Is a great Aztec treasure still waiting to be discovered?

Albert Osborn

Dec 6, 2004
I daresay there are several people
on this form who would believe me
when I say that I know where the
Aztec treasure iis, but I can almost
guarantee you that you will never
hear a peep.
Some people can dowse.
Howso

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
The border regions that we know today as in State Lines or the border of Mexico and the U.S., ofcourse did not exist in the days of the Aztecs or any other native Indian Tribe. Their border lines were of the Tribes themselves and the land they controlled which fluctuated all the time. The Spanish upon their Explorations of the American Southwest (and Northwest), tried to evaluate their (local tribes) into the lands of where the certain Indian Tribes were, as in the lands of the Cocopauhs, Mohave, Pima, Papago, Zuni and such down the line. The Ute's which are a large group divided into smaller bands or Tribes, depending on which area they are found in , are of many names, Paiute, Shoshone Paiute, Tubatulabal, Kawaiisu, Bannock, Koso, Chemehuevi, Cahuilla, Cupena to name a few.........There are classes within all of these groups of people, because they speak only 2 different types of tongue. 1st is the Hokan Speakers, which are related to the Mohave, ipai, Washo, Quechan a broad range across the U.S. West and into Mexico. 2nd is the Shoshnean Speakers which is the Ute, Paiute Stock, Commanche and ****AZTEC......This language is known as the "UTO-AZTECAN"...........Then ofcourse you have the "Dene" and "Na-Dene" Tribes......I often am amazed at the amount of data concerning "only" Arizona, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico by Southwest Writers and Story-Tellers, History Buffs and so on, when CALIFORNIA (yeah, my home state, 3rd generation, Mother's side), when California and NEVADA are "LOADED" with "DOCUMENTED ARCHAEOLOGICAL REPORTS, ESSAYS, ARTICLES, and LOCATIONS of the "AZTECS" being in this Neighborhood as well...These Locations and Information can be found within the "NATIONAL REGISTERY VOLUMES" of the "NATIONAL PARK SERVICE"....Darrell

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
How About An Even Bigger Mayan Treasure

Since someone mentioned Inca here... great site. There is a lot to be discovered in South America yet. It will take serious money to search, but I have no doubt that great finds can be made.

http://www.rickrichards.com/Ancient_Civilizations.htm

"Cryptic writing on a stone doorsill that was found in the ruins of the 16th century cathedral Tihosuco in Yucatan. It is believed to antedate the Mayans. The upper portion of the text appears to have been removed/ destroyed. Who wrote this text? and when?

Can you recognize the text style? Is it Phoenician? Latin? Celtic? Atlantian? It is NOT Mayan.
"

A city of gold that has drawn many explorers, none of whom have returned alive. Here's your chance to make history.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished reading "Conquest, Montezuma, Cortes, and the Fall of Old Mexico" by Hugh Thomas (1993). I found it on Ebay for les than $10, and I think its the best book on the subject, since it relies not only on Diaz and Prescott, but on Cortes' letters and the results of Cortes' trials (residencia) in Spain decades after the conquest. Over 800 pgs. including all references.
During the torture of Cuauhtemoc, they set his feet on fire with oil. I don't think he knew the location of the treasure but Cortes had a room with much gold in his Mexican "palace" in Tlalalco.

It's great reading.

Bob

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
xe1ufo said:
I grew up down here in old Mexico, and still live here almost 50 years later. We were taught in grade school here that the Aztecs came from the area of Northern U.S., which is now Wisconsin. 8) Also, when the Aztecs arrived here, the lake was NOT dry. In fact, many a Spanish soldier drowned, trying to flee Tenochtitlan with their stolen gold. The Aztecs had four major roadways leading to their island citadel. Most of the lake is dry today, except for Lake Texcoco, which you can easily see when you fly into the city. If you really want to get some exciting reading on Mexico, try "The True History of the Conquest of New Spain", by Bernal Diaz del Castillo. (I see it listed on Amazon.) Diaz del Castillo travelled with Cortez during the conquest of Tenochtitlan.

You can also see a FREE online 140-year-old book, "The History of the Conquest of Mexico", by William Hickling Prescott here:
http://www.prodigyweb.net.mx/jrossow/History/Conquest/Default.htm

xe1ufo,

I have all of the books mentioned, including the three volumes of Prescott's "Conquest of Mexico", along with "The Letters of Cortes to Charles" and many others. If you have not read it, I would recommend "The Broken Spears", Edited by Miguel Leon-Portilla. It gives an account of the conquest from the perspective of the Aztec. All in all, a fascinating period of history.

cj

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would put it somewhere in the Superstitions:

:o :D

Nov 27, 2007
Valley of the Sun
I remember watching something on the history channel once about this group of treasure hunters that had some good treasure leads in the south American countries...almost all the sites they found had already been looted... :-[

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
cptbil said:
treaser hunta:
If you check into the legends/stories, you'll find that they all agree on,
The treasure was moved, by the Aztecs, to the far north!
The Apache and some of the other Arizona and New Mexico Tribes have tales recounting of watching the various
elements!
Seems as tho the Aztecs, broke in to several different elements/bands and each went a different direction!
Anyhow, these Indians, watched the various elements of the main body, go past and thru their lands!
All of this takes place, out of Mexico, and in the States of Ariz., NM., and Utah!

A minor point. Not ALL legends agree the gold went north. I am some distance SE of Mexico City, and the legends here say it's buried here, on land known to belong to the Moctezuma family. ;D ;D ;D ;D

And, that it took them two weeks to bury it. When my wife was a girl in the 50's a local man, who alas had a drinking problem, said he knew where it was.

We are what would have taken strong Aztec slaves two days to walk, not two moons.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
piegrande said:
....When my wife was a girl in the 50's a local man, who alas had a drinking problem, said he knew where it was ......

I've heard a fair amount of whiskey talk myself concerning 'hidden treasure and lost mines'.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Springfield said:
piegrande said:
....When my wife was a girl in the 50's a local man, who alas had a drinking problem, said he knew where it was ......

I've heard a fair amount of whiskey talk myself concerning 'hidden treasure and lost mines'.

;D ;D ;D ;D

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I don't know if this true tale is too far off topic or not. Liquor talk can get you killed in Mexico as well as in the US.

My best friend was what we'd call county medical examiner here in rural Puebla for 22 years. He resigned when his stupid boss made him do an autopsy on a woman who got drunk and wrapped her car around a tree. "Examined organs; brains; cause of death - deceased was found in a car wrapped around tree." :tongue3:

Anyway, he was involved in a case which involved a body found in the woods. Doing the autopsy, he noted both legs were broken below the knees, and the body was not near a cliff. :read2:

It took them two years, but in the end a man and his wife got 40 years in CERESO, and here there is no time off for good conduct.

The deceased when he got drunk always boasted how rich he was and how much money he had. Locals all knew it was liquor, this was a poor man who fantasized aloud when he was drunk. But, the couple came in town to visit and heard it, and believed it. She lured him to the woods, her husband opened the door and broke his legs with a baseball bat so he couldn't fight back, then told him they wanted the money. When they realized it was all liquor, the man killed him.

In the US, a good lawyer would have got the woman off, because it was true her husband was one mean, vicious dude. And, lawyer 101 in the US would have pled her innocent because of fear for her life, etc. However, this is Mexico, no jury to show her cute legs to, and when she was in that car alone with the victim she could have driven to the police if she feared her husband. Since she did not, she was an obvious willing accomplice, and she got the same 40 years.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piegrande said:
I don't know if this true tale is too far off topic or not. Liquor talk can get you killed in Mexico as well as in the US.

My best friend was what we'd call county medical examiner here in rural Puebla for 22 years. He resigned when his stupid boss made him do an autopsy on a woman who got drunk and wrapped her car around a tree. "Examined organs; brains; cause of death - deceased was found in a car wrapped around tree." :tongue3:

Anyway, he was involved in a case which involved a body found in the woods. Doing the autopsy, he noted both legs were broken below the knees, and the body was not near a cliff. :read2:

It took them two years, but in the end a man and his wife got 40 years in CERESO, and here there is no time off for good conduct.

The deceased when he got drunk always boasted how rich he was and how much money he had. Locals all knew it was liquor, this was a poor man who fantasized aloud when he was drunk. But, the couple came in town to visit and heard it, and believed it. She lured him to the woods, her husband opened the door and broke his legs with a baseball bat so he couldn't fight back, then told him they wanted the money. When they realized it was all liquor, the man killed him.

In the US, a good lawyer would have got the woman off, because it was true her husband was one mean, vicious dude. And, lawyer 101 in the US would have pled her innocent because of fear for her life, etc. However, this is Mexico, no jury to show her cute legs to, and when she was in that car alone with the victim she could have driven to the police if she feared her husband. Since she did not, she was an obvious willing accomplice, and she got the same 40 years.

WOW!! Greed can really get you in trouble eh?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread