you that some years later Americans constructed a dam in the San Pedro-Wepari area.and one more curious fact.in the mountains around the mining site there were lots of wild donkeys which were being hunted by the Yaquis.this lets me to believe that these Animals where desendants of the Donkeys used to transport the Metal hundreds of years ago.find out if there are any Donkeys running wild up to this day.it would be something really Awesome to see now.saludos y suerte Amigo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Que tal Tayopa.I have a question for you.How connected are you down there in old Mexico?.because I can tell you this.I know personally 3 sites that I garanteed you are equal or richer than any Tayopa site.one is a huge deposit of Copper.with mineralization of at least 6 square miles.the other site is a Native gold district that has good alluvial Gold.I bougth a Keene 3'' dredge and I recoverd some Gold years ago even though I had no experience whatsoever.for example I did not know about the Gold line in the Rivers.the third site is an Amazing old American mine.why do I know it was the American who worked this place?.because the the huge machinery has a stamp that says ''saint Louis Miss''.that's the place this machinery was Manufactured.it turns my mind upsidedown trying to understand how all this big Machinery was transported to the top of the Mountain.the reason this inmensely rich mine was abandoned was the Mexican revolution in 1910.I did some exploration on lots of sites.but these three are way richer than all the rest.some years ago I went to Mexico to claim these places but I was a little late.actually the American site was claimed two weeks before I got there.but claims come and go because people fail to start operations and their titles expire.so if you know a company that is willing to claim and send a geologyst to this area let me Know.and tell me what percent I would reasonally get.I got some pics that I can send you.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
That would be a quirk to use metal knives with wooden handles to sacrifice warriors. They could, if they could get them, but it is not how it was done normally.

And, I thought you said on another posting, they did not have much metal working capacity.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all l could find out about their metallurgy methods is that they did knew about ores.but they did' nt know how to separate the different metals , so for their gold ornaments they more likely used placer gold, but they would make ornaments of different alloys like silver-Lead for example,is sad that they did'nt know about magnetite and hematite that is so abundant in this region maybe to them they just were plain rocks. To bring the temperature to the melting point they used simple forged madeof mud,and they used hollow reeds to blow air in the forge. Of course they used the lost wax method.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Que tal Tayopa.I have a question for you.How connected are you down there in old Mexico?.because I can tell you this.I know personally 3 sites that I garanteed you are equal or richer than any Tayopa site.one is a huge deposit of Copper.with mineralization of at least 6 square miles.the other site is a Native gold district that has good alluvial Gold.I bougth a Keene 3'' dredge and I recoverd some Gold years ago even though I had no experience whatsoever.for example I did not know about the Gold line in the Rivers.the third site is an Amazing old American mine.why do I know it was the American who worked this place?.because the the huge machinery has a stamp that says ''saint Louis Miss''.that's the place this machinery was Manufactured.it turns my mind upsidedown trying to understand how all this big Machinery was transported to the top of the Mountain.the reason this inmensely rich mine was abandoned was the Mexican revolution in 1910.I did some exploration on lots of sites.but these three are way richer than all the rest.some years ago I went to Mexico to claim these places but I was a little late.actually the American site was claimed two weeks before I got there.but claims come and go because people fail to start operations and their titles expire.so if you know a company that is willing to claim and send a geologyst to this area let me Know.and tell me what percent I would reasonally get.I got some pics that I can send you.
Just for clarification, the stamp probably said "Saint Louis, MO (not MISS) as St Louis in in MO. Also, just because the equipment was made in America, it does not mean they were Americans working the site. Catterpillar is a very popular brand worldwide. So is Kubota. A site in America, using Kobuta machines, doesn't mean the workers are Japanese. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are very, very nice Aztec ceremonial knives you have pictured! Are those the knives you talk about in post number 7? Very nice pics. Tell me more. Very nice! Tnx. TTC

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Distribuidor: Apologies for not seeing your post until today. I will check out your data shortly . Meanwhile lets go have some hot coffee with Terry at the kitchen counter, too cold outside rightnow, down to 8 F.

Don Jose d eLa ancha.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
¡Great way to put it, Don José! TTC

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the old mine.my Father in law talked to the last surviving worker.when he was teen this person worked there hauling ore with mules for a few years .and he told about "the Gringos" who owned the mine.they left in such a hurry as to leave a bacht of ore cooking in the brick furnace.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Um, the Aztecs did not use metal knives for ripping out hearts. Metal knives, even today, are not as sharp as what they used. I am told the finest surgical scalpels today use the same material they used then.

Their technique was observed by the Spanish, and recorded in gruesome detail.

There are other details in this thread I find very troubling.

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You find very troubling what. I find it troubling to know the location and
not being able to do much.