Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is a great Aztec treasure still waiting to be discovered?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2004
    The Lone Star State
    1 times

Re: Is a great Aztec treasure still waiting to be discovered?

Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs (Prospecting and Treasure Hunting)
    by Charles A. Kenworthy (Paperback - October 15, 1991)

Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States
    by Charles A. Kenworthy (Paperback - September 18, 1993)

Death Traps to Treasure: Spanish and Mexican Mine Traps, Warning Signs and Symbols (Prospecting and Treasure Hunting)
    by Charles A. Kenworthy (Paperback - October 6, 1994)

cptbil did he have any books older than 1991
    Explorer II
    Minelab Sovereign Elite
    Bounty Hunter 505

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

DAVE 45:
    ? ? I lost track of the conversation...?
    Would you "refresh"? ?? for me?
    CptBil & Bugs

Dec 2004
    The Lone Star State
    1 times

cptbil soorrrry
    Just wanted to get your opinion
    Explorer II
    Minelab Sovereign Elite
    Bounty Hunter 505

mx
    May 2005
    San Juan del Río, Querétaro
    Garrett GTP-1350

I grew up down here in old Mexico, and still live here almost 50 years later. We were taught in grade school here that the Aztecs came from the area of Northern U.S., which is now Wisconsin. 8) Also, when the Aztecs arrived here, the lake was NOT dry. In fact, many a Spanish soldier drowned, trying to flee Tenochtitlan with their stolen gold. The Aztecs had four major roadways leading to their island citadel. Most of the lake is dry today, except for Lake Texcoco, which you can easily see when you fly into the city. If you really want to get some exciting reading on Mexico, try "The True History of the Conquest of New Spain", by Bernal Diaz del Castillo. (I see it listed on Amazon.) Diaz del Castillo travelled with Cortez during the conquest of Tenochtitlan.

You can also see a FREE online 140-year-old book, "The History of the Conquest of Mexico", by William Hickling Prescott here:
    http://www.ajlas.org/v2006/paper/2003vol16no108.pdf

*I have updated the download link, as the previous one no longer worked.

The book is also available now on the awesome www.archive.org website in audio format for FREE!

http://www.archive.org/details/conqu...0908_librivox2
    Seeking the treasures of old Mexico!

Dec 2004
    2 times

The Atec treasure in the United States is dwarfed by billions
    in Ecuador. Who would be crazy enough to go for it?

Howso

lenin1946

Quote Originally Posted by Dave45
    go to amazon.com run a search for Charles A. Kenworthy listed five books
    or go to lulu.com and do a search for books about treasure and trueasure hunting.

Dec 2004
    2 times

I daresay there are several people
    on this form who would believe me
    when I say that I know where the
    Aztec treasure iis, but I can almost
    guarantee you that you will never
    hear a peep.
    Some people can dowse.
    Howso

Sep 2005
    16 times

The border regions that we know today as in State Lines or the border of Mexico and the U.S., ofcourse did not exist in the days of the Aztecs or any other native Indian Tribe. Their border lines were of the Tribes themselves and the land they controlled which fluctuated all the time. The Spanish upon their Explorations of the American Southwest (and Northwest), tried to evaluate their (local tribes) into the lands of where the certain Indian Tribes were, as in the lands of the Cocopauhs, Mohave, Pima, Papago, Zuni and such down the line. The Ute's which are a large group divided into smaller bands or Tribes, depending on which area they are found in , are of many names, Paiute, Shoshone Paiute, Tubatulabal, Kawaiisu, Bannock, Koso, Chemehuevi, Cahuilla, Cupena to name a few.........There are classes within all of these groups of people, because they speak only 2 different types of tongue. 1st is the Hokan Speakers, which are related to the Mohave, ipai, Washo, Quechan a broad range across the U.S. West and into Mexico. 2nd is the Shoshnean Speakers which is the Ute, Paiute Stock, Commanche and ****AZTEC......This language is known as the "UTO-AZTECAN"...........Then ofcourse you have the "Dene" and "Na-Dene" Tribes......I often am amazed at the amount of data concerning "only" Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico by Southwest Writers and Story-Tellers, History Buffs and so on, when CALIFORNIA (yeah, my home state, 3rd generation, Mother's side), when California and NEVADA are "LOADED" with "DOCUMENTED ARCHAEOLOGICAL REPORTS, ESSAYS, ARTICLES, and LOCATIONS of the "AZTECS" being in this Neighborhood as well...These Locations and Information can be found within the "NATIONAL REGISTERY VOLUMES" of the "NATIONAL PARK SERVICE"....Darrell

Mar 2005
    4 times

How About An Even Bigger Mayan Treasure

Since someone mentioned Inca here... great site. There is a lot to be discovered in South America yet. It will take serious money to search, but I have no doubt that great finds can be made.

http://www.rickrichards.com/Ancient_Civilizations.htm

"Cryptic writing on a stone doorsill that was found in the ruins of the 16th century cathedral Tihosuco in Yucatan. It is believed to antedate the Mayans. The upper portion of the text appears to have been removed/ destroyed. Who wrote this text? and when?

Can you recognize the text style? Is it Phoenician? Latin? Celtic? Atlantian? It is NOT Mayan.
    "

A city of gold that has drawn many explorers, none of whom have returned alive. Here's your chance to make history.

au
    Mar 2006
    Vic
    2 times

Hi,
    The writing on the slab looks to be ancient Greek.
    My 2 bob
    Cheers
    Grimnar....... by the grace of God!

us
    TEA...taxed enough already

Oct 2005
    San Diego California
    Bounty Hunter
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I just finished reading "Conquest, Montezuma, Cortes, and the Fall of Old Mexico" by Hugh Thomas (1993). I found it on Ebay for les than $10, and I think its the best book on the subject, since it relies not only on Diaz and Prescott, but on Cortes' letters and the results of Cortes' trials (residencia) in Spain decades after the conquest. Over 800 pgs. including all references.
    During the torture of Cuauhtemoc, they set his feet on fire with oil. I don't think he knew the location of the treasure but Cortes had a room with much gold in his Mexican "palace" in Tlalalco.

It's great reading.

Bob

Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    989 times

Quote Originally Posted by xe1ufo
    I grew up down here in old Mexico, and still live here almost 50 years later. We were taught in grade school here that the Aztecs came from the area of Northern U.S., which is now Wisconsin. 8) Also, when the Aztecs arrived here, the lake was NOT dry. In fact, many a Spanish soldier drowned, trying to flee Tenochtitlan with their stolen gold. The Aztecs had four major roadways leading to their island citadel. Most of the lake is dry today, except for Lake Texcoco, which you can easily see when you fly into the city. If you really want to get some exciting reading on Mexico, try "The True History of the Conquest of New Spain", by Bernal Diaz del Castillo. (I see it listed on Amazon.) Diaz del Castillo travelled with Cortez during the conquest of Tenochtitlan.

You can also see a FREE online 140-year-old book, "The History of the Conquest of Mexico", by William Hickling Prescott here:
    http://www.prodigyweb.net.mx/jrossow...st/Default.htm
    xe1ufo,

I have all of the books mentioned, including the three volumes of Prescott's "Conquest of Mexico", along with "The Letters of Cortes to Charles" and many others. If you have not read it, I would recommend "The Broken Spears", Edited by Miguel Leon-Portilla. It gives an account of the conquest from the perspective of the Aztec. All in all, a fascinating period of history.

cj

Jan 2007
    McAlester, Okla
    whites, Garrett.and Tesoro
    1 times

2 moons march north. Buck
    Be sure your right, then go a head.  Davy Crockett

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1162 times

Quote Originally Posted by OklaBuck
    2 moons march north. Buck
    And exactly where does this idea come from?
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Jan 2007
    McAlester, Okla
    whites, Garrett.and Tesoro
    1 times

Wallace Soleman told me In 1986..
    Be sure your right, then go a head.  Davy Crockett

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors